Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Thread: The Moonlit Path     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Moonlit Path

Wiki's, somepage's, and especially Alla's information on Fenrir Prime in The Moonlit Path quest are lacking. I have a few questions regarding the fight, maybe you can help me out. I found no articles related using your search function.

1) What is doggie's (approximate) total HP? I'd like to club him to death, need to find out if I'll be able to inflict enough damage to kill it through the duration of Blood Weapon and Souleater.

2) Can doggie be stunned? CS stun would be the only way to assure I don't lose all of my zerg buffs to Dispelga or get buttsekks'd by Howling Moon.

Don't say "Go with 5 SMN," cuz I don't (want to) know that many. K bai!~

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: The Moonlit Path

Quote Originally Posted by Trythison
    Wiki's, somepage's, and especially Alla's information on Fenrir Prime in The Moonlit Path quest are lacking. I have a few questions regarding the fight, maybe you can help me out. I found no articles related using your search function.

1) What is doggie's (approximate) total HP? I'd like to club him to death, need to find out if I'll be able to inflict enough damage to kill it through the duration of Blood Weapon and Souleater.

2) Can doggie be stunned? CS stun would be the only way to assure I don't lose all of my zerg buffs to Dispelga or get buttsekks'd by Howling Moon.

Not sure of the HP but yes he can be stunned. Most of the times I have done this, a RDM/DRK stuns the 2HR making it a /doze of a fight. I usually go something like NIN, BRD, WHM, RDM/DRK, 2 random DDs when I do it. Bene is nice to have just incase the RDM fails at life :D MNK/NIN is also a good tank. I got my Fenrir over 2 years ago when a MNK I knew tanked for me.

Cool, it can be stunned. One question left!

Something to keep in mind is that Fenrir loves to dispel. And dispel means no Last Resort. Or Blood Weapon. Or Soul Eater. You may get lucky and he may only fang rush you, but I'm not so sure you'd want to risk that.

I'm sorry I can't answer you question about HP, but I wish you the best of luck. Most likely, you can do it, as long as you don't get chomped, Mooned, or dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by riddaraan
    Something to keep in mind is that Fenrir loves to dispel. And dispel means no Last Resort. Or Blood Weapon. Or Soul Eater. You may get lucky and he may only fang rush you, but I'm not so sure you'd want to risk that.

I'm sorry I can't answer you question about HP, but I wish you the best of luck. Most likely, you can do it, as long as you don't get chomped, Mooned, or dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Alibeemac
    Not sure of the HP but yes he can be stunned.
    So anyone know Fenrir Prime's Total HP?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably about 15k, I doubt you can kill it with just BW+SE, honestly. Maybe if you bring a BRD for Soul Voice marches. =/

15K? lol ok thanks, lock the thread now

it's not high. remember that the old school way of doing this is to bring 4 blm, 1 rdm/drk, and 1 leech. i think i usually got off about 3 spells, figure 1.1k each nuke (+ or - by a LOT though, i don't remember if he has native magic reduction that's higher than that or lower. if he has no magic damage correction factor, i could trash that number in my sleep.) 3*4*1.1=13.2k HP. nothing too horrible. also, blood weapon would stick around, no? as i remember, you can't dispel 2 hrs in ballista, so i see no reason why fenrir would be able to dispel it. everything else though, say goodbye to. ^^ also, if you're swift, his 2 hr is infinitely stunnable as a drk. it has a couple second charge up, so just stay on your toes and don't be mid cast and you'll stop it no problem.

It was about 14k, and the fight lasted all of 30 seconds (got the record). K bai~

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yes he can be stunned. And you don't need 5 SMNs. My LS does him with a traditional party (PLD, WHM, BRD, DD, DD, DD) on a regular basis. We've killed him that way four times in the last three weeks or so (and only one death total on all the runs). No meds, nothing special (though sometimes 2 hours are used).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

For fun, try with NIN+RDM or THF+RDM. Or if you are that freak Galka, just go as solo THF ;p

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't you lock it yourself? You're the OP.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm pretty sure he can. I duo'd the Diabolos prime with a kraken drk and I was rdm/drk. I dont think diabolos ever even got a move off. Sorry to not answer your question, but hey maybe someone needs diabolos and will be able to use this.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Can't you lock it yourself? You're the OP.
    I like it when people do my bidding

Also lol @ people still replying to this giving me advice...