+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 MLB Playoffs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Re: 2007 MLB Playoffs

wow, wasnt really expecting cleveland to win 3 in a row even though i want them to win this series

So the Sox are one of the amazing AL teams that the Rockies have to worry about? Im sorry but any team that gives up as many runs in a single inning as they have in this postseason, isn't all it's cracked up to be. If Cleveland wins this next one, I'd say the one major thing deciding the Rockies-Indians game will be all of the time that the Rockies have off, possibly causing them to lose their momentum.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

How about dem Indians, eh! eh!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    So the Sox are one of the amazing AL teams that the Rockies have to worry about? Im sorry but any team that gives up as many runs in a single inning as they have in this postseason, isn't all it's cracked up to be. If Cleveland wins this next one, I'd say the one major thing deciding the Rockies-Indians game will be all of the time that the Rockies have off, possibly causing them to lose their momentum.
    You don't think the major deciding factor might be Cleveland's superior offense? Or Cleveland's superior starting pitching? Or Cleveland superior bullpen? Even if you want to get into intangibles: Postseason experience? Cleveland. Home field advantage? Cleveland. Seriously, what does Colorado have over Cleveland as an advantage besides "momentum"?

ProTip: Momentum is one of the most exaggerated things in baseball. How much momentum did the Yankees have after winning game 3 of the 2004 ALCS 19-8? How much momentum did the Tigers of 2006 have going into the playoffs after losing the division on the last day? How much momentum did those same Tigers have going into the World Series after romping through the LDS and LCS? How about the 1967 Red Sox? Where was their momentum? The Phillies this year surely had momentum after closing a 7 game gap with 17 games to play in September to win the NL East. Where was that?

It may be cliche, but it's such because it's true: Momentum in baseball is only as strong as your next day's starting pitching.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    You don't think the major deciding factor might be Cleveland's superior offense? Or Cleveland's superior starting pitching? Or Cleveland superior bullpen? Even if you want to get into intangibles: Postseason experience? Cleveland. Home field advantage? Cleveland. Seriously, what does Colorado have over Cleveland as an advantage besides "momentum"?
    Post season experience? It's been pretty well documented that the only person on Cleveland with any postseason experience is Kenny Lofton. The rest of the guys played zero games coming into the playoffs. I have no idea how many combined playoff games the Rockies have, but even if it's also zero, they have as much experience as the Indians do outside of one player.

You could also make the argument that the Rockies have been swinging the bats as well as anyone. Also, they have likely-NL-MVP in Matt Holliday. To say the Rockies have nothing going for them other than momentum is pretty crazy. However...

ProTip: Momentum is one of the most exaggerated things in baseball. How much momentum did the Yankees have after winning game 3 of the 2004 ALCS 19-8? How much momentum did the Tigers of 2006 have going into the playoffs after losing the division on the last day? How much momentum did those same Tigers have going into the World Series after romping through the LDS and LCS? How about the 1967 Red Sox? Where was their momentum? The Phillies this year surely had momentum after closing a 7 game gap with 17 games to play in September to win the NL East. Where was that?

It may be cliche, but it's such because it's true: Momentum in baseball is only as strong as your next day's starting pitching.
    I partly agree with you. The last 5-6 years in baseball postseason have been all about getting hot at the right time. But should that take away from the accomplishments of those teams? Still, I think baseball is almost as much a mental game as it is a physical one, you can't completely discount momentum as being exaggerated.

What I meant was that the one thing the Rockies would have for them if anything would be momentum, but they probably will no longer have it considering the 9 days they have off. Not sure how you read what I said any differently. I still think the AL teams are blown out of proportion, but at the same time I do think the Indians are the superior team.

And Im sorry, but 21 out of your last 22 is pretty ridiculous, and its hard to compare any other "momentum moments" to this.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Breaking News: Torre turned down the 1 year off from the Yankees.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Can you blame him? They offered him a 1-year deal at a $2,000,000+ pay cut after telling him he was gone if he didn't win a pennant.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Can you blame him? They offered him a 1-year deal at a $2,000,000+ pay cut after telling him he was gone if he didn't win a pennant.
    dont blame him at all lol

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Can't blame him at all. Just saying it was breaking news. D:

It was funny. Jeremy Shcapp/Shapp/however it's spelled.. came on and said he'd be back for another year, then breaking news came on that said he wasn't. Haha.

why didnt beckett clean up the last inning wrrrryyyy

edit: nvm sox win it's 3-2 now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

At this time I would like to thank Josh Beckett, Johnathan Papelbon, and the whole batting order with the exception of Coco Crisp for tonight. Hell even J.D. Drew did a good job tonight.

Beckett is insanely good, which should be obvious to anyone, and Boston's bats finally woke up for a game. Too bad they're not gonna have a game like that against Carmona. The series is gonna be over after game 6 and I'm gonna be proven a genius:

Quote Originally Posted by Pohibaba
    ALCS - TBA
    This is going to be Boston and the Indians. I honestly have no clue who's going to win as both teams are very evenly matched, but I'm going to root for Cleveland. I just fucking hate both the Yankees and the Red Sox, plus I love it when two smaller market teams make it to the World Series and then all the ESPN analysts act like it means nothing now.

NLCS - TBA
    This'll be the Rockies and the D-backs, which I'm happy about. I think this will be when the flaws in the D-back's lineup will finally be their achilles. Expect the Rockies to win this series.

World Series - TBA
    Indians vs. Rockies. I'd love to try to make an argument about why the Rockies are gonna win this, but I can't. Cleveland will win the World Series for the first time since 1948.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    At this time I would like to thank Josh Beckett, Johnathan Papelbon, and the whole batting order with the exception of Coco Crisp for tonight. Hell even J.D. Drew did a good job tonight.
    qft! Beckett was godly last night and I woke up this morning wondering if I was dreaming when Coco and Drew actually scored runs.. I don't know why they took Kielty out, but I guess it didn't screw us over after all. I'm just praying Coco gets taken out, he's just a waste of space lately it seems.. sure he can steal, but he has to hit the ball to do that!

Anyway, rant over. It's gonna be great to see them in Fenway again, but they still have a ways to go.. Indians doing pretty well (except for going through like 234294 pitchers at the end). Belieeeeeeeeeve!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    Beckett is insanely good, which should be obvious to anyone, and Boston's bats finally woke up for a game. Too bad they're not gonna have a game like that against Carmona.
    While I certainly respect Carmona's ability, he has never pitched well in Fenway. There's something about that park that can get into a pitcher's head, as is most obvious when you look at John Lackey. With Schilling's postseason track record and Carmona's troubles in Boston, I think this will go to a game 7.

Interesting how the Indians hired Beckett's ex-girlfriend to sing the national anthem on the game he pitched. I love psychological warfare but it didn't affect Beckett in the least, and now the Indians look dumb for doing it.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Interesting how the Indians hired Beckett's ex-girlfriend to sing the national anthem on the game he pitched. I love psychological warfare but it didn't affect Beckett in the least, and now the Indians look dumb for doing it.
    Beckett was even more dominant answering questions about that after the game than he was on the mound. He said he was just happy that his old friend was able to come watch the game for free lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Only thing it did was piss him off into throwing 90+ almost the whole night lol (not like he doesn't anyways....) I would like to see them put Jacoby in in place of Coco. Coco is an amazing defensive player but his batting leaves something to be desired right now, I mean he is fucking awesome when he gets on base but its just not happening right now.

Sidenote: Red Sox go to world series, I have game one or two tickets :D I'm so fucking psyched

Fucking JD Drew

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    Fucking JD Drew
    I know...sucks. I'm pissed. Yelled at my wife lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast