Page 460 of 470 FirstFirst ... 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    You need to use enchantment rings.

Did Remora, and Quickblade w/e np without either. But ugh getting rings again

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by stamos View Post

Did Remora, and Quickblade w/e np without either. But ugh getting rings again
    You shoulda got a pirates and brigands chart in the process of unlocking ebisu quest, from the 'catch 25' and 'catch 50' species quests if I recall.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah. I tossed them both.

/regrets

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

WHY WOULD YOU TOSS THOSE!!!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The thing is most people posting here were posting to figure it out, werent posting cause they wanted to figure it out themselves. from the start a spoilered solution to the puzzle would have worked like you ended up doing. I think its the few refusals to do so that made people angry. Its like "look what i got and you cant have it" kinda thing to some people. Especially with and item that marks what place you were on the server to get the item. Its like having the info right there in front of u but being unable to grab it.

Having said that I do appreciate your's and everyone's work in this thread thus far. Now lets find dem glasses and gloves!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Is the serpent liver baits or mats ex so you cant trade to a crafter? do we have to craft them ourselves?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    The thing is most people posting here were posting to figure it out, werent posting cause they wanted to figure it out themselves. from the start a spoilered solution to the puzzle would have worked like you ended up doing. I think its the few refusals to do so that made people angry. Its like "look what i got and you cant have it" kinda thing to some people. Especially with and item that marks what place you were on the server to get the item. Its like having the info right there in front of u but being unable to grab it.

Having said that I do appreciate your's and everyone's work in this thread thus far. Now lets find dem glasses and gloves!
    I realised SE said they changed how 'the fisherman's heart' works, gonna try trading a gugra tuna, see if I get glasses.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

How was the bite rate on the Dragon Tabernacle in Cape Teriggan? I was out there for an hour with a Shrimp Lure trying for it, and not a single bite except for Cobalt Jellyfish.

Also, same goes for the Quickblade. I rode the ferry between Aht Urghan Whitegate and Nashmau several times, all with Shrimp Lure, and I only caught the Gugru Tuna knockoff and the other fish referred to as the Gigas's Shield. No bite from Quickblade.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had way better success with sliced bluetail, after trying a bunch of different baits.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I had way better success with sliced bluetail, after trying a bunch of different baits.
    Cool, I'll give that a try. Does Sliced Bluetail work for both Quickblade and Dragon Tabernacle?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What level are you? That might affect the bite rate. I had no issues getting bites with Shrimp Lure for both of those fish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    You didn't solve the riddle by your own admission, that would be figuring out what to do based on in-game hints. You found someone that completed the objective inadvertently, and ultimately copied what they did. You discovered the puzzle by being given the answer first.

And if you really cared about 'solving your own puzzles', why were looking for answers from players that completed the quest before you in the first place?
    These are exactly what I was meaning/referring to. The whole look what I got have fun solving the riddle without all the help I had. Trust me it will be great even though really you didn't have to solve it like we were doing. Would've been slightly different if you say gave us the same info the other guy gave you and said work out which are the real objectives and which aren't necessary. Came off somewhat tauntingly

Anyways... might be awhile before I start since I no longer have my lu but any info on that?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    What level are you? That might affect the bite rate. I had no issues getting bites with Shrimp Lure for both of those fish.
    I'm 97 +6 from fishing gear set + Fisherman's Torque. I had a feeling that MIGHT have been the reason for the shitty bite rate but I wasn't sure. I'm guessing achieving the final guild rank may have something to do with it.

I was planning on fishing up a bunch of Cave Cherax anyway for Matsya bait. Maybe I'll get up to 98 in the process.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I'm 97 +6 from fishing gear set + Fisherman's Torque. I had a feeling that MIGHT have been the reason for the shitty bite rate but I wasn't sure. I'm guessing achieving the final guild rank may have something to do with it.

I was planning on fishing up a bunch of Cave Cherax anyway for Matsya bait. Maybe I'll get up to 98 in the process.
    It shouldn't have too huge of an effect. Going back to my decent sized Hak parses bite rate was just barely higher with 110 +9 skill than 100 +9 with sinkers (like 14% compared to 12%) and a little higher with lower skill on regular minnows.
    Though this quest might have some hidden rank requirement unrelated to skill

Side note has anyone noticed lower line snaps? I haven't fished much since soa but I haven't gotten a single line snap yet going thru this so far doing a good 8 of the ryu line 3 quicksilvers several liks a few other legendaries that definitely used to break lines when iirc my old parses should a good 30% break rate on haks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    It shouldn't have too huge of an effect. Going back to my decent sized Hak parses bite rate was just barely higher with 110 +9 skill than 100 +9 with sinkers (like 14% compared to 12%) and a little higher with lower skill on regular minnows.
    Though this quest might have some hidden rank requirement unrelated to skill

Side note has anyone noticed lower line snaps? I haven't fished much since soa but I haven't gotten a single line snap yet going thru this so far doing a good 8 of the ryu line 3 quicksilvers several liks a few other legendaries that definitely used to break lines when iirc my old parses should a good 30% break rate on haks
    I've had a few line snaps on Gugrusaurus, but the rate seems much lower than it used to be.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I reactivated just so I can do this.
    What is the deal with afterglow? Or is ebisu +1 the same thing ? /confused

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Anyways... might be awhile before I start since I no longer have my lu but any info on that?
    Fatigue will be your biggest killer for Lu Shangs. Catch 75 fish in 16 different regions, 100,000 catch size/weight, and different tiers of Reel Endurance (on 5th at the moment).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It took a while for the cape terrigan fish to take a bite. Then it did and i messed up the pull like 2-3 times. Rod was goin everywhere. arrows changing so fast it looked like arrows were goin both ways at points. Then i may have used my penguin ring or which ever one tires them better. and i got it first try. Im 110 skill with a few GP furnishins megamoglification.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
    I reactivated just so I can do this.
    What is the deal with afterglow? Or is ebisu +1 the same thing ? /confused
    Afterglow are RME weapons, can do magian trials to make em glow.

Ebisu and lu shangs got HQ versiosn added this update, each have their own quests to forge them from the NQs.

People are referring to the effect as an afterglow due to its similiar style and nature to the afterglow on RMEs (ridiculously hard quest line to upgrade a weapon and get basically nothing in return except for SHINY WEAPON)

And as we all should know.

Fashion hunter is best hunter.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I caught a couple Lord of Ulbulka without penguin/albatross but it was a pain. Even after getting Ebisu +1 it's still fast.

110 - Mega Mog- Duck Ring- rope/torque- advanced support

I think I was the one who mentioned Matsya at the start of all this. It was the largest fish I had on me so I turned it in to beat that Mithra. I don't think it's required to start the main quest unless I accidently picked the right fish. It just asked for a legendary.

edit Exalted Fisherman is the title you get.