BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 470 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    Ah, Gusgen Mines would be quite a bit more convenient than Gustaberg. I'll probably give both a try and see what it's like.
    Just a heads up, Gavial in Gusgen only bite in the three ponds at the very bottom of Gusgen. They will not bite in any other pond.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Freysi
    Ah, Gusgen Mines would be quite a bit more convenient than Gustaberg. I'll probably give both a try and see what it's like.
    Just a heads up, Gavial in Gusgen only bite in the three ponds at the very bottom of Gusgen. They will not bite in any other pond.
    Indeed....

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Well then, that explains my 20 minutes without a bite.

I was just about to come here to vent my frustrations with these Gavials. lol

And is Meatball really the best bait to use? That's what I've got with me right now.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

And is Meatball really the best bait to use? That's what I've got with me right now.
    I use minnows..... bites can be really good or really bad. It is weird I swear as soon as I use my skill up ring I get no bites. You might spend 20 minutes with no bites, followed by 6-10 fish in the next 10. There is a large fluctuation in gusgen. Just stick with it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Minions

I use minnows..... bites can be really good or really bad. It is weird I swear as soon as I use my skill up ring I get no bites. You might spend 20 minutes with no bites, followed by 6-10 fish in the next 10. There is a large fluctuation in gusgen. Just stick with it.
    Yeah, I've realized that already. I've been going 5-10 minutes with no bites at all, and then suddenly 4 fish in a row.

I moved to Gustaberg to test it out, and it seems like there's a slightly higher bite rate, although my sample size isn't that huge so it's probably just luck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Been wondering :

What, in your opinion, is the *best* range between your skill and the fish cap, in order to get good skillups ?

And is there, from your experience, a limit in that range ? (ie is it possible to get skillups at 0 skill from a lv100 fish ?)

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Don't know, but last night I had great success while using stamina up ring, and skill up ring on the ferry catching sharks, titantic's and ryu titans..... got about an level in maybe 1.5-2hrs 70.1 now : )

I do know however I caught a bream off the coast of bastok (it broke the line) when I was fishing ogre eels prolly around level 32-34 it broke the line and gave me a .3.. was using a sinking minnow, and i'm 90% sure it was a bream.

found the screenshot

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/2449/img0250dd8.png

I also did reel in some breams....

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9049/img0249fz8.png

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4426/img0252tj1.png

-edit- aaaaaah .1 .2 .2 on the boat! thats like a whole day or something in 1 ride @@

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

breams are the only fish i ever got a 0.3 from, was level 32 at the time

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can definitely tell Bream in S Gustaberg from all the other fish there - much slower stamina depletion. I'm still leveling there atm (looks like I spend less time fishing than some others), getting nice skillups and enjoying it a lot. Went from 31.9 to 33.0 yesterday in about an hour.

New Merits
    BG Level

hope all u fishers are doing there guild points ^_^

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by oxx2
    hope all u fishers are doing there guild points ^_^
    hardly needed unless you are going to ebisu.... Guess the apron is nice, however I don't fish many items to begin with. Might get the belt over that apron though.... gogo 3 enchantments at once?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I'm saving for Frog Fishing.

Just kidding, but I am saving my guild points. I want to get Waders really badly, but mainly because they look really cute. And eventually I'd like to get my apron when I have a high enough level, just because.

Uh yeah, about fishing guild points. They're a bitch when it's asking for lower level fish. Lungfish anyone?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm levelling fishing for money, so I honnestly have no interest in the GP items.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

hardly needed unless you are going to ebisu.... Guess the apron is nice, however I don't fish many items to begin with. Might get the belt over that apron though.... gogo 3 enchantments at once?
    I haven't actually tried it myself, but I'm almost positive you can only have 2 enchantments on at the same time. Although the fishing belt does give a different icon from the rings. Maybe it's just that you can only have 2 different enchantments from rings at the same time.

As for the general use of the fishing guild items, yeah it's safe to say that they're really only for ebisu people. +1 skill really doesn't matter that much. But if you are targeting Lik and Gugru, you are going to want all the +skill you can get (+9 total). Same goes for Serpent Rumors (need to start quest) and Mooching (need if you are masochistic). Frog Fishing is.. lol.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Gah, friend that let me use his lu shangs needed it back. Anyone willing to sell one on midgard for 1.6m hit me up on game or forums. Got the gil, just can't find one for sale : (

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

just do soles until 96 in qufim south

ive done soles from 49 to 82.whatever. another good spot is tallaca cove for dils/mercs/ahtpots and just NPC them. They all have high caps and the bite rate is crazy since you are targeting 3 fish compared to 1

also on a side note whats the lightest emperor fish anyone has caught? Friend of mine says his lightest was 351,
    Hit 51 this moning. Go go getting up at 6am to do some fishig before work lol.
    Think I'd be ok going to Tallaca Cove at 51? I was going to do Shall 'till 52, But I gave up around 46 beause I was catching them at about 4 times the rate I could selll them.
    Blues have really slowed down selling on my server now too, average price is7k, but mine never seem to sell unless I put them up for like 5k. ; ;
    I use Minnow in Tallaca Cove right? (Have Lu's >.>)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    just do soles until 96 in qufim south

ive done soles from 49 to 82.whatever. another good spot is tallaca cove for dils/mercs/ahtpots and just NPC them. They all have high caps and the bite rate is crazy since you are targeting 3 fish compared to 1

also on a side note whats the lightest emperor fish anyone has caught? Friend of mine says his lightest was 351,
    Hit 51 this moning. Go go getting up at 6am to do some fishig before work lol.
    Think I'd be ok going to Tallaca Cove at 51? I was going to do Shall 'till 52, But I gave up around 46 beause I was catching them at about 4 times the rate I could selll them.
    Blues have really slowed down selling on my server now too, average price is7k, but mine never seem to sell unless I put them up for like 5k. ; ;
    I use Minnow in Tallaca Cove right? (Have Lu's >.>)
    I don't know about your server, but on mine Shall Shells sell to a vendor for almost the AH price minus transaction fee. When I found that out, I started vendoring them all. I believe they were around 300g to a regular vendor, and 330g to the guild. Meaning almost 4k per stack to the guild. On my server, they hover around 5~6k on the AH, and it was something like 500g to put them up in whitegate. Really wasn't a huge loss, plus I got the gil instantly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah I had 4 stacks for ages, in the end I gave up an NPCed them. It's the same on my Server that they only sell for slighty more than NPC price at AH.
    I switched to Blues, which sell much faster, (pretty much at the speed I can catch them.) They do seem to have slowed down since the Fishing competition is over now though. (People were using them as bait.)
    I submittied a fish for the competition but accidently NPCed it lol. Is my entry still valid?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I believe you're good as long as you registered it.

I'm very surprised by the situation you guys have with Shall Shells. On my server they sell in 24 hours top, and usually for 7.5-8k per stack.

At 51 you could try boat-fishing. I did that in the last two days, and I liked it a lot. Lu Shang with Shrimp Lure, Minnow or Bluetail Slices (best skillup combo so far for me at 54). You can catch Bluetails on the ship with Minnow, so just have some cooking skill and bring a couple stacks of Wind xtals.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Vegetaa have you tried Tallaca Cove? From what people have said about it so far you should get really good bite/skillup rate there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 470 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast