Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Moghancement: Lightning vs Desynthesis

I tried searching the forums, and I haven't come up with any real results of exactly what Moghancement: Desynthesis does. From my understanding, Lightning will make it so you have a better chance of keeping your items if you break a synth using a lightning crystal (is that right?). So, what does Desynthesis do? I know it helps with Desynthesis, but how? Is it the same as the elementals, but works for any crystals used in the desynth process (lightning and wind, etc)?

Also along the same lines, does more elemental strength = better results? Like, would overwhelming lightning energy be better for desynth results (in either case)? I read around here that 120 was the magic number for max elemental strength... Is that right? (I know, lots of questions. )

Basically, what I'd like to do is furnish my mog house efficiently to get extra storage slots out of it... 20 Consoles = 80 slots, 120 Lightning energy, Moghancement: Lightning. If Desynthesis is better, I could take away one Console and put in a Thurible (Only 1 slot, but 8 energy and Moghancement: Desynthesis.) Since a Thurible is 2 more lightning base than a Console, then that moghancement should become dominant, right? For the remaining 3 slots, I could just fill it in with the random stuff I collected over the years (eggs and trees and crap).

Of course, this leads to another side question: If you add other elements, does it lower the strength of the dominant element?

I think that's enough questions for now. @.@ Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Re: Moghancement: Lightning vs Desynthesis

Quote Originally Posted by Edrick
    From my understanding, Lightning will make it so you have a better chance of keeping your items if you break a synth using a lightning crystal (is that right?).
    Thats what I always thought Moghancement: Desynthesis did, granted its been a long time since I even bothered with that stuff.

I think you're right that each element helps you keep synthesis items when using said crystal, and its probably right that no matter what crystal you use, as long as its a desynth, you should have less chance of losing the item.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Holy double post batman!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

From what I understand Mog: Lightning and Mog: Desynth effect 2 different types of synth that both use lightning crystals. A synth using a lightning crystal has "XXXX synthesized a XXXX" where as a Desynth has "XXXX obtained a XXXX" . Mog: Lightning doesn't effect Desynth and vice versa.

Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong but then why would they add 2 types of moghancement for 1 crystal type?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jodwahh
    Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong but then why would they add 2 types of moghancement for 1 crystal type?
    Minor nitpick: you can desynth with crystals that aren't lightning! Wind is the usual other one, though there are a few water and fire desynths (off hand, Tonberry Lanterns and Gigas Socks come to mind.) Moghancement: Desynthesis presumably covers these desynths as well.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Moghancement: Element only covers synthesis and not desynthesis of that element.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Moghancement: Lightning reduces ingredients lost when your lighnting synth breaks.

Moghancement: Desynthesis increases your success rate for desynths.

Hmmm, ok. So, sounds like Desynthesis Moghancement would be better if I were going to be using both lightning and wind crystals in my desynths. So, that leads me to another question. If I load my mog house up with consoles (6 lightning energy each, but Moghancement: Lightning), and then put in one Thurible (8 lightning energy, Moghancement: Desynthesis), given 19 consoles and 1 Thurible, that'll put me at 122 lightning energy in the mog house. So, since Thurible is 2 points more than a console, would it take Moghancement: Desynth over lightning? Or would it keep lightning since that's what the majority of the furnishings are?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

The highest strength item determines the moghancement I believe, so that should work.

OK, got all of my consoles up and all the ingredients for the Thurible synth... lol, now, I just need to find a 98+ goldsmith with ~60 smithing on Alexander, and I'll be all set. @.@ Anyone know any? >.> <.<

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i have ordered 5 tsyahyan masks that cost me 1.5m back a while ago. that was materials cost, and the actual item was on sale for 1mill. nowadays a mask sells for 100k on ah -.-. in any case, the rest of the mog was decked out from toadstools bought npc for 2k each in windy...totally near 2mil for the whole setup of 80 slots.

so i have been where you are going, and i would have to say that the difference between maxing out every last spot, and simply gaining the 'overwhelming' status is minimal at best, and non-existent at worse. furthermore, the more crafters I talk to, the more i realize that the same pattern occurs of 1/1/1. 1 broken crystal, 1 completely broken synth of lost crystal and item(s), and 1 success. if moghancement: desynth does anything at all, it nudges more towards 2/1/2, 2 broken crystals and 2 correct desynths. (a higher determination of desynth is placed on level of craft in relevance to the desynth rather than moghancements...ultimately lending to the idea that moghance is the only step @100 where you cant get higher level'd craft...) yet, again, although there is some difference between 'overwhelming' and 'faint', simply having "desynthesis" as the primary factor for your moghouse is the largest amount of determination of whether desynth will be blessed by the vana gods. In any case, most of my ideas/thoughts are from personal experience, and I have not the energy nor the real desire to go through extensive testing. i have 80/80 furniture that has both lightning and desynth as the element as well as the moghancement:desynthesis, and that will last me forever. this new item...that has 9 lightning and desynth, i will have to look it up. in any case, GL on your desynthing journeys, your highest profit awaits if you are willing to farm lightning clusters and the item(s) needed to desynth with!

frigate

Hmmm, ok. So, sounds like Desynthesis Moghancement would be better if I were going to be using both lightning and wind crystals in my desynths. So, that leads me to another question. If I load my mog house up with consoles (6 lightning energy each, but Moghancement: Lightning), and then put in one Thurible (8 lightning energy, Moghancement: Desynthesis), given 19 consoles and 1 Thurible, that'll put me at 122 lightning energy in the mog house. So, since Thurible is 2 points more than a console, would it take Moghancement: Desynth over lightning? Or would it keep lightning since that's what the majority of the furnishings are?

i've been trying to desynth gold orcmasks.

GS 76
    Moghancement: Desynth (48 Book Holders)

i selected book holders coz it gave me the most mh:desynth per sq foot.

my last batch of desynths done:

breaks: 9
    success: 12
    fails w/o mat loss: 12

which is:

57% gold ingots
    43% total loss

of course, i'm interested in hearing if there is a better way for more reliable desynthing.

some rumors i'd like to get input on from experienced desynthers:
    1. some ppl have said that i will get more success if i'm not more than 10 lvls above skill cap.
    2. aura strength doesn't matter as long as you have mh:desynth active, no matter how weak that aura

as far as the console and thurible debate, i believe mh:lightning w/ 6 aura vs mh:desyn w/8 aura compete with each other, not stack for 122 lightning energy.

19 consoles x 6 aura = 114 aura
    1 thurible x 8 aura = 8 aura

the 114 aura will dominate and thus you will have mh:lightning in your mh. this will give you less chance of material loss during SYNTHESIS only, not desynth, if using lightning crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by frigate
    as far as the console and thurible debate, i believe mh:lightning w/ 6 aura vs mh:desyn w/8 aura compete with each other, not stack for 122 lightning energy.

the 114 aura will dominate and thus you will have mh:lightning in your mh. this will give you less chance of material loss during SYNTHESIS only, not desynth, if using lightning crystal.
    Actually, got my Thurible and my Consoles. With Thurible, I'm at Moghancement: Desynthesis. Without, I'm at lightning. So, they only compete with the single items. As long as the dominant energy is lightning, it'll take the highest lightning aura for the moghancement (in this case, 8 > 6, so Thurible's Desynthesis wins). Even though I have 114 lightning energy from Consoles. That only means I can put any other element item in there, no matter how strong the aura is, and it won't push out my desynthesis until that item's element is on top.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by frigate

As soon as you hit 100 lightning strength, you'll have overwhelming energy, no matter what type of moghancement breakdown you have within the 100. In your example though, the thurible is the highest strength item, and so will give you the Moghancement.