BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 470 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yay albatross ring! now i have both rings and 85k/95k, and lvl 100 fishing /is dying of anticipation to fish for ebisu

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mend View Post
    Absolutely positive about them. I've turned in a few, but it's not really worth it. You can get five more gil for them, but Moat Carp are so much easier to fish.
    Man I feel dumb...I've been fishing since 2004 and always was 100% sure it was moat carps only...Well, thanks for the info

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

actually whats cool for new fishers (what i did) is i was fishing for my lu shangs rod up till 20 on both my characters. i got to lvl 10 in west ron, then went to yuh jungle till 20 doing forest and moat carp turning both things of fish of both characters into one guy till i eventually got lvl 20 and my lu shangs

Cele

Failed at Penguin 2 mobs 2 chest, no ring of course... Next time I'll let the first pugil alive.

Btw 9114/10000 :D I should be able to finish it tomorrow with some help!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa View Post
    Man I feel dumb...I've been fishing since 2004 and always was 100% sure it was moat carps only...Well, thanks for the info
    It was changed in an update a few years ago, I don't remember exactly when.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lol i was just looking at my mog house and thinking to myself about how little space i have open. I am at 50/70 so it sucks fishing none stack fish....

then i look in the moghouse and the invo and i have 10 lures >.> then i started thinking
    (and it has been said i bet lol)

SE add a darn tackle box!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am pissed off @ this month's fishing contest. Takitaro!!!
    A level 100 cap fish.... {/sigh}
    So...only high level fishers will be able to catch frequently enough to have a chance at the contest.
    Mid-level fishers got no chance and those are the ones that most will use the ring.
    What where SE thinking when they made Takitaro eligible for the contest?

Bah

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Most the contest fish are level 100 and a bitch to catch

not checked mine yet, should go do that. really hope its an easyish one. we had donko last month but i was offline for the whole thing -,- need a ring so badly i am STILL 80, 0.1 in a day is patheeeetic

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

funny thing if i do the fish i might cap at 100 >.> then what do i do with the ring lol. man that be funny.

i guess with any luck ill win 20k gil!

Cele

Giant Chirai here... 100 cap as well, max weight = winner. Wonder if my friend currently 80~ can fish up those.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello all. Just recently got back into fishing after a long break. I am currently at 51.1 with no lu shangs (working on that as well). I know i can fish up gold carp to 56 but haven't had much luck with skillups from them.

Is there a better option for me at this going for pure skillups? My main focus is on catching moats at the moment but I like to break it up some and focus on skillups.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

shall shells in bubu are, errrr, 53cap? you could also try trumpet shells, i did those up to 60ish

Cele

I use Istiridye (western shall shell) in Nashmau with Lu-shang/Robber rig. I think with Halcyon there is no line snap as well (just cancel the very very very rarely baits Mercan/Ahtapot). My exp in Bubu with shall shell is bad since there are a lot of items and mobs there, but in Nashmau you can almost single target em, sometimes "didn't catch" and very rarely other fish and/or item.

Istiridye didn't sell @AH well than Shall shell, I just NPC em for ~300 gil.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

personally did nashmau from 53-90 on merc/ahtapots, could work from 50+. or you can do what everyone else says /rolls eyes tal cove

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Alexander's is Giant Catfish, biggest size....so many entries that are gonna be entered. I hope I can win another ring :/

Nekio

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukin
    personally did nashmau from 53-90 on merc/ahtapots, could work from 50+. or you can do what everyone else says /rolls eyes tal cove
    Will comp rod work or do you need a shang's to prevent line snaps?

Comp rod will work, but you can can get line snaps on Ahtapot and fish too small messages on Mercanbaligi. To avoid the line snaps you can use peeled lobster though and then you wont get Istakoz bites. If you're unsure about line snaps/rod breaks/fish too small messages Kida's Fishing Database is a great resource that is updated to include ToAU fish unlike clanwind. Every now and then there's advice on which zone/combination is best.

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have few a questions over Ebisu quest, kind of.
    First, how many Lik or Gugrusaurus could I fish up before I will be to worn out to get anymore per day, skill at 98 now. I want to start fishing them up and storing them on a mule for when I get the actual quest.

Second, after I get to worn out from fishing them up, can I go fish up something else until i hit my 200/day? (doubtful but just wanted to make sure)

Thanks in advance.

PS: I suck at search.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You don't suck at search, you just didn't do any search.

You can trade the fish without having active the quest and you can receive the EX items.No need to store on mules.

You can fish 200 fish per day.

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The storing on mules in in case I don't follow through with getting the Ebisu quest, so I can just NPC them all.

As for the 200/day, a buddy that got his Ebisu not long ago told me after 30-40 of them he had a lot of problems getting them to bite, and then pulling them in, so thanks for clarifying.