Page 11 of 470 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa
    I'm far from having even started Ebisu quest so take my post with a huge grain of salt...but knowing S-E, they buffed the Ebisu a little bit too much during the WotG patch, so they adjusted it again (aka little nerf) in that last patch.
    Spooky, are you gonna try and get Ebisu ?
    After hearing what the previous person posted about the buff, it definetly peeked my interest. Obviously before when it was the same as Lu's it didn't really seem that important.
    I've hit 80 fishing now, going to skill up in Nashmu(sp?) 'till 99 then I need to work on rings before Ebisu. ; ;
    I really should take some time out from skilling up to do guild points, I think I've got about 20k so far, and never got any guild point items. lol
    I really hope they didn't nerf it. ; ; Maybe it had a bug where you never got feteiged lol, and they just changed that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    I'm far from having even started Ebisu quest so take my post with a huge grain of salt...but knowing S-E, they buffed the Ebisu a little bit too much during the WotG patch, so they adjusted it again (aka little nerf) in that last patch.
    Spooky, are you gonna try and get Ebisu ?
    After hearing what the previous person posted about the buff, it definetly peeked my interest. Obviously before when it was the same as Lu's it didn't really seem that important.
    I had the exact same feeling, after an Ebisu fisherman told me it was basically an unbreakable Lu Shang. But seeing how the rod has been made better by SE (and it was long due) now my interest is tickled...which worries me lol

I've hit 80 fishing now
    Man I can't believe how fast you've been skilling up ! I remember a few weeks ago I advised you about doing lower 50s on Shall Shells in Buburimu...and now you're at 80 while I'm still under 60...I'm more about making gil than getting skillups though, so it partly explains why I've been so slow =) But still, big grats to you !

going to skill up in Nashmu(sp?) 'till 99
    That's my plan as well, once I reach lower 80s. I will probably mix Nashmau, Qufim and the Selbina/Mhaura ship to fight boredom though, and to ensure I make the most gil out of my time

then I need to work on rings before Ebisu. ; ; I really should take some time out from skilling up to do guild points, I think I've got about 20k so far, and never got any guild point items. lol
    I'm at 21k GP, and getting that far was the worst GP experience in my life, far worse than cooking GP. SO I'm obviously not gonna go for Waders, Apron and Fishing Holes Map. Being French, I take the whole "Frog Fishing" thing as a joke directed to my country so I'm not gonna get it either (j/k, but seriously wtf is that item useful for anyway ?)...Serpent Rumors is the only GP item I may get...but judging how motivated I am on fishing GP, it will take a while =)

I really hope they didn't nerf it. ; ; Maybe it had a bug where you never got feteiged lol, and they just changed that?
    You know, this actually makes sense. How many times did SE screwed up with something then enhanced, and had to nerf it a bit a few days later ? Like once per patch...

Edit : We clearly need more Ebisu holders to read and post in this thread on a regular basis

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Still standing behind needing mooching to land gusarus at any decent rate... so tack that extra gp requirement on there too.

Also, why is nashmau any better than the cove for skill ups till 90 or so? only difference here is u catch a lvl99 fish instead of a lvl96 fish. I guess talacca is better if you have someone who can make sushi, unless those lvl 99fish are easy to reel in and vendor for alot of gil.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh yes, completely forgo about mooching :/ Even more GP argghhhhh ><

I have nothing against Talacca Cove, it's on my list as well...I like switching places all I can to avoid being bored...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Still standing behind needing mooching to land gusarus at any decent rate... so tack that extra gp requirement on there too.

Also, why is nashmau any better than the cove for skill ups till 90 or so? only difference here is u catch a lvl99 fish instead of a lvl96 fish. I guess talacca is better if you have someone who can make sushi, unless those lvl 99fish are easy to reel in and vendor for alot of gil.
    Mooching only has an effect if you use the RX bait.

Nashmau is just nice because you can isolate a fish which can skill you up to 99, and it's easier to get to. Pterygotus is relatively easy to reel in, and sells for 720 to vendor.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freysi

Mooching only has an effect if you use the RX bait.

Nashmau is just nice because you can isolate a fish which can skill you up to 99, and it's easier to get to. Pterygotus is relatively easy to reel in, and sells for 720 to vendor.
    Apparently you have not tried gurus.... I'm saying you can only reliably land them with mooching.... hence you must use rare/ex bait. at 80+4+support I have yet to land one on either the alzhabi boats, nor the pirate boats. If anything having serpent rumors is cock blocking catching sea zombies

btw I use both rings as well. As far as the people i've talked to the difference in stamina depletion between my current level and 100+4+support is very little.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Apparently you have not tried gurus.... I'm saying you can only reliably land them with mooching.... hence you must use rare/ex bait. at 80+4+support I have yet to land one on either the alzhabi boats, nor the pirate boats. If anything having serpent rumors is cock blocking catching sea zombies

btw I use both rings as well. As far as the people i've talked to the difference in stamina depletion between my current level and 100+4+support is very little.
    I have, and I can't land them. Haven't tried with both rings since Penguin still eludes me. However, many, many people have consistently landed Gugrusaurus without ever using the rare/ex bait. The great majority of the people listed in titanictus.com's ebisu hall of fame fished all their gugrus using meatballs.

On PC, your cpu speed and your graphics card affect the difficulty of fishing. The more powerful your rig is, the harder it is to fish. It is quite noticably easier to fish on consoles. Thank SE for their amazing programming.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Minions

As has already been mentioned it's about targeting. In cove, you would normaly be targeting 3 fish, but 2 of them cap at like 85, only leaving you one to skillup on.
    Where as in Nash, you're only targeting that one fish that takes you up to 99, so you catch/bite ratio is gonig to be better.
    Also, cove is kinda depressing lol. Although I still prefer it to the constant snow at Qufim. ; ;
    I wish SE would add some places that were actually nice a pretty to fish in, where you could catch good fish.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Dunno I spent 2 hours there the other day and got from 76-78.5. All depends on luck, and of course a skill ring

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

86 fisherman here. I sold my Lu Shang during the Christmas prices of 2005 and when fish botters really became prevalent in Grotto. I recently rebought a Lu Shang to get back into it, and to fish Trumpet Shells to make myself Nereid Rings.

I'm curious how you target just Pterygotus in Nashmau. I was fishing with a Sinking Minnow in Nashmau while waiting for Einherjar to start and getting Pterygotus as well as Breams and Grimmonites. I still use Clanwind for fishing info, which hasn't been updated in a long time so it doesn't have ToAU fish. =(

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://www.finalfishing.com has some of the ToAU fishes, not the most recent ones though :/

New Merits
    BG Level

fishing up trumpets right now, very easy to catch, kinda hard to target, gigant octo's and sweepers bite on crayfish balls as well so its kinda weak

hopefully these dont crash too fast, i guess it depends on the need for the nereid ring and how much ppl are willing to dump on what i think is a T0 synth

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Thanks for the link. So, peeled lobster can target pterygotus.

And you can target Trumpet Shells directly with a Rogue Rig. They're really similar to shall shells. I'm almost positive that Nereid Ring is tier 0. Gone 1/46 so far on it with 100+5 (no furnishing).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Maybe we could do our own database at bgwiki, I don't think that section has been done yet.
    We could gather all info from other sites and fill in blanks ourselfs. I did start some work for it while I was at work, but been really busy latley so it was put on hold.
    I'd really like to have a lot more ingo on bgwiki than there is on the old wiki, things like max and min weight/lenghts people have found (could be got from fishing competition results) and best rod/bait/location/level setups to target specific fish.
    It really anoys me when sites like all the differnt baits you can use to catch something but fail to mention some are 10 times better than others.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Any areas that has level 100 fish? Lol. Talacca Cove is depressing and i hate the boat after 3 years.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Armored Pisces is 100. Friend of mine dinged 100 in Moval.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Armored Pisces is 100. Friend of mine dinged 100 in Moval.
    i hate doing moval, last time it was a GP fish it took me like an hour to get i think 5 fish?

whats best bait for those suckers?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Maybe we could do our own database at bgwiki, I don't think that section has been done yet.
    We could gather all info from other sites and fill in blanks ourselfs. I did start some work for it while I was at work, but been really busy latley so it was put on hold.
    I'd really like to have a lot more ingo on bgwiki than there is on the old wiki, things like max and min weight/lenghts people have found (could be got from fishing competition results) and best rod/bait/location/level setups to target specific fish.
    It really anoys me when sites like all the differnt baits you can use to catch something but fail to mention some are 10 times better than others.
    It's a good idea...just got to figure out a way to organize all the data (by zone, by fish, by bait, by skill level, by rod, ...)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Easiest way to target Pterygotus is ride the Nashmau ferry from Whitegate, buy as many stacks of Lugworms as you can carry from the guild on the ferry (closed on lightningsday), and go nuts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It's a good idea...just got to figure out a way to organize all the data (by zone, by fish, by bait, by skill level, by rod, ...)
    Well let's take a look at old wiki: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fishing it's just got a massive table with all the fish. Things it doesn't tell you are max/min length/weights, what the lowest level you can be to reliably fish them in is, guild point value,
    ideal locations/bait/rod to fish with (could mark with a *), if they stack, picture icon of the fish, and how many !s you get with them.
    I think we could just do it in a table:
    icon :: name :: (min/max) level :: ! :: stack :: (each/cap) GP :: (min/max) weight :: (min/max) length :: localtions :: baits :: rods [B] for breaks :: notes

Here's the current BG wiki: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Fishing (I might try an add a template table while I'm LFP lol.)
    We could probably get all the icons via dat mining.