Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Category: Artifact Armor Quests

I know BRP and a few others are working on AF quests, should we implement a new category beyond the Quest start location?

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Category: Artifact Armor Quests

Sure, I don't see why not. Like other categories, it does not have to be marked or noticed on the main quest category page. If you really wanted to be creative, you'd create subcategories for each job.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Alright done, I'll scan through other quests and mark with the [[Category:Artifact Armor Quests]] as I see them. Category page is up too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If you don't have SMN yet I can help with that but I assumed someone has already done it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

One thing that really anoyed me about the old Wiki is that their AF quests were just listed by A-Z. It would be really nice to be able to see them broken up by Job. So you can just go Quests -> AF -> Job, and away you go.

Banned.

BG Level

How about this:

Category named Artifact Quests. On that page lists every AF quest(in order of course) in small charts broken up by ==Job Name== headings. Then subcategories for every job. Typing something like "BRD AF" in search will bring(redirect) to the Bard subcategory. On the page itself will be a similar list on the previous category page. The subcategory itself will contain all it's quests.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Sounds good, just so long as there isn't a stupid A-Z list of AF quests, which unless you have committed them all(most) to memory, isn't really very helpful.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Okay so I've created the Category: Artifact Quests page and have headings for all the jobs ordered in SE precedence.

A quick way to do this is to just copy the tables from the Job template pages under 'Artifact Armor' under the corresponding job heading. However, since this is specifically "Quests" should coffer AF be in here?

Yes, I think it should since the coffer sections technically falls under Boghertz's quest as well, like an extension of it. This is the derived from Guslam's/the other galka at the counter (forgot which one says it) hint regarding other dungeons and coffers you will find Boghertz's armor in.

p/s if I'm wrong, sorry! ^^;; learn something new everyday!

Banned.

BG Level

Just list the none "hands" related quest as "Blah Blah Coffer" that redirects players to the "Coffer" portion of that area's page.

Banned.

BG Level

Another thing (worthy of a double post)

Please stop listing non-RotZ quests as RotZ.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by aquelia
    Yes, I think it should since the coffer sections technically falls under Boghertz's quest as well, like an extension of it. This is the derived from Guslam's/the other galka at the counter (forgot which one says it) hint regarding other dungeons and coffers you will find Boghertz's armor in.

p/s if I'm wrong, sorry! ^^;; learn something new everyday!
    Good point, I had forgotten about that.

Anyways, I've added the new [[Category:Artifact Quests]] tag to all extant AF quests.

As for the anchored linking from redirects I'm not quite sure how to do that, but I'll poke around Wikipedia's help section to see if I can find the proper formatting information.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Another thing (worthy of a double post)

Please stop listing non-RotZ quests as RotZ.
    I asked this question on IRC on Tuesday but nobody was on. Were the Artifact Armor quests actually added with RotZ, or were they added in a patch prior to that expansion's release? I think that's the confusion over marking AF as Zilart quests.

Banned.

BG Level

I should get on the IRC, I always have trouble getting that to work though.

Uh... I'm quite certain almost all AF quests of the original jobs and advance jobs do not require RotZ.

Sagacious Sundi

Perhaps the subcategories can be called "Category:<Job> quests", to include the flag quests because they tend to be linked story-wise (I think) and obviously in the order you do them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I should get on the IRC, I always have trouble getting that to work though.

Uh... I'm quite certain almost all AF quests of the original jobs and advance jobs do not require RotZ.
    Only the RotZ jobs (and Summoner) require you to go to RotZ zones to complete the quests or get coffers. I remember reading (a loooooong time ago) that AF was added in around the same time as Genkai 2 and the Shadow Lord mission, but I could be wildly wrong. Maybe Elmer could help us out with the update history that he mentioned in his "to be translated" list.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Only the RotZ jobs (and Summoner) require you to go to RotZ zones to complete the quests or get coffers. I remember reading (a loooooong time ago) that AF was added in around the same time as Genkai 2 and the Shadow Lord mission, but I could be wildly wrong. Maybe Elmer could help us out with the update history that he mentioned in his "to be translated" list.
    Genkai 2 (LV60 cap) added: November 2002
    Basic jobs' AF added: November 2002
    Advanced jobs' AF added: December 2002
    RoZ jobs' AF added when the jobs were initially introduced (?)

I'm fairly certain that the Shadow Lord was part of the original base game, as Rank 6 was obtainable by September 2002.