Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ashira

Re: People who buy accounts - a question regarding them

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanss
    I read most of this but skipped a few pages so a random guy buys a war /ridill , drk / kraken which takes no skill to use but would be a great acess to any ls most if not HNMLS leaders would scoop him up in a second maybe i'm wrong but i feel I'm correct on this.

Edit : or shit even Brd/relic horn
    Pld/Ageis ...but these take a certain amount of skill to play
    i've seen enough bad Ridill WARs to know for a fact you're wrong.

and lol @ skill and relic horn.

Many many bad Ridill WARs. Many. SOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOo many.

And I don't see too well how exactly a Ridill WAR would be so much enhancement to an LS that a leader would be completely unable to ignore them and have to snatch them up. I think we've turned down a few. /shrug

And I hate assholes who don't think there is any difference between one BRD and another. Work with a good BRD and you won't want any old BRD anymore.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    I read most of this but skipped a few pages so a random guy buys a war /ridill , drk / kraken which takes no skill to use but would be a great acess to any ls most if not HNMLS leaders would scoop him up in a second maybe i'm wrong but i feel I'm correct on this.

And I don't see too well how exactly a Ridill WAR would be so much enhancement to an LS that a leader would be completely unable to ignore them and have to snatch them up. I think we've turned down a few. /shrug

And I hate assholes who don't think there is any difference between one BRD and another. Work with a good BRD and you won't want any old BRD anymore.
    I agree with you but you don't think Ridill Wars are good enhancement's to ls's? There was a thread awhile back that put it well the more ebody/ridll wars you have faster kills, less deaths, happier ls's.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Last night some people in my ls put together a mid-60's party. The random whm they picked up asked "how do you outpost? i haven't done that yet"

What I've experienced is that bought accounts typically follow the example I just mentioned. I understand why people buy accounts, they don't want to put in all the time that everyone else has. Especially if they had previously leveled another character and quit/sold/got banned or whatever. Sky you can get in a day, but sea is a journey in iteself. My LS tries to stay away from bought accounts. Others don't.

Sippin' on Goblin Drink
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira

I agree with you but you don't think Ridill Wars are good enhancement's to ls's? There was a thread awhile back that put it well the more ebody/ridll wars you have faster kills, less deaths, happier ls's.
    Ridills overrated. I've no doubt in the hands of a good WAR it'd be impressive, but post-2h patch, I doubt it's game changing. A guy spec'd and skilled for WAR/SAM Great Axe with Ares vs a guy spec'd and skilled for WAR/NIN Ridill with Ebody would probably rival one another for lead in a parse. Great Axe would would win in situations where you want to limit mob TP gain, and most HNMs. Ridill would win early on in salvage and Hydra for an increased frequency of strikes for more chances at crit.
    /tangent off

Ridill's not an enhancement to an LS, unless the player behind it has a clue and merits, and gears appropriately. I've seen maybe one guy with a Ridill who fit that criteria.
    If someone buys a Ridill WAR, KC DRK, Gjesus BRD or Aegis PLD, I severely doubt they'd be an asset to any LS. Maybe 1% would be a cool guy who had severe, bizarre circumstances that deleted his previous excellent geared, meritted, multi75 account; and who then received the account from a RL friend on another server who quit and gave him the account.
    I suspect 99% would be no-talent assclowns who would be a detriment to any decent LS.

Anyone who seeks the instant gratification of purchasing a 75 account, is probably not the type you'd want to deal with for an extended period of time in FFXI. You need a degree of whimsy and laissez-faire to be able to survive the atrocious and deliberately asinine drop rates this game possesses. I doubt a bought 75 is going to be a guy who reduces the annoyances of enduring 0/40 Dekkas. 10 to 1 if that bought 75 has a Ridill WAR and 3-4 other 75s, the retard on the other end is going to be the type that sees something any of those jobs he has levelled can use, and will ask "Can I lot?". Even if the LS has no idea he even had BLM levelled and it's never been seen and he doesn't like it.
    I just believe that they'd lack the necessary common sense and care for the group to be less than a hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul
    So, is buying a character RMT? Yes, absolutely. Does it screw up other people's experience in the same way other RMTing does. Nope, not really. Is it against the TOS? Yes, but so is Windower. Which everyone reading this who plays FFXI and doesn't play on a PS2 or Xbox360 uses.
    PC user. Don't use Windower or any 3rd party programs. Build the next straw man with stronger materials, please- I don't need Windower, fun though it'd be to have and can wait for SE to produce their own.

Yes, buying characters is RMTing. Yes, even if you use that new character nicely, it's wide open for fraud and abuse, and has been before- we've seen the threads where someone buys a character, then rips off their old friends/LS/whatever. Or suddenly Uberboy turns into N00bman as most of his R/Ex gear gets to the Jeuno AH or mule-sold...but most folks don't find out until that guy who kicked butt suddenly is failing on Promy-Dem. Just because you can play nice, doesn't mean other folks can, will, or do- and certainly don't.

It's fraud, pure and simple. Even for a good cause, and leaving the door open for folks like yourself means that for every one of you, many more screw up the game. No. Just, please, no.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

If you're a user, it seems more likely that you wouldn't give a crap about RMT, or bought accounts, so long as they're useful to you.

If you're not a user, it seems more likely that you would be bothered by this kind of activity, whether or not it had any impact on you directly.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I bought my friend lunch at Old Country Buffet and he gave me his 66PUP, true story.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cornmando
    I bought my friend lunch at Old Country Buffet and he gave me his 66PUP, true story.
    Is the food THAT bad?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ryko is missing the point that the reason he had 130m is because of RMT. It's not like he had 130m lying around then *boom*, overnight inflation making his Aegis way more expensive than it should have been.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin
    Ryko is missing the point that the reason he had 130m is because of RMT. It's not like he had 130m lying around then *boom*, overnight inflation making his Aegis way more expensive than it should have been.
    And you're missing the point that without it I wouldn't have needed said 130 mill in the first place. It works both ways and I was more than capable of making the sponsorship fee both before and after RMT's started getting bombed so...

Black Belt
    BG Level

Exactly, it does go both ways. RMT/rusty cap-induced inflation caused sponsoring to be a hell of a lot more efficient as well. Easy and highly efficient sponsorship and high currency prices vs. today's more difficult sponsorship but lower currency prices makes it hard to claim RMT actually dicked you over in any way.

Because you weren't a crafter back then and still aren't, it's easy to determine you made that 130m primarily off of (BC/KS)NM drops which were driven astronomically high due to gilbuyers and inflation, so in that sense you benefited from it all (whereas today the only real big-cash drops are infitismal Speed Belt and KC BCNM drops- Arthro down, striders dead, alkys/pallas dead, okote down, PCC down, big synth mats down, and so on. while there are still small fortunes to be made hqing dusk, cursed -1, etc). If anything you could argue that RMT countermeasures and resulting deflation dicked you over depending on any outstanding debt.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm eagerly awaiting Ryko's rebuttal.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Personally, I don't see the difference between selling your account on eBay versus selling your old used Zelda game for Nintendo if your not going to play anymore.

Aside from the fact it's the agreement you're forced to abide by to play the game, there is no real arguement. I've seen plenty of people that have leveled their own personal character up from nothing and at level 75 still don't know what they're doing. Just the same as I've known many people who bought an account and take down some of the games more challenging aspects. There isn't just one point of view, it goes both ways.

Everyone that plays this game puts alot of their own personal time into developing their character, and maybe I'm wrong but I think that's worth something. Even though the subject is a video game, this is the real world. Unfortuantely, it's not fair to everyone all the time and ultimately the one with the most money gets what they want. I can imagine it's frustrating to want something in the game and see someone buy gil and get it before you, but that's life. Not everyone can afford what they want or get it when they want it. This isn't the only place it happens, nor the only game.

Every game has this aspect, it's part of the MMORPG world. All the way back to Diablo, Ultima Online, Everquest, and all the other innovators of online gaming -- the market exists. If you choose not to accept it, the market will still be there.

The valid arguements pertain to monoplization of farming spots, fishing bots, NMs, HNMs, Sky Gods, etc... I think there are far more serious issues that need to be dealt with, in this particular game, than wasting all of your thinking genious on this one. In a perfect world, there would be no gil/account buying/selling because all things would be equal. However, this world is far from perfection and even further from equality.

Banned.

BG Level

We should make a thread for known bought accounts sticky in that server transfer forum. If people are okay with it, then let them be, but I'm sure not everyone is. Personally, I think its low, perhaps only account-stealers and RMT itself are lower.

Also Firas
    BG Level

There is so much say about this, but "whatever man", just whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiae
    Personally, I don't see the difference between selling your account on eBay versus selling your old used Zelda game for Nintendo if your not going to play anymore.
    since when did Zelda for NES become a MMORPG?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    It's called an analogy, they're both video games.

Honestly, I would love to hear any valid reason as to what the real problem with buying/selling accounts is. All I ever see or hear is regurgitation of popular ideas, because noone will stand up to argue what they believe out of fear for rejection or consequences. How does it affect 'Joe Average Player' when an account is sold/purchased? And how do some of you come up with your rationalization of, "It's 'OK' if a friend gives it to you, but if you spend money on it then it becomes evil?" I'm not looking for 'Cry Me a River' stories of how it's not moral, fair, or against the ToS but some form of evidence that it directly affects normal players in a negative way, who don't buy/sell accounts, that wouldn't exist in any other form.

It's called an analogy.
    it's a bad one, and you should feel bad.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

It's called an analogy.

Do elaborate...

It's called an analogy.

Do elaborate...
    Selling a FFXI character on ebay effects the 4,000~ other people playing on a server in some way or another. Selling a game cartridge for a 20 year old single player game does not effect other people paying to play the same game.

FFXI character =/= 20 year old game cart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast