+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

How much would you pay? (Nintendo games)

rant rant rant

I went to pick up a few things today and skimmed past the nintendo section like I always do since I remembered that phoenix wright has a sequel, and while I had a feeling the prices were high on DS games here, I didn't realize exactly how high. Note that this shop is one of the more pricier stores, but when I say that it's only a 5-10 dollar difference so it's barely worth mentioning.

I took pics with my camera phone which sucks major dick, so I couldn't get completely clear screens, but here's the best I could do with obvious price edits.

Anyway I'll let the pictures do the talking.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5...ssoriesvm8.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8...ermariodo9.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3703/zeldaxw7.jpg
    (isn't this one a budget title for USA now?)

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1135/ripve8.jpg

Don't worry Wii, you're not alone, DS is here to rip those of us who play portable.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4746/dsriprp7.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2717/ffripzt4.jpg

Funny, with prices like these, you can only imagine why piracy skyrockets in Australia. It's not one of those "chicken or egg" debates either, because prices have always been overinflated like this since Atari. DVDs aren't nearly as horrible, I can find 10-30 dollar DVDs around (still a bit expensive but bearable).

The current exchange rate -

1 AUD = 0.891892 USD

So the games listed for 100 , they are in fact 89.2091 USD. All console games here get released for 99.95 when new, only drop when there's a special or they've been out for a very very long time, and when they're dropped it's down to 80$.

Would you feel ok paying 90 bucks for a wii game? Or what about 60-70 for a DS chip? I don't get why we have to pay so much. Sucks because I don't like to pirate, but with prices like this, why should I even pay?

As for the question on how much would I pay? Well, I guess it all depends how much shipping fees are from playasia.com (thanks sony for sealing lik-sang away, gj)

Re: How much would you pay? (Nintendo games)

relatively speaking, how much do you get paid for standard jobs? Is a low income job 10 dollars an hour there like it is here (in most place) or is a low income job for you like 16+ an hour. If i was making that much more I don't think i'd care since it'd be relative for you, if not relative to what we earn/pay.

I think paying 50-60 dollars for a new game here is ridiculous, if i had my current salary and 100 dollar games, I would probably excercise more.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    relatively speaking, how much do you get paid for standard jobs? Is a low income job 10 dollars an hour there like it is here (in most place) or is a low income job for you like 16+ an hour. If i was making that much more I don't think i'd care since it'd be relative for you, if not relative to what we earn/pay.

I think paying 50-60 dollars for a new game here is ridiculous, if i had my current salary and 100 dollar games, I would probably excercise more.
    I don't get paid much since I couldn't find a job anywhere better, 14/hour, some of my friends with better jobs get 20+.

Even still, if you get paid a low income job of 10/hr , and a game is 30 there after it's been out a while, and I get 14/hour, and a game is still 100 here after it's been a while, i have to work way more not as relative as I'd want, otherwise I wouldn't be ranting.

Jesus christ thats ridiculous. How much are PS3 and 360 Games over there??

How much does it cost to ship a game from the US to Australia? Just a thought.

Or is that not possible for some reason that I am not thinking of?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon
    Jesus christ thats ridiculous. How much are PS3 and 360 Games over there??
    same lols

How much does it cost to ship a game from the US to Australia? Just a thought.

Or is that not possible for some reason that I am not thinking of?
    It's pricey, thats why if you wanna order from O/S it's better to buy multiple and ship at once to save shipping. Shipping from USA is pricey, but asia is cheap, hence why I hearted Lik Sang very much so.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nintendo games are cheaper in the UK, £30-35 can't you import them cheaper???

Thats £10 cheaper than 360 and £20 cheaper than PS3 games

( I presume you still use the same PAL as us? )

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

rofl wow..

Jesus shitting Christ, and I thought $35 DS games were annoying. I rarely buy games for their original price any more ($50 for PS2/Wii, think it's $60 for PS3/360, and $30-40 for DS, in the US), unless it's an important title of course. I went and got DQVIII probably 6 months ago and it was already only $20. PS2 game prices drop very quickly now, DS games don't drop at all it seems. It was $50 for Wii Play I remember, was a good enough deal considering a Wiimote was $40 alone.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

With prices like that, I'd give up console gaming.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

jesus, and here I am bitching about mario kart on the ds still being sold for $34.99 where i work.

European prices
    PS3 / Xbox 360 / Wii games = roughly 70 euros (~100 dollars)
    DS / PSP games = roughly 50 euros (~70 dollars)

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Wow, how much are the actual consoles?

If it was a ~10% markup I could kind of understand, but that's over a 50% markup in some cases... I might still be tempted to own maybe 1 system, but definately not more than that, and I would only pick up games that were considered "great".

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djriceyes
    With prices like that, I'd pirate all my console gaming.
    Fixed. Speaking for myself, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    Wow, how much are the actual consoles?

If it was a ~10% markup I could kind of understand, but that's over a 50% markup in some cases... I might still be tempted to own maybe 1 system, but definately not more than that, and I would only pick up games that were considered "great".
    Wii = 250 euros (350 dollars)
    Xbox 360 Premium = 370 euros (525 dollars)
    Xbox 360 Elite = 450 euros (640 dollars)
    PS3 40 GB = 480 euros (680 dollars)
    PS3 60 GB bundle with two controllers, Motorstorm and Resistance = 680 euros (970 dollars)

/sigh

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Well, that's outrageous price-wise. How much would I pay? I was hesitant to buy my 2 Wii games at US price, which is like 40-50$. I will only pay that price one more time for smash too, and probably not anymore.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That US price is pretty standard though, and has been since the SNES era. Especially for large and/or newish games. I blame Europe and Australia.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

(Insert the entire lyrics of "Proud to be an American" here)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The most I can see myself paying for a Wii game would be $60 tops, and thats assuming its an omg-must-have new release that I've been anxiously waiting for. Anything else I'd prefer to wait around to see if I can get it cheaper, maybe on sale or use a discount for $40 or so.

Those AU prices are insane

Banned.

BG Level

All those games cost a crowbar and a mask.