FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wild Arms 5

How is it?

I saw it mentioned in another thread, and I've just 5 minutes ago made up my mind that the only game I'm buying right now is Soul Nomad from NIS, but is this worth renting?

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Wild Arms 5

I thought it was pretty cool, definitely worth a rental if you just want to see how it is. I've been a fan of the Wild Arms series since 2 so I'm sort of biased lol. Pretty good voice acting, not the greatest graphics but they're still pretty good, and an easy enough to get into battle system.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Soul Nomad was pretty damn disappointing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Soul Nomad was pretty damn disappointing.
    I have to agree with this. It's hillarious but... some of the pre-battle micromanagement is absurd. It's like Ogre battle without the fun to me.

As for Wild Arms V. A lot of places gave it shitty (sub 7.0) reviews. But, personally I love it. I find all the characters amusing... the story is predictable but I like it. The puzzles could have been a little harder but eh... who cares.

And... seriously if you want to LOL read Game Informers review. They fucking complain about physics in an action sequence... in a fantasy game LOL

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen
    And... seriously if you want to LOL read Game Informers review. They fucking complain about physics in an action sequence... in a fantasy game LOL
    Fantasy doesn't mean movement can break all logic either. It's annoying when certain aspect aren't constant from one scene to another. Havent played WA5 and have no clue what they are talking about tho

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

maybe where he's always jumping around like a retard or something idk thats the only thing that comes to mind. Overall i think its a good game. Haven't beat it just finished all the TF towers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Fantasy doesn't mean movement can break all logic either. It's annoying when certain aspect aren't constant from one scene to another. Havent played WA5 and have no clue what they are talking about tho
    Characters jump off a moving train and toss a grenade beneath them whose explosions push them up causing them to land on the ground softer. They were falling from I'd say 100 feet?

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dean hopping on the shovel like a pogo stick was hilarious to me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    My favorite part is Chuck's Rant against Ferydoon right after his fight against him in the TF tower. Shit they all were. The game is outright hilarious at most times, people need to learn to just sit down and take a game for what it is. The humor might be childish and rather stupid... but hell thats part of the fun.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Characters jump off a moving train and toss a grenade beneath them whose explosions push them up causing them to land on the ground softer. They were falling from I'd say 100 feet?
    Holy shit, they tested that on Mythbusters once. Needless to say, it's as laughable scientifically as it is logically.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    My favorite part is Chuck's Rant against Ferydoon right after his fight against him in the TF tower. Shit they all were. The game is outright hilarious at most times, people need to learn to just sit down and take a game for what it is. The humor might be childish and rather stupid... but hell thats part of the fun.
    Exactly *spoilers*
    When you beat Kartikeya at the TF Towers and he blows a hole in himself he just keeps on taaaaaaaalking. There are parts that are just goofy but still, that was one of my favorite scenes because I absolutely loved Kartikeya. Every RPG needs the maniacal villain and his laugh just grew on me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ending annoyed me... 100% expected it but it still annoyed me.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How good is the game music in this one? Usually Wild Arms is pretty good.