+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 7 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Re: NFL Week 7 Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristam
    And now Boston's also going to the world series and Boston College is BCS#2 team..... Evil Empire?
    The Celts look real good this year too.. now if only Claude could get the Broons' act together...

Oh and if you care about soccer.. the Revs are in the playoffs.
    Bruins could get their 5th straight win tonight. Does Boston have room for a 3rd Manny?

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    News. We all know Ronnie Brown went out in the game against the Pats and the worst we feared is true. He's out for the season. D: So that's Auburn's two RB's from 04 to go out with a season ending injury. D:
    Enter Ricky Williams!!!!! Seriously Miami is fucked, as Ronnie Brown was their only shining star, now they're very likely to go one or two wins all season. I've stopped caring about my dolphins in '99, got some hope back in 2002/2003 only to have it dashed a year later.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I'm anticipating a really good MNF football game with the Colts coming out on top. There has only been talk about how the Jags ran down the throats of the Colts last season but I don't that really matters much seeing that the Colts overcame the adversity involving their rushing defense. i guess you can say tonight will the true test of that.

The Ronnie Brown situation really sucks for Miami. I honestly feel bad for that team and up until this point, them going 0-16 is very possible. Hopefully they can gain some pretty good assets in the upcoming draft.

I'm glad Brian Griese has been getting some recognition. I mean, he has pretty much saved the Bears from falling in to a hole that they can't climb out of. People like to pin the blame on him for the losses against Detroit and Minnesota (yes he threw three picks at Detroit but he almost set the team up to tie the game) and in Minnesota i think it's safe to say that that loss was a result of the extremely horrible playing by the defense. As unlikely as it may seem, i think Griese will keep the team alive and also keep their playoffs hopes alive. The game against Detroit next week will be a really big game for the Bears.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm going to say that the Jags win after a freak accident happens where every single Indy player comes down with full blown aids and bird flu.

Edit: Or any of the highly likely situations laid out by Steve Carrell.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Colts. Mainly because I want to see the colts and pats game with them both undefeated

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanelol
    Colts. Mainly because I want to see the colts and pats game with them both undefeated
    This is pretty much the consensus nationwide (unless you're a Jacksonville fan)

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Jags seem to be having issues.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Jags seem to be having issues.
    I'd say more that they look like a team who is playing the Colts or Patriots.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Tardvaris Jackson has a broken finger on his throwing hand now. But, he can still play. Rejoice, Viking fans!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Means handing it off to Adrian Peterson some more.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

The Jaguars lost any chance of winning when Garrard left the game, not because Garrard is an absolutely spectacular QB, but because he can make plays. The back-up QB sucks and they can't survive on the run alone, especially since the Colts are doing a pretty good job of reading the run and stopping it.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Does anyone think coverage of the NE Patriots is a bit too extensive? I mean, I understand their team this year is almost revolutionary and historic in the NFL, but I swear, ESPN cannot survive 2 minutes without mentioning the NE Patriots. They can be talking about a game that's COMPLETELY unrelated to the Patriots, yet somehow they feel that they have to mention them.

As likely as it is that the Patriots are going to come out on top this year, there's more to football than just NE. TONY KORNEISER WOULD NOT SHUT UP ABOUT THEM LAST NIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Does anyone think coverage of the NE Patriots is a bit too extensive? I mean, I understand their team this year is almost revolutionary and historic in the NFL, but I swear, ESPN cannot survive 2 minutes without mentioning the NE Patriots. They can be talking about a game that's COMPLETELY unrelated to the Patriots, yet somehow they feel that they have to mention them.

As likely as it is that the Patriots are going to come out on top this year, there's more to football than just NE. TONY KORNEISER WOULD NOT SHUT UP ABOUT THEM LAST NIGHT.
    It's because they're from the East Coast which means EVERYTHING to sportscasters. Just look at the fact that the defending Super Bowl champion Colts, who are also undefeated mind you, are looking nearly as impressive as the Patriots, but you don't really hear about them at all.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba

It's because they're from the East Coast which means EVERYTHING to sportscasters. Just look at the fact that the defending Super Bowl champion Colts, who are also undefeated mind you, are looking nearly as impressive as the Patriots, but you don't really hear about them at all.
    That's because all ESPN seems to care about is numbers. Stastically, the Patriots have been up much greater numbers than the Colts (except in rushing). The Colts have somewhere near 11 TDs this season whereas the Patriots have close to 30 now. Tom Brady has so many game for where has thrown over 300 yards, some of them close to 400; That's all ESPN cares about. Being the world leader in sports news, you'd expect them to provide more diverse information about the NFL.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba

It's because they're from the East Coast which means EVERYTHING
    Correct.

Yeah but if the patriots ever lose this year, it'll just make it that much more satisfying.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

In New England you've had to practically go out of your way to get Pats info the past few weeks. Good thing ESPN is covering them, otherwise I wouldn't even know there's a football team 20 minutes from my house.

That's because all ESPN seems to care about is numbers. Stastically, the Patriots have been up much greater numbers than the Colts (except in rushing). The Colts have somewhere near 11 TDs this season whereas the Patriots have close to 30 now. Tom Brady has so many game for where has thrown over 300 yards, some of them close to 400; That's all ESPN cares about. Being the world leader in sports news, you'd expect them to provide more diverse information about the NFL.
    According to ESPN.com:

New England:

Rushing TD: 5
    Passing TD: 27
    Kick Return TD: 2
    Punt Return TD: 0
    Interception Return TD: 1
    Fumble Return TD: 1
    Total: 36 (7 games)

Indianapolis:

Rushing TD: 10
    Passing TD: 11
    Kick Return TD: 0
    Fumble Return TD: 0
    Total: 22 (6 games)

So NE scores about 1 extra touchdown per game compared to Indy (which is still pretty significant)

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    According to ESPN.com:

New England:

Indianapolis:

So NE scores about 1 extra touchdown per game compared to Indy (which is still pretty significant)

Indy is fucking going down this week! You heard it here first.

lol no really. I am in total denial /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    According to ESPN.com:

New England:

Indianapolis:

Indy is fucking going down this week! You heard it here first.

lol no really. I am in total denial /facepalm
    It's gonna be ok

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast