+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 470 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re: Fishing

You could try using a bait that is not appropriate for any fish in that zone.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    Well, I've found that when I've been fishing in an area for a very long time without zoning, I catch almost only Rusty gear. That happens to me almost every time I go to Talacca Cove, after a few hours of fishing 90% of the stuff I reel in is a Rusty item. That might be good if that's what you're trying to get, although it is a lot of time before you get to that point... It may also be possible to just afk for that amount of time, but I'm not really sure.
    What you describe is the fishing fatigue that was added in a patch to counter the 24/7 botters. I don't know much about it except that it seems to trigger after a certain amount of time or a certain amount of catches. I wish I knew more about it, but never find any solid info.

You indeed get a lot of items when you hit that fatigue point. But it takes hours to reach it, so it may not be the most efficient way to catch these items :/

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Soft fatigue = when you don't zone after fishing for awhile in a zone, might also count if you afk in a zone for hours then fish, I've never tested afk => fishing. Zone out and zone back in normally fixes it. I normally just zone out and go get a drink or get some food and come back. (Soft fatigue after a period of time will increase the number of items caught to like x10000000 and if you have fishing(item) moghance prolly 95% of your casts will be items or nothing) This is what the bots in onzozo etc use to catch coral and rusty items.

Hard fatigue = The wait messages you get between casts. I believe the cap is like 4-5 wait messages, then you will hook nothing at all (from what i've seen) Based on the number of FISH catches, (not mobs, not items) and probably on the size of the fish. ! would give less than !!! as far as people I've talked to.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thanks for clearing this up =)

In other news, I finally ranked in the contest (got #5) and won a skillup ring ! (Was entirely thanks to my friend who gave me a really small Ryugu Titan, since I have a really hard time catching any at 59.x).

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Our last ranking was Tricorn, me and a friend bought one for 100k/ea from someone. Total of 6 people turned in fish. Worth the 100k, because I don't like waiting 4 weeks for another chance at a ring

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't know if hard fatigue depends of size of the fish, but on legendaries like Lik and Gugru, after ~15 catch you'll be close to the cap, making it not worth it to keep using rings charges imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Freysi
    Now, if you ignore mooching, what does the time frame look like? You can basically camp the Al Zhabi ferry 24/7 with the chance of getting Gugrus. You need to get both rings, but the time it takes to do that is chump change in comparison to the time it takes to gather Drill Calamary. Assuming you can hook 5 per ferry ride, then to match mooching, all you need to do is to successfully reel in 1 out of 60 of those hooks. If you reel in more than that, then you're going faster.
    From my own experience the bite rate on a decent moon is closer to an average of 3 bite / trip.

Catching Gugru is probably the hardest thing pre-WoTG, but once you find a good method and improve your technique, you can catch them "easily" (beside the terrible line snap / rod break / lack of skill rate)

Personnaly, i noticed Gugru have 2 differents pattern to move, they can either move very fast from one side to middle, or stay a decent time on a side before going back in middle. So (that work for me, not sure that can work for everyone) i do some tapping first, so i'm ready to stop if the rod go back in middle, then i hold the key for a few second if it haven't moved yet, and when i feel it will go back in middle i redo some tapping untill it go back in middle.
    This way i minimize the error marging, which is the most important because else it will regen too much.
    Also it seem the stamina go down faster if you don't do a mistake and chain well the keys ... when i do a mistake it take some time before the stamina go down as fast as before the mistake.
    Last thing i would suggest for Ferry fishing with rings is to have 2 of each if you can, this way you can switch them every other run, hence no time wasted.

And yes, it's possible to catch Gugru on the Al Zhabi ferry with only Albatross ring and meatball :

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7...ru1ringmb3.png

I catch 144 Gugrus in 13 days, no luck yet ... good luck to everyone who want this rod, it's way easier than it used to be

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well, it was a nice idea to post there yesterday, since i got it just after :D

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3...deebisutk2.png

3 months to do fishing 0 => 80
    1 month to be 1/75 on Lik & 1/146 on Gugrusaurus
    4th on Seraph and 1st EU/FR \:D/

good luck to everyone ~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Calta

good luck to everyone ~
    Gratz on the rod.
    In a recent update SE changed to rod a 2nd time, but no one had yet commented on it's performance. If you go back a few pages you'll see a post from someone who tried it after the 1st update.
    And chance you could tell us if it's better or worse than 1st update. Thanks!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thx

From what i heard on Titanictus they removed hard (and soft ?) fatigue on it

http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1918

Someone from my LS who has Ebisu rod (name is Yoimaguy) said that he fished on Black Soles for several hours with no sign of fatigue. Maybe they eliminated the "fatigue system" for people who obtain Ebisu?

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

good luck to everyone ~
    So what was your skill fishing guru's on the alzhabi boat? I'm trying to figure out what why i'm having a problem fishing them at 82 skill atm.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I had the exact same problem when i started to fish Gugru at lvl 83, i even asked about the terrible low catching rate i had on titanictus ( http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1915 ) , but i got very few answer, mainly due to the fact most ppl wait to be lvl 95-100 to start Gugru i think.
    I would suggest starting with Lik, they're very easy, and keep Gugru for when you're lvl 90.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thx :P

From what i heard on Titanictus they removed hard (and soft ?) fatigue on it

http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1918

Someone from my LS who has Ebisu rod (name is Yoimaguy) said that he fished on Black Soles for several hours with no sign of fatigue. Maybe they eliminated the "fatigue system" for people who obtain Ebisu?
    Wow, from the sounds of that then they have buffed it a 2nd time. Originaly it was reported that there might be a reduction in (soft/hard)fatigue.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I just hit 62? I think fishing last nite. I had a question about the Pelican ring. How much of a increase of fishing skill does it give? Been fishing on the boat and skillups are soso i guess. the next ranking i believe is in a week or two. everyone says its worth it but im just wondering if theirs info in how much it in increases skill rate.

Also been reading thru the thread while at work, is a great spot to skill up on Talacca cove now? im level like 62 ish now was going to go to Nashmau, but seems like alot of people are liking Talacca more. Suggestions?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm gonna try Talacca cove right now, at 59.9. Trying to find out which bait to use, there. I think it was stated somewhere in this thread but I can't find it right now :/

edit: Got it here (Lu SHang + Shrimp Lure). Omw now !

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

I did sharks/marlins/ryugu, ended up making about 3.7m mkris+msword. So thats another place you could fish.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fucking Khimaira popped right when I did my first cast in Talacca Cove :/ Was a monster, too ; ;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    I did sharks/marlins/ryugu, ended up making about 3.7m mkris+msword. So thats another place you could fish.
    Do Talacca cove mobs break your rod? I dont have WW leveled =/ I'm trying to avoid things like that that can break my rods until im a little higher with fishing. if thats even possible ~_~

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Grats on the rod Calta!

I'm having very bad luck with mine... >.< So far I'm 0/141 on Gugrusaurus and 0/22 on Lik.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    Grats on the rod Calta!

I'm having very bad luck with mine... >.< So far I'm 0/141 on Gugrusaurus and 0/22 on Lik.
    compared to titanictus forums you are not even close to bad luck yet.... lol I think some guy was 1/500+ on gus? that = ouch

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

just a heads up, ahatapots (grims) AND Mercanbaligi (breams) both bite on peeled lobster too.... meaning you cant solely target Pterygotus.... so whoever said that = sorry try again ;x

Further testing shows 15minutes without one pterygotus bite. I wouldn't suggest nashmau as 90+ at least the boat you can target a 100 fish 50% of the time.

However, from 86-90 I might suggest fishing here with sinking minnow canceling all catches that are 1 !, reeling in only !!!.

Can anyone even confirm Pterygotus bite on peeled lobster?

So either its not !!! or its not biting