Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: PLD/RDM solo Operation Desert Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    PLD/RDM can also easily do Bugboy, but you'd need two other people to open the gate for you (which kind of defeats the purpose). I'm fairly sure you can also do the ISNM Shadows of the Mind in a similar fashion as Miyuu did this one, but I haven't seen anyone try it. Free shot at Khroma ore!
    Those puks hit hard ;x
    I did it last night and they only did 30-40 per hit on PLD/WAR. <_> Phalanx drops that to ~20 per hit, plus there are so many that you can kite them and they will rarely even attack (they trip over each other most of the time due to clipping plane). They only stay up for 45 seconds so you can despawn them easily this way.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Its probably doable, but it wont be nearly as easy, the puk's tp moves are pretty bad (aoe dispel + dmg clears shadows) and healing move that it can spam that restores like 1500+ hp... would be an interesting fight.

Has a PLD tried to solo Fenrir yet? I think that would be pretty doable, and I would find it pretty impressive.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba
    Has a PLD tried to solo Fenrir yet? I think that would be pretty doable, and I would find it pretty impressive.
    Yeah, I saw a video of that on Stage 6. Didn't seem hard, at all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The Puk was tough. It used mantle @95% HP and my Sentinel macro didn't fire off at all. I went down pretty much instantly. Quick way to lose 3000 IS. It might be doable though if things didn't go wrong. I will try again when I have more IS to blow (down to 15k now).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

FYI for Shadows of the Mind, from what I can remember Mantle goes off every 45 seconds and the shadows last 15-20 seconds? Its easily duoable with a BRD + MNK or NIN so I'd assume BRD + PLD is easy. Your BRD should just be in a lot of fastcast/haste gear, max lullaby merits and just be quick about shooting off horde lullaby. Hell I even did this without string because the puks pop so close together, but it did get a LOT safer for MNK or NIN with Nursemaids + a ton of string gear (resists aren't BAD but do happen sometimes. Also when the shadow puks pop they do so with Blink on so single target lullaby doesn't do anything but get agro.) I've trioed without breaking a sweat as MNK BRD RDM and when our RDM went down at the start cuz i missed a lullaby me and the MNK easily duoed it.

I bet you could do this as RDM/BLM maybe if you were REALLY fast casting Thundaga off. They take like triple damage so I heard one Thundaga usually drops them. I don't know how you would deal with dmg from the normal puk but sleep nuking it might work. Same may go for BLM/RDM or BLM/PLD. I do believe it still uses mantle every 45 seconds while asleep though.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Similli
    FYI for Shadows of the Mind, from what I can remember Mantle goes off every 45 seconds and the shadows last 15-20 seconds? Its easily duoable with a BRD + MNK or NIN so I'd assume BRD + PLD is easy. Your BRD should just be in a lot of fastcast/haste gear, max lullaby merits and just be quick about shooting off horde lullaby. Hell I even did this without string because the puks pop so close together, but it did get a LOT safer for MNK or NIN with Nursemaids + a ton of string gear (resists aren't BAD but do happen sometimes. Also when the shadow puks pop they do so with Blink on so single target lullaby doesn't do anything but get agro.) I've trioed without breaking a sweat as MNK BRD RDM and when our RDM went down at the start cuz i missed a lullaby me and the MNK easily duoed it.

I bet you could do this as RDM/BLM maybe if you were REALLY fast casting Thundaga off. They take like triple damage so I heard one Thundaga usually drops them. I don't know how you would deal with dmg from the normal puk but sleep nuking it might work. Same may go for BLM/RDM or BLM/PLD. I do believe it still uses mantle every 45 seconds while asleep though.
    Seen a rdm resist killing all the shadows with a tier1 ga before... so I really would not rely on pld/blm not resisting lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Actually I said BLM/PLD and maybe use sentinal/-dmg gear when the puks pop while you cast a -ga but I doubt you'd be able to kill the main puk fast enough to not have multiple Mantles, or have any time to rest MP.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

I fail at reading, still, we are talking in a solo thread not a duo/trio. If you were saying they could solo it as blm/pld the main one would prolly eat them. It hits hard.... like 2 shotted the blm we brought ;x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7