Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Glitched Dynamis-Valkurm or bad luck

So last night my shell did Dynamis-Valkurm...and 2 peculiar things happened that I have never seen before.

When I had a THF do the sac pull for Fairy Ring, the Yagudo all lost hate on him and returned deaggroed to their spawn points. In past experience I have run out of sight range (>50 distance) from many dynamis mobs, and they still keep coming. Has anyone ever heard of mobs losing hate in dynamis, because its a first for me.

Our Valk strat involves killing Nan'tina and Fairy Ring. We killed both sucessfully, and went to the mega.

While fighting the Mega it used charm breath, which wiped us (mages and melee separated) @25% :/. All our previous runs it has not attempted Charm Breath after killing Nan'tina....

So these 2 things combined lead me to believe that there was a glitch.

I remember reading previous posts here a long time ago about the Mega still using charm breath after Nan'tina died.

The only thing I can think of is that for the first time we have fought Nan'tina it did not Charmga us....this has never happened before.

So my question to everyone is this a known glitch if it Nan'tina doesn't use charmga? Is this normal even if Nan'tina does use charmga?

And wtf @ mobs losing hate..

Any thoughts appreciated thanks. Sucks to lose to Valkurm :/ never had that happen before...fucking 1M gil for 10 byne bills WOOT

Re: Glitched Dynamis-Valkurm or bad luck

As far as I understood killing Nan'Tina only prevents him from spamming it with no TP, and when he actually gets TP he actually has multiple moves to choose from and you had bad luck there :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by careswww
    As far as I understood killing Nan'Tina only prevents him from spamming it with no TP, and when he actually gets TP he actually has multiple moves to choose from and you had bad luck there :/
    Ahh ic :/ only reason I thought glitch is because we have done 5 dynamis-valkurm before this won every time and never saw charm breath....also every other time Nan'tina charmed us like mad while fighting him..

Well what about the stupid mobs losing hate? Any thoughts?

Banned.

BG Level

Yesterday in Beucedine out puller (BRD) landed Elegy on a statue, statue went red, but it did not spawn mobs or came after us. Statue even moved close to other statue and did not link.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

killing specified mobs does not remove a specific TP attack, just removes the 'spam' aspect of it. Which is why chainstun > *

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Hate might be a little odd atm we've noticed stuff like that too. Most of the time dynamis mobs will pursue until their aggro is dead.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Yesterday in Beucedine out puller (BRD) landed Elegy on a statue, statue went red, but it did not spawn mobs or came after us. Statue even moved close to other statue and did not link.
    this happens when the statue moves out of range at a very specific spot on your casting meter.

Banned.

BG Level

oh, I see, yeah it makes sense, but still looks weird

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That also happens when some pulling methods get Paralyzed. Mob gets claimed, but no hate is generated and it still doesn't notice you.

souleman

Killing chramga mob also lowers the length of time you are charmed. We stopped killing him a long time ago.

As for the hate issue, I noticed strange stuff also.. Last night, I pulled hate from a pld by running between him and the statue. I hadn't done anything to any mob durring the pull (first glacier run for some people, so was directing traffic). Things were going fine, but I saw a rogue statue so went to investigate. One of our pld's had pulled it off in a strange direction because the blm's needed mp. No big deal, so I check his path cause I am not sure where he thinks he is going. He is clear, so I start heading back to aliance. I still haven't cast a single spell, but right before I ran in front of the statue, it turned yellow. Then it smacked me as I ran past.

Only time I have ever experienced anything like that before was when the kitter died, but in this case, he was still alive.

We beat Dyna V earlier and no glitches so just bad luck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It happened to me in Bastok once that the statues would loose aggro when pulling and being very far from them, very odd, never happened since. We already killed its mobs though (I pulled, quadavs killed me, then I was raised and pull the statue again).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've always been convinced that if you want to beat the boss in Valkurm you have to make sure she doesn't move from her starting location.