Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Almighty Apkallu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: Almighty Apkallu

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    I heard Almighty Apkallu spawns if a Red Mage wearing full wise gear who subs summoner comes on the boat ride and summons Cait Sith while curing and buffing with a Dark Staff on.

Luckily, I know just the guy!
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/Sekkite/wrong.jpg
    But those are Errant boots.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Was talking with Pergo, and we will try a few more thing with nashmau stew. It come from a repeatable quest, it's made of 5 fishes apkallu like and there is a ton of negative status to it. Could explain why it's listed with the quest NM in the .dat (bottom of the list), why no one ever saw it pop and would give an use to the stew.

Apkallu hates theory failed, no lures were added since ToA release and there is no known quest related with that area.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Could explain why it's listed with the quest NM in the .dat (bottom of the list)
    yeah, it's either that or because there are no quest NMs on the barge and almighty apkallu was added last.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Could explain why it's listed with the quest NM in the .dat (bottom of the list)
    yeah, it's either that or because there are no quest NMs on the barge and almighty apkallu was added last.
    I know that...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I have read all the pages about AA and the couple on the forum about RR but i may have missed this but.

I know they arent NPC's but has anyone tried trading fish to the apkallu on the boat or the ones that jump up on the boat? Could do absolutely nothing but you dont lose anything for trying.

I quit last month but still roam the forums when im bored so I cant try for myself but AA does intrigue me and would be cool if we could figure him out.

It may have to do with having max hate and trading fish to the NPC apkallu then going on boat and hoping for a apkallu to pop on ship or somthing crazy like that. If SE did make it have somthing to do with hate I wouldn't think your hate would drop so fast because your screwed if no apkallu are on ship when you ride and plus you may not be on right ship at right time but you never know about SE

Has anyone tried trading the stew to an apkallu? D:

(on the boat that is)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

to the 2 previous posts:

if we could trade items to a monster, i'm pretty sure we all would know how to weaken AV.

Was talking with Pergo, and we will try a few more thing with nashmau stew. It come from a repeatable quest, it's made of 5 fishes apkallu like and there is a ton of negative status to it. Could explain why it's listed with the quest NM in the .dat (bottom of the list), why no one ever saw it pop and would give an use to the stew.

Apkallu hates theory failed, no lures were added since ToA release and there is no known quest related with that area.
    I personally like this idea and hope it gets tested

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    I heard Almighty Apkallu spawns if a Red Mage wearing full wise gear who subs summoner comes on the boat ride and summons Cait Sith while curing and buffing with a Dark Staff on.

Luckily, I know just the guy!
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/Sekkite/wrong.jpg
    His Dark Staff is named Dag?

Speaking of weather, though, how come it can't rain between Al Zahbi and Nashmau, but it can rain between Al Zahbi and Mhaura? From the elementals in the .dats, looks like only water and thunder weather is allowed between Mhaura and Al Zahbi, and only wind and thunder weather is allowed between Al Zahbi and Nashmau.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Geostigma

I personally like this idea and hope it gets tested
    Ok so, did Cook-a-roon quest. He failed to make the soup, quest ended(turns out its not repeatable). Did the other quest that involves the same npc making the same soup, he made it. Ate the soup before boarding... Apkallu is up from the get-go. I run around it, /emote it, rest in front of it... nothing. I engage it, run around the boat... nothing. I finally kill it... nothing. Later on during the ride, the 2nd Apkallu pops, same thing... nothing. I've since taken the boat about 5 more times, only got an Apkallu once more, still nothing. I've sat by the edges, I've tried fishing. The stew is still in effect (its 3 hours). The only thing that I know at this point is that the -100defense is screwing my blm, almost dying over here.

This idea was so perfect(aside from the fact you can only get the item once or twice), but I guess ultimately it doesn't fit.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Mybe it does have a 21~24 hour window, just that he has to be fished during that 3 hours the window is open and you have to hope to get lucky enough to fish him up? I'm just throwing out an idea since it seems as stupid as that might be, it would kinda explain why nobody has seen him. Since almost nobody rides the two boats that he can appear on, according to the dat's. Even if they did ride the boats and tryed to fish, they still wouldn't have any garuntee to catch him if his window wasnt up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since Proteus is his equivalent on the Al Zahbi to Nashmau ferry, under what conditions does he pop? 21-24? Weather? Just randomly happens to be up at the start?

It's not the same, since obviously people have seen Proteus before, but I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    Ok so, did Cook-a-roon quest. He failed to make the soup, quest ended(turns out its not repeatable). Did the other quest that involves the same npc making the same soup, he made it. Ate the soup before boarding... Apkallu is up from the get-go. I run around it, /emote it, rest in front of it... nothing. I engage it, run around the boat... nothing. I finally kill it... nothing. Later on during the ride, the 2nd Apkallu pops, same thing... nothing. I've since taken the boat about 5 more times, only got an Apkallu once more, still nothing. I've sat by the edges, I've tried fishing. The stew is still in effect (its 3 hours). The only thing that I know at this point is that the -100defense is screwing my blm, almost dying over here.

This idea was so perfect(aside from the fact you can only get the item once or twice), but I guess ultimately it doesn't fit.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    What about fishing while under the effects of the food? Leaving the Apkallu alone and fishing or killing it and fishing? Or just killing all other monsters on the boat aside from the Apkallu and fishing? (All while using that food...?) It just seems that such a useless food would be in the game that happens to be made of fish Apkallu like wouldn't be useful for something even remotely related to Apkallu. It also makes sense that fishing while smelling like this food would guarantee you're close to the edge of the boat, and fishing up monsters on boats is well known among the player community, so it's probably something SE would think we could figure out easily enough.

I dunno, just tossing ideas around. I've been interested in this NM ever since the fabricated tales of it dropping that sword. I'm just glad I didn't waste too much time riding the boat back and forth back in those days... >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Narse
    Just tested this, Almighty Apkallu popped during double penguin weather on boat ride back to Whitegate.
    http://fnord.terror.de/images/boston...m_Penguins.jpg

:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Pendas
    The Quest seems to follow a trend of involving secondary gathering skills and popping NMs in the process. The next skill on the chart thats possible in the Silver Sea Boat is Fishing. So it couldbe very possible that Almighty Apkallu = Fishing.

I checked the .dat files and as you can see Almighty Apkallu is located on the bottom of the monster list like all the other quest NMs in the same series. Now its just a matter of finding the item needed to activate the Silver Seas area if one exists.
    Only problem is, Fishing <> HELM. Least, I like to think that my 96.4 fishing is slightly greater than random-luck mining/harvesting/logging. Considering I can get desired results, I can target what I want for skill, etc.

At least, if SE decided to make Fishing a 'secondary gathering skill', It'll explain why it sucks balls that Lu Shangs can catch everything NP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Mybe it does have a 21~24 hour window, just that he has to be fished during that 3 hours the window is open and you have to hope to get lucky enough to fish him up? I'm just throwing out an idea since it seems as stupid as that might be, it would kinda explain why nobody has seen him. Since almost nobody rides the two boats that he can appear on, according to the dat's. Even if they did ride the boats and tryed to fish, they still wouldn't have any garuntee to catch him if his window wasnt up.
    If you watch the animations of the Apkallu when they appear on the boat (any boat ride), they jump out of the water and land on the boat via their belly before going upright (maybe wrong about the belly part but they do jump from out of the water). Since this is the normal behavior of "all" Apkallu I would be extremely surprised (and it's unlikely) if AA was required to be "fish'd" up.

I still hold true to my original idea in that AA is a random spawn of the regular Apkallu that jump onto the boat. Its either like the pirates and black/silverhook (in that u have one chance and if ur not on that exact boat ride and miss it ur SoL), or something obscure like during besiegd/no AC being in Whitegate (in addition to it being on a spawn timer).

Lets say it spawns once every 21-24hrs (hypothesis), and it can be on either boat (from nash > whitegate), this is not a guarantee that somebody would have seen it alrdy because AA was added later down the ToA timeline and very few ppl ever take the nash > whitegate ferry w/o a specific reason. Nobody just takes it for the hell of it like they do the Whitegate > nash ferry (for cooking supplies, merit/xp, ect ect ect...)

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan
    If you watch the animations of the Apkallu when they appear on the boat (any boat ride), they jump out of the water and land on the boat via their belly before going upright (maybe wrong about the belly part but they do jump from out of the water). Since this is the normal behavior of "all" Apkallu I would be extremely surprised (and it's unlikely) if AA was required to be "fish'd" up.

I still hold true to my original idea in that AA is a random spawn of the regular Apkallu that jump onto the boat. Its either like the pirates and black/silverhook (in that u have one chance and if ur not on that exact boat ride and miss it ur SoL), or something obscure like during besiegd/no AC being in Whitegate (in addition to it being on a spawn timer).

Lets say it spawns once every 21-24hrs (hypothesis), and it can be on either boat (from nash > whitegate), this is not a guarantee that somebody would have seen it alrdy because AA was added later down the ToA timeline and very few ppl ever take the nash > whitegate ferry w/o a specific reason. Nobody just takes it for the hell of it like they do the Whitegate > nash ferry (for cooking supplies, merit/xp, ect ect ect...)
    Sounds like the easiest way to test that theory is to set homepoint in Nashmau and take the boat over and over and over until your eyes bleed, then swap shifts with someone until you've covered every single boat ride for 24 hours. Might help to do what people do when the pirates spawn (random in a window or do you have to kill stuff/leave stuff alone?) Would also help to ride the boat solid through all 3 besiege advances. Since that boat path isn't traveled much at all, it's very possible that it could have been overlooked if it were a "21-24 hours since the end of the last boat ride it spawned on or since it died" type of thing. 3 hour window every day... and maybe a dozen people total using that path each day, let alone in that window, let alone on the same boat that it would spawn on... So many possibilities. ><

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i guess no one is reading that the past few nights i've spent 5+hours on every single nash>whitegate boat doing everything that people keep mentioning and thensome...

Banned.

BG Level

I might have missed it, but has anyone attempted to trade Nashmau Stew to the Treasure Hunt NPC?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast