Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Claim system really screwed up?

Three times in the past few hours, I've had mobs I was fighting inexplicably turn or stay yellow. I was fighting a raptor and it turned yellow as soon as Hojo finished, and twice I've had flies fail to turn red when I pulled them (One stayed yellow the whole time, one turned red for a split second then returned to yellow). No issues with other people having hate or aggro in any of these cases.

I know these kind of issues pop up once in a while, but these are the first three times it's come up for me, all in a very short period of time. Is this another maintenance in the making?

Re: Claim system really screwed up?

Yes its screwed. The hard and fast non-technical response is you didn't make the mob angry enough to attack you or create enough hate to overcome that hate threshold to warrant the claim. Every since the claim adjustment a while back its been a bit glitchy. I've held hate from unclaimed mobs while other partys wail away on them and have wanted hate on mobs I couldn't ever seem to get to pay attention to me. It's what it is...but I don't know about a maintenance for this its been this way for a while.

Highly doubt it has to do with a 'hate threshold' mobs just lose hate for no good reason, if you solo on BLM this can be even more obvious, nuke for 1500 damage, 2 seconds later mob loses aggro? Its completely broken and needs to be fixed.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

i've seen that too...funniest time was way, way back in the doonz when a leecher just got bored trying to kill me while my party zoned; they were all in selbina and i was still fighting it when it just turned yellow and walked away.

hate system has always been kinda wonky imho

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

Yeah, I've had the opposite thing too... when pulling on bard, with a crappy, laggy, wireless connection, I would lag out and get interrupted casting elegy, but then half the time the mob would go red on my screen anyway but still be standing there not moving. This happened like 5 times yesterday so I would run back to camp thinking my song went off and then be standing there wondering where my mob went.

Quote Originally Posted by Keria
    Yeah, I've had the opposite thing too... when pulling on bard, with a crappy, laggy, wireless connection, I would lag out and get interrupted casting elegy, but then half the time the mob would go red on my screen anyway but still be standing there not moving. This happened like 5 times yesterday so I would run back to camp thinking my song went off and then be standing there wondering where my mob went.
    I've had that happen while I was leveling WAR a few years ago. Voke would get paralyzed, for example, and it wouldn't go off, but the mob I went to use it on would still turn red. I didn't realize that still worked after the claim changes, though.