+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The 6 most terrifying foods in the world.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_6- ... world.html

#5 - From:
    Sardinia, Italy.

What the hell is it?
    This, dear reader, is a medium-sized lump of Sweet Fucking Christ. Casu Marzu is a sheep' milk cheese that has been deliberately infested by a Piophila casei, the "cheese fly." The result is a maggot-ridden, weeping stink bomb in an advanced state of decomposition.

Its translucent larvae are able to jump about 6 inches into the air, making this the only cheese that requires eye protection while eating. The taste is strong enough to burn the tongue, and the larvae themselves pass through the stomach undigested, sometimes surviving long enough to breed in the intestine, where they attempt to bore through the walls, causing vomiting and bloody diarrhea.

Wait, it gets worse ...
    This cheese is a delicacy in Sardinia, where it is illegal. That' right. It is illegal in the only place where people actually want to eat it. If this does not communicate a very clear message, perhaps the larvae will, as they leap desperately toward your face in an effort to escape the putrescent horror of the only home they have ever known. Even the cheese itself is ashamed; when prodded, it weeps an odorous liquid called lagrima, Sardinian for "tears."

Danger of this turning up in America:
    There is significant danger here, as we're thinking the cheese companies have a lot of maggot stock in the back of their warehouse they'd like to get rid of. And, there may actually be a market for it. Self-loathing is a powerful force in this economy (see the diet section of your local supermarket) and there' times you get low enough that, damn it, you feel like you deserve nothing better than infested cheese.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: The 6 most terrifying foods in the world.

I'm suddently not hungry anymore. Weird.

1st place wasn't the worst imo, unless you eat it raw.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I've actually had number 1. It tastes really good with salt and pepper.

I don't think I'll eat again for a week... #'s 5, 4 were the worst imo, but they were all pretty gross. Except 2 really, didn't really come as a shock lol

I was hoping the list was bigger, there are probably worse out there. FIND 'EM AND POST 'EM!

I don't know if its cruel or what. But #1 The Duck egg, is very very good. I loved going back to china and eating them. they are the best. and i still eat them like twice a year? its good tho.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Those eggs were eaten on Fear Factor a few times I think. Do you just eat and swallow the bones, are they hard or have they gone soft sitting there for so long.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta
    I don't know if its cruel or what. But #1 The Duck egg, is very very good. I loved going back to china and eating them. they are the best. and i still eat them like twice a year? its good tho.
    I've tried the yolk of one and handed off the rest to someone else. It's less cruel then eating chicken/beef...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

This cheese is a delicacy in Sardinia, where it is illegal. That' right. It is illegal in the only place where people actually want to eat it.
    a great alternative to drugs, all the cool kids say "HAY, WANNA DO SOME CHEESE AFTER SCHOOL LULZ"

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I love the ads. And I was pleasantly surprised that #1 was something I've already heard of. I have a few Phillipino friends.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

lolbalut yes I am Filipino and no I have never had it

So gross, only have heard of lutefisk never knew what it was though. Was surprised candied scorpions weren't on the list. Its an asian thing where the scorpions are covered in something making them lethargic enough not to pinch or sting and they are sugared and put on a miniature bagoda tower and people eat them stinger first.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Surprised Hakarl isn't on the list. It's a dish from Iceland where they catch a shark, bury it, dig it up in 6 months then chow.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Are they supposed to be numbered in any particular order? I would much rather eat a duck fetus than festering maggot cheese. Witchetty Grubs deserve a mention too I think.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/cr...g/anteggs2.jpg

Good call on the Hakarl, by the way. Here's what wiki says about it:

It has a particular ammonia smell, not too dissimilar from many cleaning products. It is often served in cubes on toothpicks. Those new to it will usually gag involuntarily on the first attempt to eat it due to the high ammonia content.
    Chef Anthony Bourdain, who has travelled extensively throughout the world sampling local cuisine for his Travel Channel show No Reservations, has described shark þorramatur as "the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing" he has ever eaten.

American service men and women, when experiencing þorrablot while stationed in Iceland, have described the taste of hakarl as "a piece of mushy sponge soaked in window cleaner."

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

A similar site one of my guildmates posted on our forums...

http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/ca ... eat_it.php

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I held the back of my hand to my mouth the entire time reading that... was extremely close to being sick.

E. Body
    BG Level

Damn that stuff's disgusting. I know in Iran we have a dish called "Kalle-pache" which is the feet and head of a lamb boiled -- but like the thing doesn't have its eyes on. I personally don't go near that stuff. I've never seen people that are "ambivalent" when it comes to it -- they either love it and want it every day (its had for breakfast) or hate it and can't even go within a 20 foot radius (like me).

That stuff was disgusting, and I'm surprised #2 was that high. I'd eat that over that cheese crap or lye-fish. Or mice-wine...

Pray tell, how much money do you have to drop to acquire and consume these foods? I can't imagine you can get them as cheaply as a pack of Oreos...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Those foods really don't seem -that- bad. I would never eat them, but I'm not really losing my after midnight appetite from reading about them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast