+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nyzul Weapons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nyzul Weapons

So has anyone done any testing with a nyzul weapon? I got my death sickle about a month ago but my time in game is pretty booked. I've had no time to do any real testing. I've fooled around with it a bit and only thing I noticed was I was getting a lot of crits. That could just be coincidence or just me noticing because I was looking for something. Also seemed to double attack a lot. I took off all my double attack gear and subbed thf and it doesn't give double attack. So that was just coincidence or possibly enhances job traits (though I doubt it). Need to test nyzul weapon for like 500 hits and then do another 500 hits with regular weapon in the same circumstances and record things like damage and crit hits and whatever else you can think of. Has anyone done a test like that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Nyzul Weapons

i believe theres like 5 topics for this

In before "lol noob use Search"/locked/moved/banned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Short answer: They don't do anything special, they likely never will do anything special, take them at face value, and be thankful SE allows you to store them now, if you are a packrat and don't like tossing rare/ex stuff.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have a feeling the weapons have some function in the upcoming expansion. Tier2 Relic please!! Lol. If this is the case, i will laugh. /Comfort to all the people who spent years getting a relic weapon.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus
    I have a feeling the weapons have some function in the upcoming expansion. Tier2 Relic please!! Lol. If this is the case, i will laugh. /Comfort to all the people who spent years getting a relic weapon.
    I'm ok with it, there is no nyzule isle shields dropping

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    I did search and there is no answer to the question I posed. The only info is "I know someone with a weapon who said it maybe possibly blah blah". I'm asking for someone with a weapon who has tested it. Thanks for your useless post though.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by vagus
    I really hope so....

/emo on

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BLU RELIC TO FUCKING UPGRADE!?!?!?!

/emo off

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    I did search and there is no answer to the question I posed. The only info is "I know someone with a weapon who said it maybe possibly blah blah". I'm asking for someone with a weapon who has tested it. Thanks for your useless post though.
    If you searched and did not find an answer to your question here 95% of the time there are no definitive results yet. If there were answers you would have found them in one of the many threads on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    If you searched and did not find an answer to your question here 95% of the time there are no definitive results yet. If there were answers you would have found them in one of the many threads on the forum.
    No shit, it's not the kind of info someone would sit on and wait for a random thread asking about it. They'd be all <NewThread> HAY GUYZ LISTEN UP!! </NewThread>

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What kinds of tests have people done?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Tests to see if they gave double attack, unlocked WSs, added stats, etc. as well as some ebonpanelesque stuff that I don't recall, involving odd moon phases, weather, locations, and such.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Tests to see if they gave double attack, unlocked WSs, added stats, etc. as well as some ebonpanelesque stuff that I don't recall, involving odd moon phases, weather, locations, and such.
    Has anyone done a simple parse and used it for a full merit party to see if there is something truly noticable?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Has anyone done a simple parse and used it for a full merit party to see if there is something truly noticable?
    give it up turkey

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dont honestly expect anything to be found, but I doubt they've been fully tested tbh.

Banned.

BG Level

I dont honestly expect anything to be found, but I doubt they've been fully tested tbh.
    i doubt youve fully been tested but im not bugging people that do not hold the key to my inquiries

get it im saying you have stds

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

has this been tested with someone that has the weapon?

The following changes have been made to the Nyzul Isle Assault area:

1. A "vending box" has been placed on the first floor. Here, tokens can be used to purchase temporary items.

2. Monster placement has been adjusted to lower the difficulty level of clearing a set of five floors.

3. Data obtained when reaching the 99th floor will no longer be erased upon entry to the 100th floor. The data will only be cleared when the monsters on that floor have been eradicated.

4. The reward for re-completing the 100th floor (by returning to the 100th floor via the key item received upon the first completion) has been adjusted.

5. The drop rate for unappraised items carried by notorious monsters has been raised.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff ... etail.html

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Considering how long it takes to get a floor 100 clearance and that your disc is erased every time you do it, it's much better (and more profitable gear-wise and NM wise) to just farm the floors.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan
    Considering how long it takes to get a floor 100 clearance and that your disc is erased every time you do it, it's much better (and more profitable gear-wise and NM wise) to just farm the floors.
    Unless it's figured out that doing it the 2nd time actually does something worthwhile.

The only report I've heard is it increases the drop rate of a weapon to 100%.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Once I find some time I'll take mine out and get some results... but I don't have a parser so I'm not sure how good that will be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast