Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taru Automaton Assault     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Taru Automaton Assault

Heyloha~ I'm planning on trying to do Automaton Assault with 2 of my LS friends, and I was wondering what is the best strat for it? We all have a combo of mage and melee jobs that we can use for it. What is a good jobs combo? Any info would rock

Thankers~

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Taru Automaton Assault

NIN, DD, RDM or BLM. I guess best setup might be NIN,SAM/RNG,RDM.

Basically strat:

Hume:
    Casts -agas so stuns will help
    Weak to WS

Elvaan:
    Seems like no weaknesses

Mithra:
    Weak to ranged

Galka:
    Weak to magic

Start by camping where the tunnel and bridge meet. Pull the Hume and run back to camp. Each Automaton will come when the last one hits the 20% mark, so the distance from where you fight will give you more time.

Zerg Hume since -agas are annoying. Elvaan, just fight normal and try to keep tp and WS when he gets to 20%. Mithra, use range attack or just truck through if you don't have one. Galka, let nin build some hate w/ the elemental wheel. Don't overnuke on BLM unless you can finish him off.

This ENM is really expensive now in this economy. Its not unheard of to drop 50-100k just to get clearance to the ENM.

bring ranged, melee, and magic damage. a nin with some el-cheapo shurikens and some tsurara or other such cheapies works great. rng is also very effective. not sure how a pld would do in there, as i've never tried it. pull the hume first and work her down with w/e your best damage is. she's a bitch, casting AM2 as fast as she can. she'll keep your healer busy. kill her and the rest of the fight is a breeze. elvaan will come in next, he just hits a hair hard, no real surprises. knock him off and the mithra will cruise in. she takes double damage from ranged attacks and less from others, so your rng or your shurikens will be handy here. finally the galka will wander along. your healer can DD some w/ banish, or nukes or w/e you have on hand. if your healer is a smn, use carby's meteorite. he WILL tank a bit. it's kinda funny in a cute sort of way. ^^

try to station your fight around the bend in the tunnel to the BC area. the next mob in the series adds when the previous mob is at low HP (think prommy vaz boss fight.) so this will give you some kiting room. make sure the mage stands as far back as possible. the mobs will use shockwave a lot, and if that sleeps your mage, things get nasty. other than that, keep the pace up and it's an easy win.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I usually go with NIN, RDM, BLM. Pretty simple like somebody said before, just stun the -gas. Stack DoTs on the Mithra. Gravity the Galka, then Flare + ga II will kill it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

everything is pretty standard for this ENM i think, just watch for the sleep ws, it caught us off guard last time. Btw drop rates are horrible, think I'm like 1/20 or something.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Unless you really, really, really want that VIT+1, you'll be better off dropping the money on a Triumph earring instead, as you could very well spend a million gil getting clearance to this ENM and have nothing to show for it but the EXP.

Quote Originally Posted by superfob
    This ENM is really expensive now in this economy. Its not unheard of to drop 50-100k just to get clearance to the ENM.
    Trade 2716 gil on lightsday seems to be the trick for cheap entry. You won't win all the time, but the dice seem loaded to give you a similar or better win rate as if you traded the full 10k gil. The problem is it only seems to really work on lightsday, which isn't bad to do for the solo enm, but would probably be a pain to coordinate for the 3-man.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I did this a lot with a couple of friends, never once got the STR earring (lots of +hp of course).

At the time none of us had NIN available, so our setup was MNK/NIN, RNG/NIN, BLM/WHM. We died our first try, and won every single time thereafter. We pulled Galka first (which I'd hurt pretty bad with Holy Bolts, the MNK would Chi Blast as it came in, and the BLM would unload a Flare, and it would basically be dead. Zerg the hume (MNK uses fists on it) and then elvaan down, then I basically solo the Mithra in a few seconds on RNG.

We stopped doing it when the economy started trending towards deflation, it simply wasn't cost effective. And also those jobs levelled far enough past 60 that getting level cap gear started to get annoying for such little gain.

End result, try it for fun, get the seemingly common HP earring in case you ever need it for DRK or other HP builds, and then buy a triumph earring

Bring a BLU. Headbutt > all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sargas
    Trade 2716 gil on lightsday seems to be the trick for cheap entry. You won't win all the time, but the dice seem loaded to give you a similar or better win rate as if you traded the full 10k gil. The problem is it only seems to really work on lightsday, which isn't bad to do for the solo enm, but would probably be a pain to coordinate for the 3-man.
    Well didn't check for lightsday, but I've always tried 2716 for the first 5 times before just giving up that I wasted 14k and just spam 10k bets. SE really needs to adjust the price for clearance on this, it costs more than limbus/dynamis for just 2k xp.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sargas
    Well didn't check for lightsday, but I've always tried 2716 for the first 5 times before just giving up that I wasted 14k and just spam 10k bets. SE really needs to adjust the price for clearance on this, it costs more than limbus/dynamis for just 2k xp.
    It has to be lightsday for the 2716 gil trick to work, the moblin even has a special line on lightsday to confirm that's it's on. Even though it seems like you have such slim odds with betting on a number that low the will moblin consistantly rolls REALLY low totals. Also, just because you have to get the key item on lightsday doesnt mean you have to do the ENM right away right there. If you're running short on time, go get the key items and warp back to town and prepare for the EMN then.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Thanks, I'll be sure to nab clearance if I'm not doing much on lightsday ahead of time.

I duo this with my friend. It\\\'s very easy.

I: Sam/Nin
    He: Rdm/Whm

Do it on Lightsday, trade 2716, I usually go 1/1 (1/3 last time ><) he usually goes for 1/3. Never more than 3 trades of 2716.

Strat:

Pull the Galka first. Red Mage 2 hours and nukes him down (just straight Thunder 2 spam), I build TP on him. Red Mage immediately converts to full while the next one comes in.

Elvaan is a joke. He has no evasion and not much accuracy, I rarely need more than a regen with Seigan + 3e + Ichi. Red Mage dots him up but otherwise full on healer mode.

Hume I Sam 2hr. He drops before you\\\'re finished 2hring, if you lead off with a WS before you 2hr.

Mithra is the slowest. Sam/Nin with maxed Archery and a bunch of Racc gear can still miss a lot, but Demon Arrows + War Bow +1 hits for a lot (200ish, I forget, we\\\'re doing this week\\\'s run tonight). Agro is the worst on this one as the high evasion of the Mithra leads to lots of missed Ratks but if you get a few lucky shots in early it\\\'s fine. WS don\\\'t do a ton but they do enough to keep hate as well.

edit: I should note Red mage of course fully debuffs each mob (with slow, para and such) except the Galka and the Hume for obvious reasons.

Items used: Red Mage uses 1-2 Yag Drinks. Samurai uses 0-2 Hi Pots (I\\\'m gonna start bringing them just in case, as we\\\'ve gotten close to me dying before against the Mithra).

Obviously the strat involves 2hrs but it takes one less person and you do it once a week, so planning around that isn\\\'t hard. YMMV of course.

We\\\'ve done 2 so far, and are 1/2 on the HP earring, 0/2 on the Str earring (the one I want ).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I do this once a week and have yet to see a earring drop.

We go
    Nin/war
    Blm/whm
    whm/smn

We start with the mithra with ninja using bow + arrows, then next always comes galka, I 2hr flare it and then a simple aga2 will finish that. Then the elvaan comes and we just slowly hack at it with spells and weapons. Finally the hume heads this way and we just tear it apart with weapons stunning aga's when needed.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spammed this back in the day with NIN RNG RDM, it was so pathetically easy. Not really sure how it works now with ToAU jobs and what not, but there's the silver lining.