Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Dragoons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Question for Dragoons

If i go Drg/blu will physical spells activate healing breath? Because using headbutt for healing breath would be pretty hot. Low mp, .5 casting time and quick recast ftw.

>:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Question for Dragoons

Head Butt does indeed trigger healing breath.

*Edit* Just to be sure though >_> I'm not a Drg. But it is true :wink:

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

There are 5mp blu spells you could use which would more mp efficient. Unless the stun was actually going off I don't think Head Butt would be better. And I haven't used /blu much on many jobs yet to find out just how often stun lands when it's subbed.

As far as I know anything subbed that has spells will trigger it. Ninjitsu, Bard Songs, and Magic. I am sure when Dancer is subbed it will be able to trigger HB as well in the expansion

If you can't do it when silenced, it triggers Healing Breath.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Also, just fyi, /blu counts as one of the subs that only triggers healing breath when you're under 33% hp.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Blue Mage is considered a Healing Support Wyvern when used as Sub Job (Healing Breath only occurs when magic is casted below 33% or 50%(with af-helm).

Paladin/Bard/Ninja/Dark Knight are considered the Multi-Purpose Wyvern when used as a Sub Job (Healing Breath only occurs when magic is casted below 25% or 33%(with af-helm).

I personally use /RDM. In the long run, it is more efficient. You get Protect 2 (which isn't as much defense as Cocoon, but lasts 30 minutes..) as well as, my favorites, sneak and invisible. Only thing Blue Mage has over Red Mage would be spells that cost 2MP less than Bar spells that activate at same speed, and ways to increase stats using magic.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

/BLU works the exact same as /WHM, /RDM, and /BLM, in that any spell cast when HP is at < 33% will trigger a Healing Breath. With AF1 helm, that goes up to 50%. Fast, low-cost, quick-recast spells such as Foot Kick, Power Attack, Sprout Smack, and Headbutt all make excellent triggers. It's a very good soloing sub, but not quite as good as the others when it comes to supporting a PT, as the only truly viable trigger spell when not engaged is Pollen.

I use /BLU for most of my soloing, but it lacks some of the nice perks that come along with the other mage subs. /WHM and /BLM have additional mobility (Teleports and Warp can both be Godsends), while /WHM and /RDM give you sneak/invis to help save yourself a few gil. You also should consider that physical BLU magic gives mobs additional TP, so expect a few more TP moves than when using other mage subs.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yes but for me /blu means i dont have to level whm or rdm to 37 =p

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by karril
    Yes but for me /blu means i dont have teleports, erase, *na spells, RR, protect/shell =p
    fixed

[/bias]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Head Butt works. But like other people hinted at, the 5mp spells (Foot Kick, Power Attack) don't use as much MP. I still keep Head Butt equipped in case I need a stun though.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar
    Only thing Blue Mage has over Red Mage would be spells that cost 2MP less than Bar spells that activate at same speed, and ways to increase stats using magic.
    /Blu also gives more HP.

I generally prefer /Whm because of -na spells, Erase, Sneak, Invis & Teleports, but I also use /Blu at times for harder fights.

I perfer /rdm for quick spamming of Healing Breath with barspells for 6mp while not targeting a mob and feeding it tp. I get protect and shell...and a boost to the element the mob likes to use since most of the time I do not need to spam HB faster then the cool down of any one Barspell. Dia II is nice to pull with + the defense down. My GF tends to go /whm for Reraise and raise and spams dia or poisona. I use /Blu sometimes for lance burns for extra stats, but Cocoon can be a pain to cast every minute. And /blm or /whm only when Im running around doing stuff and need the lift.

I think my greatest set back is other people understanding how it works. You tend to get stupid fucks that think they can out run a mob and pull it all over the place so A) you can't hit it to get hate and B) can't cure them cause they run out of range every other second. Yet when people do behave its a beautiful thing to see.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

/BLU lets you set spells for stats, and you can probably get a job trait or 2 out of the deal as well.