Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Moghancement priority between tied furnishings

I've asked this question before in a variety of places, and every time I've been misunderstood. I am not asking how a Moghancement is figured, I know that already. My question is, how is precedence determined when there are two highest-ranked furnishings of the same element and equal strength?

Just for the sake of examples, if I had a Mog House that was bare except for two furnishings, which Moghancement would I get between:

- Emeralda (Alchemy) and Bastokan Flag (Bastok Conquest), since both are Lightning strength 9?
    - Caisson (Gardening) and Bureau (Earth), since both are Earth strength 3?

And so on. The best guess I have is that there is some type of precedence order among Moghancements. From anecdotal evidence, it seems like a National Conquest Moghancement always overrides a Craft Skill Moghancement (much to my dismay.) But the information I have to draw from is very limited.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Re: Moghancement priority between tied furnishings

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    I've asked this question before in a variety of places, and every time I've been misunderstood. I am not asking how a Moghancement is figured, I know that already. My question is, how is precedence determined when there are two highest-ranked furnishings of the same element and equal strength?

Just for the sake of examples, if I had a Mog House that was bare except for two furnishings, which Moghancement would I get between:

- Emeralda (Alchemy) and Bastokan Flag (Bastok Conquest), since both are Lightning strength 9?
    - Caisson (Gardening) and Bureau (Earth), since both are Earth strength 3?

And so on. The best guess I have is that there is some type of precedence order among Moghancements. From anecdotal evidence, it seems like a National Conquest Moghancement always overrides a Craft Skill Moghancement (much to my dismay.) But the information I have to draw from is very limited.
    I have not tested this, however I believe it is the first thing you put in your moghouse. Should be easily testable, however I don't have the time, maybe someone else can help you there. Also not sure if you added both at same time... Might choose the one by alphabet

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It was a very long time ago, and I don't remember the exact setup I had, but at one point I could switch between bonecraft moghancement and bastokan conquest by taking out both and then putting them back in in a different order.

I believe that I had to take both out, then put the one I wanted in, exit the layout menu (getting the moghancement: X message), then put the other one in. I could have it backwards though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If that's true, I have to thank you so so much. I want to have my Windurstian Flag up as a point of pride, but I'd like to have Moghancement Cooking Skill. Can someone verify that this is true?

You would get neither one. In fact, you would get Moghancement: Lightning.
    As weird as it sounds, that's how it works - if you have 2 strongest furnishings from the same element, they cancel each other out and give you the moghancement of their respective element instead.

The above seems true from my experience as well. When I beat ToAU and got the Imperial Standard, I tried to see how easily I could get Moghancement: Conquest from it. After an hour of muling stuff and making room, I finally got fire element as the strongest, only to discover that it tied my Sandy flag and would only give me Moghancement: Fire.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

All right, in the face of conflicting stories and evidence, it's time for our good friend Science! As I write this post, I am getting out a Freshwater Aquarium and a The Big One. Both are water strength 5. The aquarium has Gardening Moghancement, the stuffed fish has Fishing Moghancement. I will now transfer these to a mule character who has no furnishings and place them, attempting to test each claim seen in this thread. Between each test I will remove all furnishings and return the Mog House to base state.

Test 1: Freshwater Aquarium only
    Result: Gardening

Test 2: The Big One only
    Result: Fishing

Test 3: Aquarium placed first, exit layout screen, then place The Big One
    Result: Water

Test 4: The Big One placed first, exit layout screen, then place Aquarium

Conclusions:
    Ties nullify both Moghancements and give you the one for that element, as said above. Square Enix is a bunch of cruel bastards. I really hate being forced to choose between getting a useful Moghancement and showing the furnishings that I'm proud of.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

All right, in the face of conflicting stories and evidence, it's time for our good friend Science! As I write this post, I am getting out a Freshwater Aquarium and a The Big One. Both are water strength 5. The aquarium has Gardening Moghancement, the stuffed fish has Fishing Moghancement. I will now transfer these to a mule character who has no furnishings and place them, attempting to test each claim seen in this thread. Between each test I will remove all furnishings and return the Mog House to base state.

Test 1: Freshwater Aquarium only
    Result: Gardening

Test 2: The Big One only
    Result: Fishing

Test 3: Aquarium placed first, exit layout screen, then place The Big One

Test 4: The Big One placed first, exit layout screen, then place Aquarium

Conclusions:
    Ties nullify both Moghancements and give you the one for that element, as said above. Square Enix is a bunch of cruel bastards. I really hate being forced to choose between getting a useful Moghancement and showing the furnishings that I'm proud of.
    yep. that's one of the reasons i send all my toy furnishings to my mules, plus i'm in their MH far more often than my own, so i get to enjoy them more.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    yep. that's one of the reasons i send all my toy furnishings to my mules, plus i'm in their MH far more often than my own, so i get to enjoy them more.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work for a Windurstian Flag and a Cordon Bleu Set.

In response to "Why didn't you level cooking on a mule?", I didn't want to have to level a mule to NIN57 so as to be able to equip Hocho.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    Unfortunately, that doesn't work for a Windurstian Flag and a Cordon Bleu Set.

In response to "Why didn't you level cooking on a mule?", I didn't want to have to level a mule to NIN57 so as to be able to equip Hocho.
    Its a good thing that 109 Cooking makes you Tier Crap on anything of importance right?