Page 18 of 470 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Tsama
    Beginner fisher... wondering does anyone notice substantial differences with pelican ring. I just got Pelican ring today... and I am wondering is it worth the effort I spent convincing a friend to fish me up the required fish for contest.
    At first I was doubtful, and then I got .3 .2 on a single fish on the boat.
    It's worth it.

Edit: was .3 .2 not .3 .3

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsama
    Beginner fisher... wondering does anyone notice substantial differences with pelican ring. I just got Pelican ring today... and I am wondering is it worth the effort I spent convincing a friend to fish me up the required fish for contest.
    At first I was doubtful, and then I got .3 .2 on a single fish on the boat.
    It's worth it.

Edit: was .3 .2 not .3 .3
    If anything I'd suggest using the ring now.... and working your ass off to get a second one. If u start using it about lvl 20-30 you will need at least 2 more rings to hit 90+.... because ferry rides give u less time/charge and u also need 2 rings if u wanna use them every ferry. Few things to keep in mind.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG
    Finally got my Pelican Ring, Rank #1 Gold Hook! lol. 37.5k gil not a bad little reward :D Now to skillup fishing =/
    What was the fish and the winning size/weight?
    It was the smallest size monke-onke. I cant remember the size on my actual fish but it got me 49 points. im at work at the moment so i cant actually check on it, if the npc even tells you the weight after you've traded.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It will be in the results list. :P
    Today's GP item is Zebra Eel. I'm having a total bitch of a time catching any. Apparently the only place is Den of Rancor, which aside from being a real pain in the ass to get to is a death trap. You have to pretty much sneak fish there the whole time, and eles pop so then you have to swith to oils... I was using shrimp lure, didn't even get one to bite. :(
    In the end I just bought 2 from AH, I'm hoping someone will put 4 more up before JP midnight tomorrow.
    Anyone else have trouble with this GP item?
    Is this really the only place to catch them? Anyone got any tips or tricks for this fish?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I get those often to for GP, I just skip the days can't be bothered honestly heh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah I was thinking to just skip too, then I saw two up at AH for 3k each and bought those.
    Don't think I'm going to bother with them again in future.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Are you sure you are fishing them at the correct place? About 2 years ago I fished them all the time just to sell on guild day and I don't think I ever saw an elemental. I would drop down by where people exp on lizards then work about 2-3 rooms over (maybe NW) to the pond with den scorpions by the lake and it was pretty cake. Fished on my 33 whm and never died. That was before the fishing mini game though so reeling in a catch was instant. Does an ele spawn there now or is there more than one place to catch them?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I was going through Paintbrush of Souls door, the bit you're talking about sounds like Lizard exp spot that you just get to through the jungle? I had a look in there first and couldn't find anywhere to fish, I didn't actually think you had to drop down anywhere though, maybe I'll go back and give it a shot. At 3k per fish, those are a lot more profitable than b.soles on my server atm. 12k/stack ftl :( Allways like 50 stacks up at AH too lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok tried where you said, looks like SE in their infinate wisdom has decided to beef up security:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...106_011921.jpg

Urg...

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Yay finally got it. The conquest wait is so gay!

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4...6102928ww2.png

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/3...6103015uf3.png

GL to everyone else who is working on their ebisu.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Effing hot, grats again Minions ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, thats the place spooky. Have to retreat into the hall to cast sneak, but the scorps (and the occaisional black mandy) are sneak only. The opo's aggro to sight I think but never got close enough to matter.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006
    Yeah, thats the place spooky. Have to retreat into the hall to cast sneak, but the scorps (and the occaisional black mandy) are sneak only. The opo's aggro to sight I think but never got close enough to matter.
    Such a pain in the ass to fish like that though. -_-
    I died once, but caught the 4 or 5 I needed for GPs and left. I had hoped to fish more to make some money from people working on guild points, looks like I'm out of luck there.
    Yesterday was Jungle Catfish, fished all of those up in about 10mins with no probs lol. Wish all GP items was like that.
    1/3 of the way to SR now!

Congrats Minions :D
    I'm about ready to give up on mine...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hi to all of you. I've recently start to take up fishing and I'm now at level 10.5 and I already have a first question. When I hit 10 and trade in the Moat Carp, I went and start fishing in Qufim Island, north part the the cliff of (G-6). that I'm getting a shit load of Yellow Globes, I'm done with my 6th stacks now and 1 stack of Cone Calamary and only got .5 so far quite a few you didn't catch though I knew these are normal.

What I'm wondering is this: Is it normal that the skill up rate is that low there ? Or is it maybe because I'm too low or something else ? For the record, I'm using all 4 Fisherman's pieces and using Lu Shang (borrowed from a friend) and Sabiki Rig.

Thanks in advance for your replies '-')/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fishing skillups can be awfully slow at times :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

As people have said in the past, fishing for skillups will drive you insaine. Fish for money and because you like it. Skillups are a bonus.
    Try to aim for fish about 10-20 levels above you or more for better skillup rates. I've noticed at 92 they've really slowed down simpy becasue all the fish I can skillup on arn't more than 8 levels above me. :(

Also, 1/2 way to SE. Screw you yesterday's GP item (Sea Zombie ; ;)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    As people have said in the past, fishing for skillups will drive you insaine. Fish for money and because you like it. Skillups are a bonus.
    Try to aim for fish about 10-20 levels above you or more for better skillup rates. I've noticed at 92 they've really slowed down simpy becasue all the fish I can skillup on arn't more than 8 levels above me.

Also, 1/2 way to SE. Screw you yesterday's GP item (Sea Zombie ;
    Yeah I like it so far so I guess I'll take it this way. Thanks ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Another question: Would fishing on Mhuara -> Selbina Ferry be a good option at 12 with Lu Shang's and the fisherman set ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That should work depending on the fish you target, but there are probably better options Any 25-30 fish will do.