+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 7 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Week 7 Picks

Tampa Bay (4-2) @ Detroit (3-2)

Atlanta (1-5) @ New Orleans (1-4) New Orleans had a much needed win against Seattle last Sunday. They'll be able to use that momentum to defeat a team much lesser than the Seahawks; the Falcons. Bobby Petrino is starting Byron Leftwich in the game, and I don't think he's going to do that well.

Baltimore (4-2) @ Buffalo (1-4) Trent Edwards has been named starter for the Bills; I think he'll be pretty good in the future, but Baltimore's defense is going to be way too much for him to handle as a rookie.

Arizona (3-3) @ Washington (3-2) So both Matt Leinart and Kurt Warner are out, and Tim Rattay is the starting QB for Arizona. Going to have to go with Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis, and the rest of the Redskins on this one.

Tennessee (3-2) @ Houston (3-3)

New England (6-0) @ Miami (0-6) Yea, you read that right. I BOLDED MIAMI; THEY'RE GOING TO PULL THE UPSET ON THIS ONE. CLEO LEMON and JASON TAYLOR WILL SAVE THE DAY (probably not, I'm really going with NE though).

San Fransisco (2-3) @ New York Giants (4-2) The G-men are finally playing in sync and Eli Manning has found his Randy Moss in the name of Plaxico Buress (Tony Kornheiser's bit on MNF was absolutely hilarious, PLAXICO SOUNDS LIKE SOME KIND OF PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY). I don't think SF will be able to win.

Kansas City (3-3) @ Oakland (2-3)

New York Jets (1-5) @ Cincinnati (1-4) As bad as Cincinnati has been playing lately, there's just too much talent on that team to lost to the Jets, who are sucking horribly this season.

Minnesota (2-3) @ Dallas (5-1) This game might actually be pretty interesting. Minnesota is coming in to this game with a lot of momentum from a huge upset against Chicago and who knows how the Patriots game has affected the Cowboys. I'm going to pick the Cowboys, but I won't be surprised if it's a close game or if Minnesota pulls the upset; but it all depends on whether or not Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor have a good game, because Tarvaris Jackson can't do anything.

St. Louis (0-6) @ Seattle (3-3)

Chicago (2-4) @ Philadelphia (2-3) You know, I honestly think that the Chicago defense has such a bad taste in their mouth from last Sunday that they aren't going to let the same thing happen this time. Brian Westbrook is a good RB, but he won't have a game as nearly as good as Adrian Peterson did. I'm picking Chicago for the upset in this one, because NYG and other teams this season proved that pressuring McNabb will cause him to play poorly.

Pittsburgh (4-1) @ Denver (2-3) The Steelers get Hines Ward, Troy Polumalu, and Santonio Holmes back this game. As much talent as Denver has, they aren't going to be able to stop Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis (5-0) @ Jacksonville (4-1) This is going to be a pretty important division game. Jacksonville is an under the radar good team (I think they're going to make the playoffs if they continue to play as they are). Garrard has been a pretty consistent QB and Jones-Drew and Taylor have provided the team with a strong running game. Everyone remembers how the Jaguars rushing game demolished the Colts last season in their second game. I honestly don't think the same thing will happen this year as the Colts defense is now playing consistently. I'm not 100% sure, but since the Colts are coming off a by-week, I assume a lot of their injured players will be returning, which will be good for them. I pick the Colts in a pretty close game.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: NFL Week 7 Picks

New England (6-0) @ Miami (0-6) Yea, you read that right. I BOLDED MIAMI; THEY'RE GOING TO PULL THE UPSET ON THIS ONE. CLEO LEMON and JASON TAYLOR WILL SAVE THE DAY (probably not, I'm really going with NE though).
    I chuckled a little.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

No joke, I'm not looking forward to the Pats playing in Miami. Brady & co. find a way to lose there almost every year.

Pats win 75-2

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    No joke, I'm not looking forward to the Pats playing in Miami. Brady & co. find a way to lose there almost every year.

Pats win 75-2

ROFL @ score. What sad is you're probably right.

But like you said earlier, Miami usually poses match up issues for NE. It's cliche I know, but when these you play you really can "throw the records out of the window". It is sort of like how no matter how well Indy does on the season, when ever they play Jacksonville or Tennessee they lose or it is ALWAYS close.

The Falcons used to pose the same issue to the Panthers both when Chandler was the QB and lolVick.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Tampa Bay (4-2) @ Detroit (3-2) Tampa Bay. I don't like Detroits pass D here. Ike Taylor/Galloway could have a big day. They have a new RB too.

Atlanta (1-5) @ New Orleans (1-4) NO's offense is better than Atlanta's. That means something right? Yeah. Probably not.

Baltimore (4-2) @ Buffalo (1-4) Hopefully Boller can have a good passing game. Okay.. that's not likely. Maybe Baltimore's defense can rough up the rookie. Gogo Ravens.

Arizona (3-3) @ Washington (3-2) Sean Taylor and the rest of Washington's defense is gonna have a field day in this one, seriously. Double up Fitz and it's all over. Let Edge run on ya, because they won't beat you with just the run.

Tennessee (3-2) @ Houston (3-3) Titans are gonna rebound off a tough loss.

New England (6-0) @ Miami (0-6) Yeah.. I'll leave Daahan to the upset picks.

San Fransisco (2-3) @ New York Giants (4-2) Dildo is still in there at QB for the 49ers. Not to say Alex Smith is all that much better, but.... yeah. Giants are gonna crush them.

Kansas City (3-3) @ Oakland (2-3) Wow. A game I could give two shits about. Well, we saw what LT did to the Raiders. Maybe LJ can do the same? Okay.. I thought it was funny too.

New York Jets (1-5) @ Cincinnati (1-4) I too don't think the Bengals could lose this game. Housh/Palmer/Chad are gonna have a big day.

Minnesota (2-3) @ Dallas (5-1) Going for the upset here. Maybe "All-day" can run all over another team like he did the Bears. That'd be awesome.

St. Louis (0-6) @ Seattle (3-3) Seahawks.

Chicago (2-4) @ Philadelphia (2-3) Eagles here. Bears pass D hasn't been that great, and now their run D got gashed? Westbrook could have a big day here.

Pittsburgh (4-1) @ Denver (2-3) Steelers get back injured folks, and the Broncos have a horrid pass D.

Indianapolis (5-0) @ Jacksonville (4-1) Going Indy here until I'm proven wrong about how good they are. Jacksonville is a great team, I just don't think Garrard is quite there yet. (6TD/0INT) I know.. but I just like Manning here.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Chicago (2-4) @ Philadelphia (2-3) Eagles here. Bears pass D hasn't been that great, and now their run D got gashed? Westbrook could have a big day here.
    The pass defense of the Bears is good, but it has been plagued by injuries. Both Charles Tillman and Nathan Vasher (really good CBs) have been dealing with injuries. Urlacher and Briggs are also very good and playing the pass because of their speed. The real problems lies with safeties; Adam Archuleta hasn't been able to do much, but Brandon McGowan has been doing pretty well. The Bears have been having problems with the run though since the end of the last season. Which is surprising because we have awesome DE's and a beast named Tommie Harris.

Pittsburgh (4-1) @ Denver (2-3) Steelers get back injured folks, and the Broncos have a horrid pass D.
    While I agree with the pick, I assume you mean horrid run D.

I'm calling it now. Buffalo over Baltimore this week.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I was actually going to go with Buf>Balt and DET>TB for my pool this week, but I went against that after reading this and talking to people.... My gut was right though, I'm sure.

Anyway. Indy over Jacksonville, 34-17.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think Indy will win, but it will be closer than most people think. Jacksonville always plays the Colts tough, remember that epic 10-9 game last year I think, when the Colts were seemingly coasting to a 16-0 record? This has the potential to be a trap game in a big way, but I do think Indy would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I was actually going to go with Buf>Balt
    I'm expecting Buffalo to be pretty pissed off after the way they lost to Dallas last week. Couple that with the fact that it's a home game for the Bills and they've had two weeks to prepare because of their BYE week. I also think Boller is a non-factor quarterback so this game may be won by either side's defense.

The Bills aren't as bad as their record suggests. They're 1-4 but given a little luck they could very well be 3-2 as they lost to Denver and Dallas by last second field goals.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really expect the NE/MIA game to be close. NE won't go undefeated though. Bottom line is they will lose at one point this year, most likely late in the season.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir
    I really expect the NE/MIA game to be close. NE won't go undefeated though. Bottom line is they will lose at one point this year, most likely late in the season.
    I'd rather it be vs miami than vs the colts, or in another important/powerhouse game. It's the game I least care about tbh lol, and I go to alot of pats games, near and far.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    No. They have huge names, and still have a horrid Pass D. Rivers shredded them bad. Same with Manning and such. They aren't as good as they should be.

Patron of Yin

BG Level

No. They have huge names, and still have a horrid Pass D. Rivers shredded them bad. Same with Manning and such. They aren't as good as they should be.
    As bad as you think their pass D is, I don't think Rivers is going to be shredding anyone. He played crappy against the Raiders for the love of god and greatly contributed to the Chargers' losses earlier in the season

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    As bad as you think their pass D is, I don't think Rivers is going to be shredding anyone. He played crappy against the Raiders for the love of god and greatly contributed to the Chargers' losses earlier in the season
    Uh. If he's not supposed to be shredding anyone, then why did he shred Denver's pass defense even with all their names? I mean.. it's not like 350 yards and 5 TDs like Brady, but i think he went for 270/2 TDs..which for him considering.. it's pretty damn good. I'm just saying, their pass defense is heavily overrated.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NE 2-5 on last 7 trips to miami! Do I think Miami will win? No. Would I be surprised if they did? No.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm just gonna guess Jags over Colts 24-21

Patriots will go undefeated until December 9th. Then they play a real team. Tom Brady will finally learn what it's REALLY like to be blitzed when he's got Polamalu flying headbutting him.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Patriots will go undefeated until December 9th. Then they play a real team. Tom Brady will finally learn what it's REALLY like to be blitzed when he's got Polamalu flying headbutting him.
    The Colts aren't a real team?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast