+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 MLB Playoffs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

2007 MLB Playoffs

I'm surprised no one made this thread yet.

ALDS Series 1 - Angels vs. Red Sox
    Beckett dominated game one, and has now pitched 18 consecutive scoreless innings in the playoffs (yay caring over stats from 2003.) The Angels are beat up, have a weak defense, and less than stellar pitching. They also haven't faced Matsuzaka before. Anaheim might steal a game, but I don't see this one going past 4 games.

ALDS Series 2 - Yankees vs. Indians
    Cleveland has a 1-2 punch of Cy Young contenders, a fairly potent offense, and possibly the best set-up guy in the game right now. There's no way of knowing what you'll get from their closer, and that could become an issue. The Yankees have a monster line up, decent starters, and an incredibly strong back end of their bullpen. I think Cleveland's starting pitchers will end up winning the series for them, but it really could go either way. I certainly don't expect them to take these games by nine runs like they did tonight.

NLDS Series 1 - Rockies vs. Phillies
    The Rockies are the hottest team in the playoffs, hands down. They won 14 of their last 15 games getting into the playoffs, and they did it with pitching instead of the typical Rockies slugging style. The Phillies simply don't have a pitching staff strong enough to win in the postseason. The Rockies should take this one easily, especially being up by two games and heading back to Colorado.

NLDS Seris 2 - Cubs vs. Diamondbacks
    The Cubs came out of the NL Central, the only division in baseball with six teams. Of course, none of those six seemed interested in winning baseball games this year. The Diamondbacks are probably the strongest team coming out of the NL this year, and they should handle the Cubs soundly. *Insert Pinella-is-being-paid-off conspiracy theory here.*

ALCS - TBA
    As an unappologetic Red Sox fan, I think they have a good shot of making the World Series. The ALCS is certainly going to be a fantastic series this year, though. Boston, Cleveland, and New York are all strong teams that could come out on top. It really is a shame that the Angels had so many late-season injuries this year, because Mike Scocia is a marvelous manager and deserves a better showing than what his current roster will give him.

NLCS - TBA
    An all NL West NLCS should be entertaining. The Rockies have to slow down at some point, don't they? Assuming it ends up being Rockies vs. D'backs, I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. I'll go with Colorado because Arizona's offense is just too inconsistant. If the Rockies' rotation can have good starts, then their offense should be more than sufficient to outscore their way to a World Series.

World Series - TBA
    Well, I would say that the AL team will take this handily, but St. Louis proved me (and probably everyone outside of Missouri) wrong when I said that last year. That said, I still really like any of the AL teams' chances against the four remaining NL teams.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Re: 2007 MLB Playoffs

Cubs and D-Backs are playing right now with the D-Backs up 8-4. Everyone looked down on them how they were going to be no better than a 3rd place team this year, and finish 90-72 winning the best record in the NL. They were outscored I believe by 14 runs during the regular season or something? Anyway, I hope they win this series. I don't care about the Cubs and their curse. I'm just sick of Lou.

Phillies and Rockies are pretty much over. Rockies have won 16 out of their last 17 games and are just on a beastly roll. It's amazing what they've done.

Go go Red Sox. Lackey is really a bad matchup against them seeing as he gets owned almost every time. I think he's 1-5 against them or something. D:

Yankees and Indians game tonight was fun. I had a blast watching the Yankees get steamrolled. I guess I just don't like them or something. I hope Fausto can pitch well tomorrow night, he's a great young arm.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

a

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm actually very surprised the Phillies have been so flat thus far considering they have been such a high energy team in the second half of the season. It really looks like they have been tensing up way too much, and it didn't help that the home plate Ump in Game 1 was so horrendous. Maybe a road trip is just what they need to shake the nerves. The Rockies are amazingly hot right now and will probably win, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to the the Fightin's pull the series out.

As for the rest of the playoffs, I see a Cleveland/Boston ALCS and a Rockies/D'backs NLCS with Cleveland taking the whole thing by beating the D'backs.

LMAO at seeing LeBron at the game last night with a Yankee hat on, saying he was there to support the Yankees. I thought that was classic.

ALDS Series 1 - Angels vs. Red Sox
    I think it was clear from the start that Boston was going to win this series, they simply have more talent and less injuries.

ALDS Series 2 - Yankees vs. Indians
    The Indians are an amazing team this year. The only thing they really have going against them is that nobody has any playoff experience (expcept Lofton and he's like a million years old). I'd still bet on the Indians, though.

NLDS Series 1 - Rockies vs. Phillies
    The Rockies are on an amazing run, and while I expected them to win, I still expected the Phillies to put up a better fight than they've shown so far. Rockies are gonna sweep this.

NLDS Seris 2 - Cubs vs. Diamondbacks
    I've always thought that the Cubs were overrated this year and didn't give them much of a shot in this series. They're just proving me right.

ALCS - TBA
    This is going to be Boston and the Indians. I honestly have no clue who's going to win as both teams are very evenly matched, but I'm going to root for Cleveland. I just fucking hate both the Yankees and the Red Sox, plus I love it when two smaller market teams make it to the World Series and then all the ESPN analysts act like it means nothing now.

NLCS - TBA
    This'll be the Rockies and the D-backs, which I'm happy about. I think this will be when the flaws in the D-back's lineup will finally be their achilles. Excpect the Rockies to win this series.

World Series - TBA
    Indians vs. Rockies. I'd love to try to make an argument about why the Rockies are gonna win this, but I can't. Cleveland will win the World Series for the first time since 1920.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Bxbaby
    LMAO at seeing LeBron at the game last night with a Yankee hat on, saying he was there to support the Yankees. I thought that was classic.

Yeah that was funny as hell, In the middle of Cleveland fans no less.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Pohi, Cleveland beat the Boston Braves in the 1948 World Series >_<; It's still been nearly 60 years for them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Pohi, Cleveland beat the Boston Braves in the 1948 World Series >_<; It's still been nearly 60 years for them, though.
    Fixed, but whose couting anyway?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Who's idea was putting the 5 and 6 keys next to each other?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Man did Cleveland sure open a can of whoopass. Here's hoping they can make some magic happen this post season. I grew up in Cleveland...they're long overdue. I'd love to see Kenny Lofton get his ring with the Indians too.

Damn. I used to have all those useless baseball stats memorized when I was a kid. I guess I'm getting rusty in my old age. Oh well, it's still been a long time (and longer than the Giants! )

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I have been waiting soo long to admit that I am a Rockies fan.

P.S. Cry more Mr. Howard.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fausto Carmona is a beast. I'm glad I had him on my fantasy team this year. Haha.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Johan Santana is going to pitch a 10 inning 1-0 CG shutout in game 7 to win the World Series for the Twins.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

and the Indians win! Hafner with a bases loaded single. Ftw.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

As hard as TBS tried to make those two games boring, they were two fantastic October baseball games.

Protip: Walking Ortiz 4 straight times is the best way to lose a game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Manny fucking Ramirez WHAT!?!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

As hard as TBS tried to make those two games boring, they were two fantastic October baseball games.

Protip: Walking Ortiz 4 straight times is the best way to lose a game.
    I dunno. I think TBS has done a pretty good job, that and I like Chip Carey. He's a great announcer. Tonight's games though were just.. wow. It's a shame the Box Score on the Red Sox/Angels game will read 6-3, because it was obviously closer than that. Manny popped that ball into the next county though, for real.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Fausto Carmona is a beast. I'm glad I had him on my fantasy team this year. Haha.
    same haha

and im an lolastros fan, so im cheering for the rockies. They had a double-a farm team like 10minutes from me here in CT, and a lot of their players came up through there like Helton. I'm hopin for a Rockies-Indians/Angels World Series cuz i fucking hate the sox+yankees

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast