+ Reply to Thread

Final Fantasy XII International

First of all I did not even know this existed yet.

Has anyone here played it yet? It seems like what it adds is really cool. In FFXII the license board essentially allowed you to create any of your characters in any way you want and not focus on specific jobs for specific characters. With the International version it adds what is called the "Zodiac Job System" which more clearly defines jobs for each of your specific characters. When I read this it kind of reminded me of X's sphere grid as it started everyone in a specific job path which I really enjoyed. I think this would be a blast to play FFXII like and I would enjoy it much more, so again has anyone played this?

When the producer of this version was asked whether or not this would make it stateside here is his response:
    1UP: Since the changes are more refined than dramatic, it seems like this version would sell another million copies in North America if it were released as the Greatest Hits version here. What are you thoughts on this idea?

Ito: Right now, the prospects of a North American version are the playoff prospects of a 9-6 team, down 2 with 2:02 left to play, facing 4th and 7 on the opponent's 43-yard line.
    Personally, I read that as maybe a 50/50 chance, unless the producer knows absolutely nothing about American football.

Thoughts?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Final Fantasy XII International

Playing it in Japanese isn't worth the trouble if you're not at least somewhat fluent in reading it.

Played it for a bit, the different license board was cool, but looked a bit limiting, never heard much about the new game+ if it let you keep skills and go to a new job or what not, kinda curious about it if anyone knows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Same crap as the regular version, except that they limit each character to their job's specific gear/spells.... they don't do weird stuff, or wear different clothes, or anything cool like that... you could basically do the same thing with the regular game.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's neat, but the Japanese text sucks

Also, the #1 best feature is the fast forward button. I love it when walking around boring towns, or crossing big easy areas.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    It's neat, but the Japanese text sucks

Also, the #1 best feature is the fast forward button. I love it when walking around boring towns, or crossing big easy areas.

oh god yeah, the L1 feature is such a good sanity-saver. now whenever i take it off it looks like the characters go in super slow motion