Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 470 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cele

Hi!

Recently I got my Brigand's chart and went to try penguin next weekend. I've read about to avoid baits that currently can fish something in Bubu, but didn't read about a good rod/bait combination. Is there any good rod/bait to this mini-quest? or doesn't matter? I mean to avoid to fish any fish at all.

I haven't Lu-shang yet (5300~/10000) but a friend can lend me one if need, and I'm 41.3 fishing.

PD: sorry for my lolenglish and thanks in advance!

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just started fishing myself, level 4 now, starting the LONG road to 100. Just looking something to do when im bored

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

meh its not that long, depends on whether you fish to fatigue everyday or not

Cele

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    Hi Cele

My experiences (only 3 or 4, i'm currently 0/200+ on Marlin trades atm) were using a Lu Shang and Meatballs; Martinius swore by them (and he's both 100 fishing and owns an Ebisu) and is my best friend IRL for like 9-10 years, so I trust his judgment. I used a Halcyon Rod and Meatballs and did just fine at your level, but if you can borrow a Lu, go for it! good luck!
    Hey thanks! :D

So meatballs doesn't catch anything in Bubu? that's what I was looking for ^^ About the Lu-shang a friend can lend me one so np. My question is if I can just go with a yew or cheap rod which are a little faster than Lu, without break it in the process.

Btw Fishing 42 and ~6100/10000! go go go!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Valyana View Post
    Ding 100, and hurray for Armored Pisces. After I hit 96 I had a loooong dry spell with no skillups on Pisces or Pterygotus, but in the final stretch from 99 to 100 I got three 0.2s on Pisces, two of them in the same hour. With Pelican Ring, of course.

I also tried Cave Cherax a bit, but they only bite about half as often as Pisces, and break the line on my Lu pretty often. Although being able to pull up Devil Mantas at the same time is a nice perk (0/3 :/).
    Line breaks are probably one of the better things Cheraxs can offer. You can both skill up off of a line break and they do not count towards fatigue. On a boring day I had over 150 line breaks and landed over 100 Cave Cheraxs and no issues with delay between casts.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

i should just go get my rings and get my last 2 lvls of fishing >.> been in nash all this time paying for the last few items on my whm and blm. only need like 1 week more of fishing before i can hit the E rod quest full on again. maybe i can hit 99 too by then.

also for the last skill should i just go for Armored Pisces? do they npc or hit up the ship/ E rod fish you think?

Cele

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    also for the last skill should i just go for Armored Pisces? do they npc or hit up the ship/ E rod fish you think?
    Well I'm so far to start thinking in 100 or Ebisu quest, but my idea is skill up the last level/s with Cave Cheraxs and turn it in Lik's bait.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    i should just go get my rings and get my last 2 lvls of fishing >.> been in nash all this time paying for the last few items on my whm and blm. only need like 1 week more of fishing before i can hit the E rod quest full on again. maybe i can hit 99 too by then.

I would just focus on Lik and Gugs, the skillups will come eventually.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

just got my peng ring FUCK YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS, took me 3 tries to get the fucker, got it in my 3rd box (tbh i thought it was 4th or 5th box only) and i was like FUCK YES, 81000/95000 on serpanat rumors too

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Gratz Ryukin!

I just got Lv82 Fishing and 3k GP away from Serpent Rumors :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Juib View Post
    tbh what really helps is fishing to cap and this is mainly because skillups seem to be so incredibly streaky. I've had many days where in the first 100 fish or so I'll only get .1 skillups, but then in that last 100 I'll get a barrage of skillups. Seems like if you dont fish to cap, you wont get a broad enough range for things to even out.
    i would like to reiterate this post i made a few pages back.

i was getting annoyed tonight because i got a .1 skillup early on then didnt get another till i had reached about 150 fish or so (it was another .1). i was thinking wtf, am i really gonna only get .2 for the day? then all of the sudden in the past half hour i get a random barrage of skillups (.2, .2, .1) and ding 92 ^^

moral of the story is always try to fish to fatigue. sometimes skillups will suck at the start but pickup towards the end

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Juib View Post
    moral of the story is always try to fish to fatigue. sometimes skillups will suck at the start but pickup towards the end
    i dislike quoteing people, i don't even do it to reply to someone i'm argueing with, but you sir, earned it, because this is how i skilled up to 100 in just a month and half-2 months (guessing, dont know exact time cuz idk if i should count getting moat carp for my lu shangs). esp at lvl 92 on my mule, he wont get any skill ups till like 150 fish in, then BAM gets like .10 skill ups and is a new level and your all like "fuck yeah" in your head with that weird voice that doesnt sound like you

Cele

Grats Ryukin :D

Which rod and bait did you use for the quest? I'm going to try it next saturday/sunday, and still not sure if there is any recomended combination of rod/bait for it (is fast stamina depletion with determined rod or something like that).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffy View Post
    can you trade gold carps or tricolor carps for lu shang?
    Nope, only Moat Carp and Forest Carp.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i used lu shangs and shrimp lure/fly lure, w/e is in my invantory at the time. you can use pretty much anything, and nothin helps faster bites that i'm aware of, wish i knew cuz this quest is hhhhhhaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddd-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d--d-d-d-d-d

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mend View Post
    Nope, only Moat Carp and Forest Carp.
    Wut ?! Are you sure about Forrest Carps ?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

All right! I just got Serpent Rumors~ Still 82 fishing though :/ Have to try getting higher....and getting Albatross/Penguin Ring ><

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa View Post
    Wut ?! Are you sure about Forrest Carps ?
    Absolutely positive about them. I've turned in a few, but it's not really worth it. You can get five more gil for them, but Moat Carp are so much easier to fish.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Still stuck at 97..just got to qsc to fish for some more Cherax..ring full time and I'm getting a .1 on a good night so close though!

:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

so I officially started fishing for Ebisu again.. I figure this time around i'm going to aim for 0/1000 before giving up on Lik. The nice thing will be to actually not get close to that but here's to praying. lol <3