BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (All servers?) Malithar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

(All servers?) Malithar

Account has been mine for the past 4 years 9 months, but as of today (or Tuesday?) the account has left my control. Logged off Tuesday night after lvling Drk sub some, only to find my account suspended the next day. No warnings, no messages, nothing the night before. Figured the suspension came from sending gil/items from three of my RL friends accounts that I had recently gotten from them quitting. Called SE to verify, and they couldn't give any details due to that being the GM's department, and not theirs. Only detail they could give was that I was suspended for using "third party programs to automate actions." Never have used any third party program outside of a nearly 1 year old version of windower that doesn't support any plugins. Nor given my account info to anyone other than my RL fiancee.

Fast forward three anxious days of waiting, and I log in to an incorrect password/account number message. Called SE asap only to find that the credit card/address had been changed. Best I can think of is that due to the password change to 8+ characters, someone was trying to get into some accounts. Due to being suspended, I couldn't log in to change the password, and it was reset to something stupid like 2xlast4digits. Or, could be that after I logged out after the night of lvling Drk, I was hacked, the hacker proceeded to use some bot to ship shit off of myself, or god knows what, and got suspended before being able to change my address/credit card. Since I couldn't log in anyways, even the password may of still been the same, I have no idea. It would explain why SE was still able to give me some info about my suspension when I was asked that information, rather than being told that the info was wrong. SE could also not give me the exact time at which my suspension was up, so its possible that the hacker was told the date/time that the suspension would be up, thus having time to log in and change everything before I awoke this morning. Both of these still leave out the "how?" though.

Account info was never given out over PMs, IMs, ectect. I have three other accounts on my computer, so I doubt my computer was hacked and the other three left alone. Same for my fiancee's computer, neither her nor her friend's account was touched.

Either way, be on the watch out on Ramuh/any server (CC is free of server transfer charges, so its either still on Ramuh, or they changed CCs before shifting)

Main name: Malithar
    Jobs: 57 BLM 75 WAR 75 BLU 37 SAM/NIN/DRG/THF 30 WHM/DRK
    Notable equipment: 7/8 HQ Staves (no water), full Cannonball setup (Auditory Torque, Wivre Mask, ectect, they may not even know what the eq is for..) Suppa, Rajas, Homam head, Brutal Earring, Boxer's Mantle, Perdu Hanger, 3/5 WAR AF2 missing body/legs, very little equipment for WAR outside of Hauberk, Bomb Core, Exocist Hose, that doesn't carry over to BLU as well. 4.5 mil~ish liquid gil at the time.

Accomplishments: Captain rank, Zilart finished, COP finished, ToAU finished, all HNM titles other than wyrms and Hydra, 4/5 Yigit was 600ish away from Yigit Hands from Mamool Ja Training Grounds, 80 in all storage areas, 60 inventory, all San d'Oria quests (other than Lu Shang's) and missions completed. Nothing else comes to mind. Edit: All 9 Einherjar feathers as well as Mark of the Einherjar. Was suspended the day before DH's Odin run.. -.-

Elvaan Male face 2 hair B, short haired, straggley black haired model.

Sorry for the low post count and the wall o'text, posting mainly as a warning to look out for anyone trying to join your LS under this description. If possible, would be somewhat nice to get a post back as well if you spot anyone like this. As of this moment, this character is the only one named Malithar across all servers that has made use of the Jeuno AH. If any other details are needed, please PM or post back.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Re: (All servers?) Malithar

Malitaurrr ; ;

Omg, what the hell??? Malithar. ; ; Are you going to try restarting or are you gone for good? >.<

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hey Malithar, are you leaving?