BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Dynamis - Bueacedine: Questions from new Linkshell

Hello BG, I run a rather new Dynamis LS on Remora (I know, shoot me now) and we've finally gotten our members their city wins and we have Beau. scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday. Anyway I have some questions that I couldn't find answered in all the usual guides/places to look (like this forum for example.)

1. From what I've gathered, farming mobs isn't relatively hard considering it's a pretty wide open area with plenty of room to move around if things get hairy (unlike Jeuno/Windurst,) but do the Beau. mobs have any new 'tricks' that should be known about? Just trying to see if anything other than the usual Echo's/RR/Poison pots need to be brought along.

2. The 4 statues, I understand just keep the boss from re-summoning the dragons if you defeat them, but the strategies I've read show kiting the dragons back to the very start, so is killing the statues necessary?

3. What job, or jobs are best for bringing the dragons back to the start? Since there's 4 of them, I'm curious if one person alone can handle getting hate on them, and if more than one person would be needed to kite them. If not what do you use to do this task?

4. Finally, since virtually everyone in the linkshell needs the win here, is it possible for the kiter to return in time after beating the boss to get the key item? Are there massive repops back up the path after the boss is defeated?

That's about all the questions I have, thanks for taking the time to answer them.

Redness

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Re: Dynamis - Bueacedine: Questions from new Linkshell

No new tricks. Some Hydra mobs way up top but don't worry about them atm.

THF Flees, attacks Eye Mega, Dragons pop and aggro THF. THF Flees back to the start. Have a PLD or NIN voke the Eye and simply hold it, do not damage it. Wait for the THF to make it close to the begining and then have your ally attack the Eye. Keeps pet on it as it warps, as soon as it warps the Dragons should come back to assist it. You prolly have about 10-15m to kill it before they get back. THF can simply run back behind the dragons and get the ???. Make them rr incase they die otw if they need key item. THF should have antidotes as well incase of poison from one of the dragons.

Ignore the statues unless you want to farm around them.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That, is exactly the info I needed, thank you very much Judai! Have a Ridill! :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh another question, are the dragons like pets, in that they depop once the boss is dead? Or do we still have to deal with them?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Calais Theron
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

The dragons will not despawn or deaggro. If you stick around you'll eventually have four very angry dragons chasing you down.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Calais~
    The dragons will not despawn or deaggro. If you stick around you'll eventually have four very angry dragons chasing you down.
    Ok, so are they like really badass dragons? Should we be quivering in fear? Would making 4 exp style parties and have one party take each into a seperate corner and deal with them work? Or, whats the strat there? Or would it be better to just drop glass and call it a day at that point?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The dragons are kinda nasty. If we go for Mega, we usually farm until we have about 30m left and then go kill the last few NMs to pop him and train/kill him and just drop glasses after. You might want to give yourself a bit more time since you are new.

Some LSes leave a doorman outside and just drop glasses and then get new ones outside and re-enter to keep farming. I don't think they even drop anything, never did the few times we bothered to kill them. Not really worth it unless you are bored.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I remember one time my shell tried to take on the dragons. We never did that again, or at least until I left. I assume they stuck to killing the eye and calling it a night.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

- THF shouldn't make any offensive actions on the eye. Hate is weird, and while the original provoker will get hate, soon after the eye might suddenly decide to run after the THF, making it very hard to kill the boss (since it's like, not there anymore). Just run in and aggro, all 4 dragons will be on him.

- It doesn't matter who gets the eye, as long as they are the only person to touch it. It'll just sit there, out of melee range, casting enfeebles on you until you start attacking it. At which point, when it decides to 2hr, it'll do Chainspell Death. Doesn't usually hurt too bad, especially considering the majority of the times you fight it, triggering the 2hr will also trigger a warp. When my LS was new, we just waited 45-50sec before re-engaging it, and hardly anyone ever died. Now, since the eye doens't last more than a minute or two, we just gank it.

- If you run the dragons to the very end, you get about 11 minutes before they make it back. You can get more, if the person who had hate when it warps dies. Each time this happens, the dragons will lose aggro until it warps again, and gets new hate on a different person. The dragons will be idle, just walking back at the end if the person who last had dragon hate when the eye died happens to be killed. I think dropping glass just transfers hate in this case.

- The THF who is running the dragons should have Flee timer up again just before they're ascending the ramp up to the Yagudo platform (same layer as you started on). Have them hold Flee until about the middle or top of the ramp, and use it there. Sometimes the dragons can cheat and cast breath attacks on him soon after that, and one of them can be Gravity, which Flee will overwrite (or in this case, cause Gravity to have no effect). Another option is just to save flee entirely, and use if you get Gravitied.

- A good group can kill the eye in about 1-3min, with moves like Angon/Feint and weapon skills/nuke volleys on top of that. 10 minutes is a safe guess for a new group. Since your THF needs the win, I'd start the boss pull around 30 minutes time, maybe 35. Our group does it easily with about 15 minutes left - 8 for dragon pull, 7 for win and click ???.

Last Dynamis - Beauc, we cleared the entire Goblin level, Quadav level, all but 4 NMs on the Orc level, and all but the Yagudo boss statue on the Yagudo level. Yielding 2 100 Bynes, and 8 AF2, we were pretty happy. That was done with 29, but we've been doing it a while. A safe route is killing towards the time extensions only, and ganking the Orc lake TE if the extra time is needed, from the Quadav level (as I mentioned in /tell ).

Dynamis - Beaucedine is definitely my favourite. Eyes are fun but a waste of time unless you're going for attestations.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Killing the statues and then the dragons is definately an advanced strategy for this place.

If you want to try it, and you are still fairly new to the zone, may I suggest a sac pull strategy?

The only mobs you need to kill to get the dragons to stop Resurecting is the large statues.

Anyhow, after you kill those 4, you can then setup a 4-6 man kiting team, to kite the dragons around at varioes distances away from the main group.

After you have that all set up, camp your melee and your mages at the ramp leading down to angra's area, then then blast the dragons one at a time on the ramp.

The mages shouldn't get hit by body slam by doing this, and you should be able to take them down.

The breath attacks are NASTY, so I suggest you have 2-3 mages hit them with stun while your melee run down into position for each dragon.. else a poorly timed breath can wipe you out.

Its fun.. but for your first couple times, I suggest you simply kite them the long long ways away, and get the win.

Also.. MAKE SURE your thief has a couple fucking antidotes.. else your run will end in hilarity.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Valrath
    I remember one time my shell tried to take on the dragons. We never did that again, or at least until I left. I assume they stuck to killing the eye and calling it a night.
    Same here.. We've tried to kill the dragons a few times. One time we managed to take down two of 'em before we wiped, but we've never managed to take out all four.

souleman

The only problem with the dragons is that they have really crappy directional AOE moves... And the fact that they drop absolutely nothing makes them not worth killing. There is a 99% chance someone will die to them, so why bother.

Only new thing to really look out for is Chainspell Death from the eye.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

has anyone tried killing the eye recently? Had 2 or 3 people who needed clear the other day so we went for it (after not having done it in months), but it decided to warp away from us, straight to the THF. I've never seen that happen before, ad I was wondering if others use having the Same problem or if someone on our end screwed up.

i'd say learn to walk before you try to run. target the timers. most don't need to be sac pulled, but burn out the ones you can from a distance, such as the south gob timer and the orc lake timer. train the dragons to the entrance and try to kite them as best you can till your thf gets back. they may do well to bring a couple pairs of powder boots or a hermes quencher to try to get ahead of the dragons (they won't be interested in him i don't think, so he should just be able to zoom past them unmolested and beat them to the ??? giving him time to get win and drop glass before he's munched by mean dragons.

souleman

It warped all the way to the puller? or warped then went up the hill after the puller?

I have never seen it warp to anyplace but the spawn area (that lower section), but have seen it warp near the ramp and start heading up the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by souleman
    It warped all the way to the puller? or warped then went up the hill after the puller?

I have never seen it warp to anyplace but the spawn area (that lower section), but have seen it warp near the ramp and start heading up the ramp.
    it was my understanding that warping was triggered every 20%, kinda like ultima's dissipation. the warp is also the trigger for the hate shift on the dragons iirc, with the dragons setting their hate on whomever it was that the eye had hate on when it warped. there should be no reason for it to ever go darting for the thf that i can think of if you aggro the eye properly, but hate in dyna is kinda strange on some things.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The best thing you can do when starting out in BCD for the first time is to actually run through Beaucedine with your group and establish the pathing through the zone.

If you're farming, there is no reason to go to the MB... some argue you don't even need to do the NM lake.

If you're going for the win, I'd suggest leaving yourself 30 minutes for the MB like someone else said.

In our Dynamis shell, we take two different paths when we farm and we kill MB.

For farming we do Yags -> Quads -> Snipe ext -> Cliff Orcs -> NM lake -> Land Orcs -> Gobs -> Hydra.

For wins where we need a flag, we do Yags -> Gobs -> Hydra -> Snipe Ext -> Land Orcs if time -> Cliff Orcs -> NM lake -> MB.

souleman

Spekkio... Thats correct. My post was a question to Ferien

New Merits
    BG Level

Ditto on thinking it's pointless to attack the dragons. If you win with lots of time left over, then drop glass and get new ones. If anyone is afk, you need to Warp them or else lingering dragon hate will get transmitted to the new people coming in (not pretty).

The problem with the dragons is their auto-TP effect. Every time I saw someone engage them, they IMMEDIATELY use Voidsong, which means no Utsu, no Reraise, etc. No comfortable way to fight in those conditions.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If at all possible, find a friend that has won Beaucedine already for training the Dragons...

That's what my LS did the first time... then I've trained them ever since.

Or, you can always do two Beaucedines in a row with a different person training the Dragons each time before moving on... especially if you are a new group, Xarcabard can be a rude awakening without experience.