+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Week 8 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: NFL Week 8 Picks

I hope the Broncos lose, though I'm partly biased as a Chargers fan. If the Broncos do play like they did last week against the Steelers, then they'll win. I think it'll be a close game just cause Farve can do the impossible, even with a lack of the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    As far as the Skins @ Patriots...wow...just wow. I'll continue to stand next to the statement that the only way to defeat the Pats is to limit them defensively while matching them offensively...
    Soo the only way to defeat the patriots is to make sure they score less than you, meanwhile you score more? That's so crazy it just MIGHT work.

/sarcasm off. Really though, only way I can see that happening is a few off interceptions or fumbles...I dont see play for play anyone beating the Pats, assuming they play a solid/typical game.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Well people say "Let's just make long drives and keep their offense off the field!"

Well after an 11 minute drive against the Colts that netted them 7 points.. Colts came back and scored 31 unanswered and didn't take long on some of their drives. The Patriots can wear you down with the little run they have, or make a quick strike. I'm not sure that works. The only way I can see them getting beat by a team that's not Indy is by them having 5 turnovers and the other team playing a perfect game.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Curious what people about this:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=3084539

Personally, I'm going to go with what some guy said in response, if you don't like the Pats embarrassing you, stop them.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Executing people? Psh. It's so quick and painless, it shouldn't matter. They may be running up the score, but with all the talk about them cheating and all, maybe they want to show that "cheating" isn't what got them all their championships and victories. Just like someone on ESPN said.. and you just said, if you don't like what they are doing, then stop them.

Mark Clayton is an annoying gnat anyway. I can't stand him.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    As far as the Skins @ Patriots...wow...just wow. I'll continue to stand next to the statement that the only way to defeat the Pats is to limit them defensively while matching them offensively...
    Soo the only way to defeat the patriots is to make sure they score less than you, meanwhile you score more? That's so crazy it just MIGHT work.

/sarcasm off. Really though, only way I can see that happening is a few off interceptions or fumbles...I dont see play for play anyone beating the Pats, assuming they play a solid/typical game.
    The point I'm trying to make is that no matter how good your offense is the Patriots are going to put up TDs. The premise before the Skins and Pats game was that the Skins would provide the Pats with a defensive challenge but the offense wouldn't be able to move the ball.

Demosthenes11

I am going to laugh my ass off when the patriots blow out the colts next week.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe

Personally, I'm going to go with what some guy said in response, if you don't like the Pats embarrassing you, stop them.
    Why is football the only sport that gets on the "running up the score" thing? Is this Pop Warner or the NFL? These guys are getting paid to win football games, not to make sure no one's feelings get hurt. I wholeheartedly agree that if teams want it to stop, they need to find a way to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Why is football the only sport that gets on the "running up the score" thing?
    You never heard of people complaining about Duke running up the score in college basketball?

But apparently running up the score in International basketball is okay when you're Team USA

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I just get this feeling that the patriots have been holding back, and they'll put up 40+ against the colts (who have the league's best pass D). Question is, can manning match those 40? I doubt it. Wouldnt be surprised to see a 43-28ish route. Wonder what the spread will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Wonder what the spread will be.
    Pats are favored 4.5 points according to the radio show I heard this morning.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Brady's in late in the 4th of a 38-0 game and gets his fuckin leg snapped intentionally.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    I'm going to laugh my ass off when Brady's in late in the 4th of a 38-0 game and gets his fuckin leg snapped intentionally.
    How is that even deserved? It's fucking professional football. A higher score really makes 0 difference in the W-L column, and after all teams in the league accuse you of cheating, you try and prove a point. If anyone thinks Brady deserves to get hurt because they want to score a meaningless 7 points needs to have their head examined and grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    A higher score really makes 0 difference in the W-L column, and after all teams in the league accuse you of cheating, you try and prove a point.
    What are they trying to prove? Since everybody seem to already talking about them being possibly the best team ever, scoring that extra touchdown doesn't prove squat. People are only saying that their past championships may be tainted, not this current godly team that they have now.

Demosthenes11

it doesn't change the fact it doesn't matter. If grown men can't do anything but cry about this, all I say his QQ more. If anyone put Brady out with a malicious hit, I hope his ass gets sued

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe

Why is football the only sport that gets on the "running up the score" thing? Is this Pop Warner or the NFL? These guys are getting paid to win football games, not to make sure no one's feelings get hurt. I wholeheartedly agree that if teams want it to stop, they need to find a way to get better.
    QFMFT.

The Redskins were supposed to have one of the best defensive units in the NFL. They probably do, against the rest of the league. The issue is that no one wants to admit the fact that the Patriots simply have a more solid all-around team than anyone else in the league, including the most ridiculous offensive machine I've ever seen. They just pick apart defenses, play by play, and there's no stopping it. And if your team's offense sucks (like the Redskins' apparently does) it doesn't matter if you have a good defense. It's only gonna get worse because you're gonna cause turnovers and punt and just give the Pats' Offense even more chances to score.

Ridill
    BG Level

How is that even deserved? It's fucking professional football. A higher score really makes 0 difference in the W-L column, and after all teams in the league accuse you of cheating, you try and prove a point. If anyone thinks Brady deserves to get hurt because they want to score a meaningless 7 points needs to have their head examined and grow up

And yet you think Brady should actually be in there to score a meaningless 7 points when the team is probably hopeless without him? There's one other QB in the world that can run that system anywhere remotely near that level, and that's Manning. Sure, they're a great team even if they had some halfass QB. But nobody's even beginning to talk about them even winning the super bowl, let alone going undefeated without Brady.

The fact of the matter is, if proving you're 45 points better than the Redskins instead of 38 is worth potentially sabotaging your entire team's chance at history, you deserve whatever you get, even if it does happen to be some 350 pound dude "stumbling" as they come out of a block and landing directly on his leg sideways.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Brady's not even playing in the 4th quarter if the Pats are up big. This will never happen. Every TD NE scores seems to go to Brady though, even on 3rd and goal they pass.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They did switch brady out at one point if noone has figured that out.

lol @ the "past championships are tainted" comment, welcome to the last few hundreds years of sports and competition.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    Brady's not even playing in the 4th quarter if the Pats are up big. This will never happen. Every TD NE scores seems to go to Brady though, even on 3rd and goal they pass.
    Pats have been up "big" in every game, and his backup has played next to zilch outside of this week. I'll also laugh my ass off if brady gets injured in the 4th quarter, not because they deserve it for running up the score, but because Belichik deserves it for being so fucking ignorant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast