+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 470 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Fishing

Spooky speaks the truth, your experience will depend on the Shall Shells market a lot. Whe I was doing these, they were up to 9-11k per stack, and I made close to a million gil from 40 to 50. Nowadays the market is fucked up, it takes days to sell 7 stacks, and they barely sell for 4k, 5k when you're lucky.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

actually i've been watching the market very closely and they do sell for 10k a stack, and sell rather fast. Thanks though, i was just wondering about the bite rate. I'll come back and do them after 40.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Does anyone know if holding a Pirate's Chart increases the chances of getting a Brigand's Chart? I've gotten 7 Pirate Charts so far and only 1 Brigand Chart. This is kind of ridiculous considering Pirate's Chart is easy as hell to solo and Brigand seems to be all luck based.

Also, is it possible to double up charges? IE 2 albatross rings or 2 penguin rings on at the same time.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Does anyone know if holding a Pirate's Chart increases the chances of getting a Brigand's Chart? I've gotten 7 Pirate Charts so far and only 1 Brigand Chart. This is kind of ridiculous considering Pirate's Chart is easy as hell to solo and Brigand seems to be all luck based.

Also, is it possible to double up charges? IE 2 albatross rings or 2 penguin rings on at the same time.
    I don't really think it does, unless when you trade a fish and have on on you it tells you to come back after sorting your inventory and saves your fish. (which i'm 90% sure it doesn't) I just think you are dicking yourself out of pirate charts and chances at merc kris's.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

While skilling from 99-100 in kuftal I went 1/1 on manta today! 0/2 yesterday though. Getting ebisu bait too!

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5354/img0776dk1.png

btw shield bash kill = dorp

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic

No you can't have 2x albatross ring effect or 2x penguin ring effect.

About holding a chart to increase the drop rate of the other, i don't think that work, you'll just miss an opportunity to get the other. I tried to prove that here : http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php?t=1881 , but the sample size is way too low to conclude, so don't take that for

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Taking into the usual game mechanics for , it seems pretty logical that holding one chart has no effect on the other's "drop rate".

The only constraint when trying to obtain the charts (like any other EX item in the game) from Zaldon is "you can't obtain chart X if you already possess chart X, and you can't obtain chart Y if you already possess chart Y".

Edit: talking about charts, not rings...thanks Minions.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

replace everyone of his "rings" with "chart"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What's the biggest Emperor Fish people have caught? I got ones as high as 170; competition finishes in less than 2hrs, just wondering if I should keep going a bit longer? ._.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Funny, current contest goal on Lakshmi is "smallest Emperor Fish"...largest one I caught was 174 iirc, but I only caught 32. My smallest one is 78, still not sure how good it can compete.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I caught probably around 100 today, got 3 now that are at 170... dunno if I can be bothered to do more. Also, I got competition time wrong and I actually have about 3 more days lol. I'm hoping that because it's the holiday season not many people will of had a lot of time to fish so I will get in the top 20. I think my smallest was 60 or maybe a bit lower 58?
    I wasn't really looking for small ones though. I'll keep an eye out.

What I'd really like is for people to update fishing guids with max/min weigh/size! HINT HINT!!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

smallest : 67
    longer : 177

smallest to get a ring (approx) : 86-
    longer to get a ring (approx) : 164+

That's from other contest i seen, hope that help.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    I caught probably around 100 today, got 3 now that are at 170... dunno if I can be bothered to do more. Also, I got competition time wrong and I actually have about 3 more days lol. I'm hoping that because it's the holiday season not many people will of had a lot of time to fish so I will get in the top 20. I think my smallest was 60 or maybe a bit lower 58?
    I wasn't really looking for small ones though. I'll keep an eye out.

What I'd really like is for people to update fishing guids with max/min weigh/size! HINT HINT!!
    You're right, I completely forgot about the fishing page on BG-Wiki >< I couldn't fish much in the last few days, but I will get back to it soon enough, and I'll update the wiki when I get data.

Quote Originally Posted by Calta
    smallest : 67
    longer : 177

smallest to get a ring (approx) : 86-
    longer to get a ring (approx) : 164+

That's from other contest i seen, hope that help.
    Seems you also have some material for the wiki =)

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Finally hit 100..... (100.2 I might add!) needed .1 to hit 100 and got a .3, imagine that >.>. Now I get to focus on ebisu.

Currently
    0/54 Lik
    0/54 Gugru

(ironically)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That's amazing, congratulations ! And best luck on Ebisu, you are gonna need some

Could you sum up your skillup places/bait/fishes from 60 to 100 for us please ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well, I can tell you Nash is a pile of shite, I fished there for days and only got like .3 total.
    T.cove seems much better, but I'm nearing the cap there (at 91) and it takes so long to get there T_T
    I think 90+ you really need skillup ring to help you get through those last few levels which seem to drag.
    I'm thinking of going for the stammina ring and getting last few levels while working on Ebisu.

Also, does anyone know what I can single out Emperor fish in Lufaise? All I seem to be getting is Dark Bass with Trout Balls. Q_Q

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also, does anyone know what I can single out Emperor fish in Lufaise? All I seem to be getting is Dark Bass with Trout Balls. Q_Q
    Just fish them in Beaucedine Glacier with Trout Balls (sold at Fishing Guild for cheap), the lake is 5 seconds away from the OP guy

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa
    Just fish them in Beaucedine Glacier with Trout Balls (sold at Fishing Guild for cheap), the lake is 5 seconds away from the OP guy :)
    I know, and I was dong that. It's just that Ice weather fucks with my bite rate and I thought the fish might be larger somewhere warmer. >_>
    I still can't catch one above 170, and those I only caught yesterday. I really want to try and get one above 170 before competition closes soon. ._.
    Prehaps I might have better luck with Peeled Crayfish?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I only fished Emperors in Beaucedine so I can't compare bite rates...but it was pretty good for me, despite my ~62 skill, so you shouldn't have much trouble there ><

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Well, I can tell you Nash is a pile of shite, I fished there for days and only got like .3 total.
    T.cove seems much better, but I'm nearing the cap there (at 91) and it takes so long to get there T_T
    I think 90+ you really need skillup ring to help you get through those last few levels which seem to drag.
    I'm thinking of going for the stammina ring and getting last few levels while working on Ebisu.

I haven't fished in a bit, not to much sit down and focus on it. But ive been doing those mercanbiligi's(sp) the breams of aht urghan. i got pretty decent skillup their, honestly a level a day and im 66 now i believe. I never tried T cove, to lazy to go out their lol. Maybe because you were going for those Pergosaurus or whatever they are you had some bad skillup.