Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Mining/Harvesting/Logging timer question

So, I'm starting up mining again after a long break (finally got my moghancement: Desynthesis up and running with max efficiency for that moblin gear), and I was curious about the nerfed point timer thing that SE implemented a while back (the one where if you were in a certain zone mining for a certain period of time, that the stuff you would get would be less and less valuable, mainly to go against RMT just camping every point and botting them as they popped). Mainly, I was wondering if logging out of the game completely and coming back at a later time counted as zoning. I heard that zoning resets that timer.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if I just do 30 min to 1 hour mining sessions, /shutdown in the mine, and then come back later to continue mining if that mining timer would still be at the same level, or if it would reset like zoning is supposed to do. Any help/thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Mining/Harvesting/Logging timer question

I don't know. Where you are you digging up moblin items that you can't just zone after an hour or so?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I've mined quiet a bit while working on Ares's Cuirass and I don't think you should worry about it too much. I've done 4 hour sessions and at the end of one those 4 hour sessions I got 2 Khromas almost in a row. I've also left my character logged in while at work for 8 hours, then coming back and getting adaman and khromas.

Think its mostly luck, though Mount Zhaolym might be a different animal idk. I'd say just keep mining until you run out of axes, then your forced out of the zone anyways.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sess
    I'd say just keep mining until you run out of axes, then your forced out of the zone anyways.
    This is the correct answer.

meh, the occasional stupid aggro forcing you to zone does well also. Never noticed it, usually mine for 6 stacks of picks at a time, zoning once or twice for aggro.