Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Maint is right on good moon for fishing. ; ;
    Hit 59.stuff at the weekend though. :D
    Grats, you're way faster than I am O.O A week ago I was posting about where you should skillup lol. I'm more focused on making gil along with skilling up...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Yesssssssssssss

1/2 on Mercurial sword today!

I think about 1/20 total or so... very lucky!
    Are you able to catch them without breaking your lu shangs very often? Or do you have woodworking so it's not as inconvenient for you to repair your broken rod?

I'm kind of curious as to whether or not I'd be able to catch titans at Lv.66 fishing without a huge risk of breaking my rod?

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

I have wood leveled, use a stamina ring (so fucking easy to get) and a skill up ring.

I'd say I've broken the rod 2 or so in 35-40 0% catches and only ended up w/ 20-25 fish. Most are line breaks, or lost due to lack of skill messages.... (got 2 .3's so far this way....) I've broken my rod on sea zombies more imo.... its weird though.

I'd say rod break is 5%
    line break is about 60%
    and catch/lack of skill is 30-35%.... Some days you will have better luck reeling them in. I have better luck reeling them in if I face the camera to me and go the same way as the rod, on these, dont know why. Use that if you want to, it helps me alot. Otherwise other fish I fight from behind going the opposite way. Also it seems impossible to fish them up on pc w/o stamina ring/depletion ring.

As I made this post I had 3 line breaks on ryugu titans on this 1 trip... and .1 skill on a shark ;x

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I sometimes wish they'd add a fourth ring which would act as a sedative to fish, make them less jerky.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Can anyone confirm if Silver sharks cap above what is listed on final fishing? Someone posted a correction saying they got a skill up at 79... right now it says they cap at 76... in .1 I guess i'll find out if they do. (75.9 atm)

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Obtained: Serpent Rumors

Let the games begin.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Good luck man

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Caught my first lik with a minnow in lufaise....

I hope all the fights are as easy as that one was ;x

got a second one. with little trouble

I would suggest working your ass off for this ring that helps you tire fish (brig chart) if you are gonna do these reliably.... otherwise you will be in for a alot of lost catches.

The third lik was much harder than the first 2, got the warning message, got it to about 2-3% before reeling it in, snapped line.

ended up catching the 4th one.

The 5th one I could not even get it to 50%

Enchantments wore off..... 5 bites in 20mins

5 bites 3 fish
    ================================
    Used rings
    Snapped line on bite#1, .3 fishing skill up.

Lost due to lack of skill at 0% (so due to level difference u can get this message even though people say fishing skill makes no difference at all......)

Lost due to lack of skill at about 7% hp

Rings wore

3 bites, 0 returns : (
    ========================================
    Turned in the 3 fish, no dice.
    Used rings

First one was a good fight, ended up with my 4th fish for the day.

Second one -Fairly sure- Line break

lost catch at before I could get it low enough

Line breaks (fought just like a ryugu titan)

rings wore. 4 bites 1 fish
    *Full moon started*

Gonna go try Gugrusaurus now on the alzhabi ferry with meatballs.

um...... yeah don't think i'm fishing these w/o a key item.... even with both rings.....

Posting results for those who care....

First one got to 80%.....

Second one got to 50%....

Word of advice, if you cant land liks, you got no chance at landing Gugrusaurus.....
    liks again

first timed out at 30%

line broke

got one, 2112 pz :D

3 bites 1 fish
    ==========================================

line broke

caught one 1818pz

line broke

line broke

4 bites 1 fish
    ==========================================

Fought like a ryugu titan, caught

lost due to time (30%)
    (back to back bites)

line breaks

line breaks

Lost due to lack of skill

enchantment wore as I hooked another ..... wow they dont stay on long w/o stamina ring.

5 bites 1 fish
    =========================

Caught a lik

1 bite 1 fish
    (about 20 !'s)

========================

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

um...... yeah don't think i'm fishing these w/o a key item....
    I'm pretty sure Mooching only affects the time on the line when you're using Drill Calamary and Dwarf Pugil as bait. I don't believe it has an effect on minnow or meatball.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Double posted; see post below

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    um...... yeah don't think i'm fishing these w/o a key item....
    I'm pretty sure Mooching only affects the time on the line when you're using Drill Calamary and Dwarf Pugil as bait. I don't believe it has an effect on minnow or meatball.

just quoting a few responses similar to my own....

http://www.titanictus.com/viewtopic.php ... ugrusaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Martinius
    so i've been trying to finish my ebisu rod. i got my opal silk about two and a half months ago... so time to work on gugrusauruses right?

i cannot catch these damn fish. when i got my opal silk i was 92 fishing-ish. so i geared up, headed for the ToAU ferry, popped my penguin ring and my albatross ring and set out my line. i was barely able to dent the life bar. so i figure i need to skill up more.

this morning i ding level 96 fishing. i grab my rings, my gear, a stack of light crystals and a couple stacks of meatballs. four bites. not a single one was i able to get below 80%. frustrated doesnt even begin to cover what i am. do i need to get more skill? i don't have much of a problem catching them on the normal ferry, i "land"(deplete the health bar completely, regardless of result) probably 90% of my gugrusauruses on the old ferry.

i'm on an xbox360, i have both a keyboard and a controller, tho i am more comfortable fishing with my controller.

am i just too low for the ToAU ferry still? or can someone offer me some advice/encouragement about catching this fish? many thanks for your time and replies.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIGuest
    [quote:18as71g4]Oh dear I too have this serious problem. I can't even catch the Gugrusauruses on the Selbina ferry! Both rings active... using Lu rod and Meatballs. I have all the level 1 Fishing gears equipped plus Waders. (That's +5 right there) and I also have "The Big One" furnishing in my Mog House giving me Moghancement: Fishing. I'm also level 94.7 Fishing. And these Gugrus behave exactly like the ones on the Al'Zhabi ferry. There seems to be no difference. I can get the stamina to drop OK but I still run out of time at about 30%. That's just not even close.

What the hell is happening?! The reason I thought they were easier on the Selbina ferry was because I was using Clothespole at the time. Clothespole is much better at reducing stamina than Lu Shangs.... but of course I will never get a Gugrusaurus out of the water with that!

I always believed that the Albatross ring and the Penguin ring were an alternative method to getting these fish as opposed to getting Mooching and Dwarf Pugils. But they just aren't doing the job for me at all. I just hope and prey this isn't the PC onry problem with PS2 users getting it easy. Because that will mean I'm totally screwed, and all the time and effort I've put in so far going to waste.

If I still need Mooching plus Dwarf Pugils to get the stamina down on these fish, then what is the point of the fishing rings?! At the moment they are useless for me. At least the OP can drain the ones on the Pirate rides. I can't even do that!

Solutions people posted to help.....

Quote Originally Posted by JAI
    [quote:18as71g4]Gugrusaurus is the toughest fish (from my ffxi fishing experience) that i have try to catch. I get mostly line breaks and my Lu Shang break 1/3 bites. I founded that Fishing support and all + support gears really helps.
    Liks 1/25 *Opal Silk* obtained Jan. 9, 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by rydz
    [quote:18as71g4]You probably already know this, but if you manage to track down some of the EX bait, and get the key item Mooching, Gugrusaurus becomes very very easy to reel in without rings. Of course, my fishing is still 53, so I'm just going by what I've read. AND of course, that EX bait is not exactly easy to come by, but... it's another option, if you can't catch gugrus with meatballs at all. Good luck!
    [/quote:18as71g4][/quote:18as71g4][/quote:18as71g4]

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

And then the nail in the coffin (if its true)

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    Yea im 90.9+5 skill atm. Have mooching and the 2 rings. ToAu gugrus lowest i can currently get em is 40%ish. Whenever rod straightens they regen back too fast and god forbid u press wrong way else it will be over. Thought it would be easier with mooching. Crying or Very
    But.... 2 > 1 I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Serversurfer
    [quote:whnxm8ct]Mooching only helps with the Drill Calamary and Dwarf Pugils. Mooching + Drill Calamary makes Gugrusaurus pretty easy to wear out on the Ferry to Al Zahbi, no rings required.
    [/quote:whnxm8ct]

New Merits
    BG Level

interesting info on the gurgu, im currently 94.5ish and 75k GPs spamming them daily until i get SSR

not sure if im going to try gurgus until im 100 since i've heard alot of stories like this, also need to get some new rings both pirates and brigs are almost empty

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I just hit Lv.78 fishing, but I'm still 45,000 guild points short of Serpeant Rumors... ; ;

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by oxx2
    interesting info on the gurgu, im currently 94.5ish and 75k GPs spamming them daily until i get SSR

not sure if im going to try gurgus until im 100 since i've heard alot of stories like this, also need to get some new rings both pirates and brigs are almost empty
    Too bad the freaking brigs ring quest is complete ASS. I've tried about 7 times and gotten the 4th chest once, due to fishing up mobs and being so limited on time ;x

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

They're enhancing the stats for Ebisu fishing rod... I really need to get one now... o.o

New Merits
    BG Level

what do you mean they are enhancing the stats?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    They're enhancing the stats for Ebisu fishing rod... I really need to get one now... o.o
    Source please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 470 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast