BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 470 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

over the past 11 or so days, I've gone from 96.0 to 99.5 I'm certain, I'll reach 100 by the weekend. Take that you Pelican Ring wearing motherfuckers! Fish ranking can kiss my ass! I heart you Cave Cherax!

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All I'm hearing is "blah blah blah, whats an ebisu? lulz"

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    All I'm hearing is "blah blah blah, whats an ebisu? lulz"
    working on it :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

So I'm nearing Lv88 (at 86.7 right now) and 100k GP so I wonder, should I buy the first furniture or get Mooching? I don't have the rings and that second looks like a apin in the ass to get, so I'm torn. What you guys suggest?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'll get a pic up soon, but just dinged 100 fishing ^^ FINALLYYYYYYY

100: check
    Ebisu: check

Fievel defeats fishing!

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3_150852-1.png

Take that fishing skillups! I can finally stop breathing fish. I made some sweet dough along the way though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Big congratulations Demosthenes

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wtf kind of name is Flowen?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    Wtf kind of name is Flowen?
    The kind of name I like having on my character.

Cele

Grats on 100!

Just hit 85.6~ and decide to jump to Pterygotus and... the bite rate is just horrible lol... Don't know if the moon (50%~) was affecting it. Don't know if try again today (with other moon) or just go for Cave Cherax, Armored Pisces, or Dil.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cele View Post
    Just hit 85.6~ and decide to jump to Pterygotus and... the bite rate is just horrible lol... Don't know if the moon (50%~) was affecting it. Don't know if try again today (with other moon) or just go for Cave Cherax, Armored Pisces, or Dil.
    Why would you just continue to isolate Ahtapot to 90 (or at least closer to it)? You could just release all Mercanbaligi, or reel them in if you want the gil. Should give you a pretted decent bite rate, though I'm not sure how it would be compared to the others you mentioned; but the convenience would seem to be a nice bonus.

The moon was probably a decent factor...but it still won't get that much better on a full/new moon.

Cele

Quote Originally Posted by Clyne View Post
    Why would you just continue to isolate Ahtapot to 90 (or at least closer to it)? You could just release all Mercanbaligi, or reel them in if you want the gil. Should give you a pretted decent bite rate, though I'm not sure how it would be compared to the others you mentioned; but the convenience would seem to be a nice bonus.

The moon was probably a decent factor...but it still won't get that much better on a full/new moon.
    I tryed already but the bite rate of single Ahtapot is almost the same or worst than single-targeting Pterygotus. Its very frustrated lol this evening after fatigue reset tryed again with near new moon phase and again lolbite rate. Sometimes 3 back to back then 10+ didn't catch, other 1 bait then again a lot of didn't catch. Tryed meatballs in Ferry as well, not much better and a lot of Silver Sharks (76), and when bite Ryugus I can't with em.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3_150852-1.png

Take that fishing skillups! I can finally stop breathing fish. I made some sweet dough along the way though.
    I've been slowly leveling fishing trying to utilize a profit path instead of a pure skill up path. I have 99 cooking so the ferry has been nice. Do you mind posting a rough estimate of your profit path to 100 Demos?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I've been slowly leveling fishing trying to utilize a profit path instead of a pure skill up path. I have 99 cooking so the ferry has been nice. Do you mind posting a rough estimate of your profit path to 100 Demos?
    I Resumed fishing sometime in January. I do not ever want to be in nashmau again! I think I was 27 or 30something when I resumed. I caught as many fish as I could stand to catch every single day, All 200 sometimes. The hardest periods for me were the transition periods when I had to learn new fish, (ie canceling the ones I knew were not the ones I wanted) I have had no other income and I've been buying random shit. I currently have 5mil in profits. I do not doubt I'd be around 7-8 mil now if I had not bought random shit. That said. I npced everything.

Istiridye>Mercanbaligi+Ahtapot>Mercanbaligi+Dil (canceling all !!! fish Ahtapots)>Cave Cherax.

Like I said I tried Pterygotus because I did not want to deal with a broken rod but good lord, the skillups were too abysmal for me. I took Cave Cherax in QSC and ate rod breaks anyway. Suckers snapped my line a shitload and broke my rod about twice a day. I could never reach 200 on them either. I think most I pulled off was 100, on average I caught about 75 Cherax, they npc for 1600 gil though, making them pretty decent skillup fish.

That said, this in my opinion is the fastest skill/profit path.

PSO?

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkslitter View Post
    PSO?
    Only partly. See Geoffrey Chaucer. Well more like read Chaucer.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Istiridye>Mercanbaligi+Ahtapot>Mercanbaligi+Dil (canceling all !!! fish Ahtapots)>Cave Cherax.
    Did you use Robber rig for Istiridye and shrimp lure for Dil, Merc, & Ahtapot?

Thanks btw, I'm kicking myself for not buying that Nash warp coat thing, I so should have.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I Resumed fishing sometime in January. I do not ever want to be in nashmau again! I think I was 27 or 30something when I resumed. I caught as many fish as I could stand to catch every single day, All 200 sometimes. The hardest periods for me were the transition periods when I had to learn new fish, (ie canceling the ones I knew were not the ones I wanted) I have had no other income and I've been buying random shit. I currently have 5mil in profits. I do not doubt I'd be around 7-8 mil now if I had not bought random shit. That said. I npced everything.

Like I said I tried Pterygotus because I did not want to deal with a broken rod but good lord, the skillups were too abysmal for me. I took Cave Cherax in QSC and ate rod breaks anyway. Suckers snapped my line a shitload and broke my rod about twice a day. I could never reach 200 on them either. I think most I pulled off was 100, on average I caught about 75 Cherax, they npc for 1600 gil though, making them pretty decent skillup fish.

That said, this in my opinion is the fastest skill/profit path.
    Yes. Exactly it. Sinking minnow and minnow at times to really separate random shit when I could tell the differences clearly enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I should really check this thread more oftern...

Carry on!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryphen View Post
    I usually fish them at (I-11), using the entrance at (I-6) in Caedarva. Use a sinking minnow. They bite fairly frequently.
    Late, but thanks alot! I've been out trying new places and new fish like Betta in Mamook but never got one to bite.