+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: New Famitsu Scan     submit to reddit submit to twitter

assburgers
    BG Level

Re: New Famitsu Scan

Gladiator or Viking.

YYYEEEAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assault elements in a Besieged type free for all, sounds familiar.

Also: Don't look now, but the top right Yagudo ALSO has a Kikoku.

Er, actually the "Gladiator" has always been in FFXI, it's called Warrior: not only the design of the AF mask resembles the shape of the old Romano Empire soldiers' helmet (the cassis, I'm referring to the portion that covers the cheeks) but they also explicitly wear loricae, cossaliae (cosciali -> cuisses) and calligae (body pieces, protections for the legs and sandals typically used by gladiators and Romane legions on the battlefield) and if you take a look at the Fighter's/Warrior's set and compare it to the gladiators and centurions' armors from the 2nd century A.C. you'd be able to recognize a lot of similitudes (the equip of the former ones usually derived from the military counterparts), like the presence of manicae e spallacci detached from the body armor implemented to protect arms and shoulders.

Albeit their rehash of the old Romano Empire military equipment style is evidently filled with a ton of historical incongruences (since they mixed and meshed a lot of elements which were only partially related to each other and scattered through the centuries) and obviously had to deal with the look of the previous FF incarnations of the fighter class, the fact Warrior artifact armor design and appearance in general was inspired by gladiators (a group of which was called provocatores - provocatori -> provokers, so figures), centurions, legionnaires and so forth is very apparent and easily recognizable.

An image of a lorica muscolata, doesn't it look exactly like Fighter's Lorica?

Banned.

BG Level

Not only that but Warrior also covers Viking/Barbarian/Berserker pretty well too.

Quote Originally Posted by "Retrieving/C.D/Searain"

[url=http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/315/loricatuttaxx5.jpg
    An image of a lorica muscolata, doesn't it look exactly like Fighter's Lorica? [/url]
    Looks less gay then the AF gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level

i think it looks kind of gay due to the fact that historical berserkers would go into battle with little to no clothes on. i'm sure that had some influence on how much skin is shown through the armor.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aru
    i think it looks kind of gay due to the fact that historical berserkers would go into battle with little to no clothes on. i'm sure that had some influence on how much skin is shown through the armor.
    gulkeeva is a black mage, not a berserker

assburgers
    BG Level

Either way we're screwed.

Viking: FEAST!

Berserker: My love for you is like a truck! <Provoke>