BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 470 FirstFirst ... 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dashing Subligar is a Smithing synth. I started passing around a stinky subligar with some light crystals and my Smithing mule could do it.

Light Crystal x1 + Stinky Subligar

I need to go check that mule and see where it's at on the synthing list. The mule is Smithing 110 and only has Leather at 62. Dashing is R/Ex

edit: not on any list

Sorry if this has been posted. I haven't seen it. Using a light crystal with the subligar gives off a different message than using other crystals. I figured that was it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Switchorz View Post
    Dashing Subligar is a Smithing synth. I started passing around a stinky subligar with some light crystals and my Smithing mule could do it.

Light Crystal x1 + Stinky Subligar

I need to go check that mule and see where it's at on the synthing list. The mule is Smithing 110 and only has Leather at 62. Dashing is R/Ex

edit: not on any list

Sorry if this has been posted. I haven't seen it. Using a light crystal with the subligar gives off a different message than using other crystals. I figured that was it.
    So you have to have Smithing leveled in order to use it? Lame.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't know how high but having a Smithing sub at 70, it was beyond my reach.

edit: I assume you can lose it during the synth also. At 110 vanilla fishing Ebisu +1, duck ring and full fishing gear, Far East Puffer can be tough. I forgot to get fishing support. Find a black bubble w/o aggro during a limited time and catch it.

Then go to the Devil himself and hope he gives you a Stinky Subligar.

80+ Smithing since 70 wouldn't cut it and hope it doesn't break for a leg armor that you can't sell.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At 110 vanilla fishing Ebisu +1, duck ring and full fishing gear, Far East Puffer can be tough.
    What do you mean vanilla ebisu+1? I have 110 and ebisu+1 and far east puffer is a complete joke, dont need to use gear or anything.

Maybe its a synergy synth?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Fishing without any program help is why I said vanilla. I wonder why I have such a tough time. The rod swings back so much that sometimes I run out of time.

Smithy mule didn't use synergy. I would think it would be on the list unless I missed it somewhere.

Seems like a lot for a leg piece.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It has a glowing crotch and might give you Blink every time you Waltz. These are both very relevant to my interests.

Also, I think that you can conclude the level is >95 smithing based on what you've found, which means I can't obtain it reasonably.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fishing without any program help is why I said vanilla. I wonder why I have such a tough time.
    I dont use any program help and it was a joke with 110 and ebi+1 so I dont know. Easier than Lord of whatever for sure.

Sucks it needs smithing and is rare/ex. Oversight by SE?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sadly, it does not glow and it gives a 30s blink that lasted one shadow.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

wtf! ripoff!

Phoenix.Bloodred on XIAH also confirmed that he made it with 110 smithing (got HQ animation, same result).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

No way to make it with synergy instead?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    wtf! ripoff!

Phoenix.Bloodred on XIAH also confirmed that he made it with 110 smithing (got HQ animation, same result).
    Maybe someone can complain to SE? Maybe it was supposed to be synergy? Really strange to have such a high level synth make a rare/ex piece.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No glowing crotch? No deal

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Maybe someone can complain to SE? Maybe it was supposed to be synergy? Really strange to have such a high level synth make a rare/ex piece.
    I tried to put the subligar in a synergy furnace but it said nothing with those ingredients. I don't have Smithing leveled though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

1/3 from Zaldon. Piss yellow subligar too =/

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can u send the subligar within the same account to mules? (u know for people who might have a smithin mule) Well the pic i saw didnt glow. it had a shiny right on the pee hole.

Also Not Kuno, isnt that what all the crafters got pissed about when they added shapers shawl? you had to have really high fishing to pull a matsya and get it gutted from zaldon. and the item doesnt effect fishing, just other crafts. But least they could buy matsya off ah if they didnt want to level fishing. So although dumb, I wouldnt put it past SE to make u level something unrelated to get it. Or that cookin katana required you to level nin for +3 cooking or w/e.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes, you can dbox them on the same account....this is what they look like.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post567117

Grekumah:
    The development team is planning to make the following adjustments to the item "Dashing Subligar" in the December version update.

Remove the Rare and EX tags.
    Add the ability to trade and place this item in bazaars.
    Restrict the ability to list this item on the auction house.

Originally this item was supposed to be a Superior item, but we will not be adding this property to this item after the fact since this would create a situation where some players who could previously equip the subligar would no longer be able to.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Haven't fished for years since my main chr 110 ebisu etc. Lvling it on a mule so i can get shapers shawl and did they change fishing over the years? 4 hrs into fishing and only 0.4 skill

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by trinironnie View Post
    Haven't fished for years since my main chr 110 ebisu etc. Lvling it on a mule so i can get shapers shawl and did they change fishing over the years? 4 hrs into fishing and only 0.4 skill
    Use fisherman's feast (can buy with login points) and the skill gain ring from the fishing contest in selbina, you'll get skillups like crazy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by trinironnie View Post
    Not that I've noticed. Hard to really say how slow that is without knowing level and how many catches it is. Generally speaking without anything special to help skillups (there might be RoV stuff for that now not sure and there is of course the food and ring) you should be getting 1.5-2 skill per day of fishing to fatigue until you hit like 90 or so faster at the really early levels. How long that takes will mostly depend on your target