A

BIIIITCH!!

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...324_223945.png

So fucking close...

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dude, fuck you, I came in 30th. A whole shitload of 9th place fuckers pushed me, right after the 8 1st place bastards.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cele View Post
    OMG I just got my Pelican! Can't believe it lol I'm gonna burn it!!

Btw fishing 70.X now (without ring), 1 month ago I was 41 lol... too much fishing ><

Edit: Rank 11 with 782Pz Giant Chirai fished by a friend, first was 837Pz.
    Check your pms!

Cele

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Check your pms!
    Done!

Used the ring for first time this night, 10 charges, and at least 0.2 skill up/charge, just awesome. Didn't get any double skill up as well. 73.3 right now, this is going more faster that I can imagine!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wait till you get into the 90s...I've gone through 100 charges and have only gotten 5 levels ; ;

:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Apparently! lol
    Fishing is all about variety. People have different luck with different things. Personally, I would average .6 to .8 a day from 92-98 on Perts, whereas on black sole I would go .2 a WEEK from 89-91.

That being said, I tried a whole bunch of stuff from 91 to 92, Quicksand Caves, Takitaro, Armored Pises, Lik (lol), Pretty sure I also tried Emperor Roe as well.. It was enjoyable, but obviously not too profitable.

Everyone has their own key way of getting up to the end. I found that I absolutely abhored the Auction House (which I always will, stupid system), so Black Sole and Dil were always 100% out. Problem with all other fish was, they don't stack. Had to make a decision as to what to do, so decided that a level 99 fish that sits right next to a NPC makes it possible to solve both problems. Over 100k+ a day was fine with me, though not the most bang for buck. Finally, I would occasionally take breaks to try something new, so I don't go insane.

After hitting 98, I learned I could narrow down my target to hit just perts (or at least to avoid the cruddy fish), and thats what brought on smooth sailing. Best of all, it's live bait so .. better bite rate (or so they say...).

Do what you feel will take you up the best. Cuz I guarantee you, going from 99 - 100 on Lik was 10x faster than anything else, but 100x more frustrating. Hehe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
    Fishing is all about variety. People have different luck with different things. Personally, I would average .6 to .8 a day from 92-98 on Perts, whereas on black sole I would go .2 a WEEK from 89-91.

That being said, I tried a whole bunch of stuff from 91 to 92, Quicksand Caves, Takitaro, Armored Pises, Lik (lol), Pretty sure I also tried Emperor Roe as well.. It was enjoyable, but obviously not too profitable.

Everyone has their own key way of getting up to the end. I found that I absolutely abhored the Auction House (which I always will, stupid system), so Black Sole and Dil were always 100% out. Problem with all other fish was, they don't stack. Had to make a decision as to what to do, so decided that a level 99 fish that sits right next to a NPC makes it possible to solve both problems. Over 100k+ a day was fine with me, though not the most bang for buck. Finally, I would occasionally take breaks to try something new, so I don't go insane.

After hitting 98, I learned I could narrow down my target to hit just perts (or at least to avoid the cruddy fish), and thats what brought on smooth sailing. Best of all, it's live bait so .. better bite rate (or so they say...).

Do what you feel will take you up the best. Cuz I guarantee you, going from 99 - 100 on Lik was 10x faster than anything else, but 100x more frustrating. Hehe.
    LOL, trust me I've tried everything. Ahtapot/Dil, black sole, Armored Pisces, Titanictus/Ryugu Titan, Liks, hell I've even landed a few Gugrusaurus. The last skill up I got was a .2 up off an Armored Pisces about a month ago. I have no trouble landing the fish at all, it's the skill ups that are lacking, and I'm usually a very patient person too. So for me to lose my patience with regard to getting fishing skill ups, then there's something very wrong. LOL

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Are you fishing to fatigue each time you fish?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Juib View Post
    Yes I am. Usually takes me about 3 1/2 to 4 hours of fishing to reach fatigue, sometimes longer if the bite rate is crappy.

Cele

Quote Originally Posted by Juib View Post
    Yes, but I can't all days, usually about 150~ fish/day, 200 weekends.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Yes I am. Usually takes me about 3 1/2 to 4 hours of fishing to reach fatigue, sometimes longer if the bite rate is crappy.
    if you are getting bad skillups and you are still fishing all 200 then you must have some major bad luck. i've had my bad days of skillups, but generally those are days where i dont have time to fish to cap. i've found that whenever i fish to fatigue i can generally get about a full lvl in (pre-90 it used to be 2 lvls). so i'm sorry to say again, but sucks to be you =/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I didn't think this idea needed it's own thread so I'm just posting this here.

I just sent over the following via the suggestion box. If more people send over something similar I think the dev team will actually act on these suggestions.

As the game matures, more and more players are taking up fishing as a secondary craft with the goal of reaching level 100 and collecting the various items the fishing guild offers that can be purchased with guild points.

It would be nice if the fishing guild allowed players to buy high quality signing crystals in exchange for guild points so that players can still easily create signed items for their friends and loved ones using their other crafts while still collecting guild points with the fishing guild.

Additionally, it would also be nice if players were able to change the guild with which they have a contract without having all of their accumulated guild points lost.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

hell yeah, started the day at 91.9 fishing, already 92.5 and its only been an hour.

Fucking love Liks.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Guild Fish of the day: Blindfish
    As per wiki setup that works:

Oldton Movalpolos (Only one pond there)
    Lu Shang's
    Rogue Rig

I CAN TELL YOU THAT IT DOESNT WORK. 1h+ fishing, zero baits.
    All I get are Armored Pisces or monsters on !!! and junk or more monsters on !

Bah

Cele

Hey Albender.

Try with Insect Ball, its single-target em.

I use Great Blue - FFXI Fishing Database, which listed Blindfish as "rarely" with Rogue Rig.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

:S
    Next time I'll check Kida's.
    Damn Wiki...
    Shame it's too late now for those 3.7k GP.
    {/cry}
    Thanks for the tips

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Best night of fishing i've ever had, generally i'm lucky to get .2-.4 skillup in 4-6 hours of fishing:

48.3-51 in 4 hours of on and off fishing (dinner, putting kids to bed during that time, etc) and 7.5 stack of Istiridye later. I didn't want to stop, but I was falling asleep.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    hell yeah, started the day at 91.9 fishing, already 92.5 and its only been an hour.

Fucking love Liks.
    do you have a E rod? and sell the fish >.> i just hate going for liks.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thats why im fishing them up. Only need silk. 5 rod breaks so far, about...25ish? liks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wooh finally obtained Serpent Rumors. Now I just need 10 more lvls in WW and Penguin Ring and I can start catching the fish ^^