Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

FFXI on a Secondary Monitor

I've recently discovered how to get my TV (non-HD, just 480p) to function as a secondary monitor for my PC. It's awesome to watch downloaded anime, movies, tv shows etc right there and I know I can get FFXI to display on it using the drag and drop thing. However, can I set up the Windower to run in fullscreen mode on my secondary display? I'm totally new to this multi-display thing, and would love to have it automatically launch on my TV.

Re: FFXI on a Secondary Monitor

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I believe the only way to do that would be to make your TV the primary monitor. You can do it relatively quickly by right clicking on your desktop -> properties and choosing the TV as the primary display. Unless you set it otherwise, all apps should launch on the TV. You can then change it back when you're done playing. This probably isnt what you were looking for, but just a thought

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

there is an app on windower.net forums to move it to 2nd monitor, geared towards gamepads

http://www.windower.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10503

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    I believe the only way to do that would be to make your TV the primary monitor. You can do it relatively quickly by right clicking on your desktop -> properties and choosing the TV as the primary display. Unless you set it otherwise, all apps should launch on the TV. You can then change it back when you're done playing. This probably isnt what you were looking for, but just a thought
    Just tried it, works perfectly. Thank you!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    windower plugin, WinControl

i use 2 19" widescreen LCD's, which have a native display res of 1440x900, I made two in-game macros, "W1" and "W2", describing which window (primary/secondary) that I want FFXI to display on

/console wincontrol move 0 0 = Macro "W1"
    This moves the game to my primary monitor
    /console wincontrol move 1440 0 = Macro "W2"
    This moves the game to my secondary monitor

Unless you're using windows vista, this will not work. Windows XP does not support 3D Hardware acceleration across two or more monitors simultaneously unless the application specifically supports it (e.g. World in Conflict "Dual Monitor" mode). FFXI doesn't support any form of dual-head/triple-head and if trying to use the above wincontrol plugin method of switching to another screen, you'll see your framerates drop into the 2-3 range (Out of 3D mode)

So you need Vista to use this method

Quote Originally Posted by Reality

i use 2 19" widescreen LCD's, which have a native display res of 1440x900, I made two in-game macros, "W1" and "W2", describing which window (primary/secondary) that I want FFXI to display on

[quote:30ean1bf]/console wincontrol move 1440 0 = Macro "W2"

Unless you're using windows vista, this will not work. Windows XP does not support 3D Hardware acceleration across two or more monitors simultaneously unless the application specifically supports it (e.g. World in Conflict "Dual Monitor" mode). FFXI doesn't support any form of dual-head/triple-head and if trying to use the above wincontrol plugin method of switching to another screen, you'll see your framerates drop into the 2-3 range (Out of 3D mode)

So you need Vista to use this method[/quote:30ean1bf]

Can you dual-box on vista with both screens active at full speed (with a speedy system of course)?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by ShinseiRyu

[quote:15h74r7r]/console wincontrol move 1440 0 = Macro "W2"

Can you dual-box on vista with both screens active at full speed (with a speedy system of course)?[/quote:15h74r7r]

I've done this before, albeit on XP. The secondary screen will have signifigant lag, but it isn't entirely unplayable. I used it for dual boxing and it worked fine. I was able to switch to the second char and cure, cast songs, ect with no problem. Don't expect to be able to dual box in whitegate or aery or anything like that. For solo or small group stuff though, it worked for me. Your results for Vista -should- be better, since Vista has better support for running 3D apps on dual screens.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by ShinseiRyu

[quote:3b8n3tro]/console wincontrol move 1440 0 = Macro "W2"

Can you dual-box on vista with both screens active at full speed (with a speedy system of course)?[/quote:3b8n3tro]

yeah 100% framerate dualboxing on each monitor in vista