BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: People who buy accounts - a question regarding them

I can sympathize with people selling their accounts. I mean look at this way: If you have any sort of king body and multiple jobs at 75 and you are thinking about quitting, why not pawn it off for 600 bucks? When you do the math and subtract your monthly payments, you make about 150-200 dollars for sitting around playing a game.

Some people just have to decide if they would feel ok with someone who may or may not be a complete retard messing with your character you worked to make great. But if you are serious on quitting, you shouldn't really care any more anyway.

Not advocating the selling or buying of accounts in any shape or form, but I know damn well why people do it.

On another note, I know a couple people that have "RMT"'d accounts and are incredible people and one is one of the better players on all of Bahamut I'd say. Regardless of whether he bought his account or not, it is somebody I would definitely want in my LS because he is better than 90% of the server population...

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    On another note, I know a couple people that have "RMT"'d accounts and are incredible people and one is one of the better players on all of Bahamut I'd say. Regardless of whether he bought his account or not, it is somebody I would definitely want in my LS because he is better than 90% of the server population...
    gonna name names?

Also Firas
    BG Level

please do

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tryon, didn't actually buy it thats why I put RMT in quotes, is one of the most skilled players I have ever worked with.
    Hulktified is the other, he is just an all around good player and was one of the reasons Government was so successful back in their glory days.

Tryon, didn't actually buy it thats why I put RMT in quotes, is one of the most skilled players I have ever worked with.
    Hulktified is the other, he is just an all around good player and was one of the reasons Government was so successful back in their glory days.
    mm never played with tryon but from what I've heard he didn't buy the account iirc, I do remember someone bashing him for it recently on here though.
    How many ppl have played the Hulktified character now? 3?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I knew the original owner, he sold it in Kinzuru because he went on a trip to somewhere and decided to like...not come back. Pretty sure he used the money to buy drugs. The person that bought it was Bukkoruso (Or his brother or something...) I'm pretty sure, he eventually sold it and bought Furiex's old character instead. The new and current owner is who I am talking about in the above post.

The person that bought it was Bukkoruso (Or his brother or something...) I'm pretty sure, he eventually sold it and bought Furiex's old character instead.
    Vid's character was being held by someone(don't remember name atm) while he was on vacation, and the douche sold it. A trade was arranged when vid got back and found out what was up, they swapped furiex for vid. He changed the name to Bukkoruso for some damned reason, but the character got banned.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would like to know about Bukkorosu myself. I'm sure he posted on these forums a while back. So the bukkorosu character was an original character or, that character was named furiex and the name was changed to bukkorosu?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

[quote=Remy0]
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiae
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0
    Quote Originally Posted by "Xiae":w9datgj3
    Personally, I don't see the difference between selling your account on eBay versus selling your old used Zelda game for Nintendo if your not going to play anymore.
    since when did Zelda for NES become a MMORPG?
    It's called an analogy.
    it's a bad one, and you should feel bad.

Do elaborate...
    Selling a FFXI character on ebay effects the 4,000~ other people playing on a server in some way or another. Selling a game cartridge for a 20 year old single player game does not effect other people paying to play the same game.

FFXI character =/= 20 year old game cart[/quote:w9datgj3]

Please, elaborate on how it affects the 4,000~ other people on the server.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Please, elaborate on how it affects the 4,000~ other people on the server.
    No one should have to. But since you're too dense to get it... you're a part of your server's economy, every time you buy or sell something you have an effect on everyone that's on your server.
    Anytime you kill an NM, you have an effect on the people on your server because then they can't kill it(until it repops), etc.

Basically anytime you do anything, you have some kind of effect on someone, no matter how small it is. Add up all that small shit, and you've made a sizable impact on your server, even if you don't realize it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Based on your definition of the problem with account buying; everyone suffers when an account is purchased or sold because the account in question will be killing NMs making other players wait for repops...

If you're referring to inflation from gil buying/selling, then I fully understand inflation and deflation. However, the only time I see it will affect players not involved is the transition perdiod where the value of gil stabalizes. If you hate RMT so much for pouring all the currency into the game, how do you feel about SE taking the same quantity out? All of your hard work saving for whatever item just to find out it's worth half as much now. Essentially it all has the same value, and that value is based on real world currencies.

The account that has been purchased was already in your servers economy, and by taking it out completely when someone quits would cause more of an impact then if it were sold.

Please don't take anything I say offensively, it's not how I intend it to be, I really would like to understand your point of view on this. If it's the ToS that you're fighting to preserve, I can understand. Morals, ethics, right or wrong... I can even appreciate that. I just want to know what it is that makes it so bad to you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I simply answered the question you asked.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    No one should have to.
    Then what is the point of an internet forum, and more importantly this thead?

Anytime you kill an NM, you have an effect on the people on your server because then they can't kill it(until it repops), etc.
    Are we assuming that the previous account owner never killed NMs?

Basically anytime you do anything, you have some kind of effect on someone, no matter how small it is. Add up all that small shit, and you've made a sizable impact on your server, even if you don't realize it.
    Presuming that the account was already in the game, which is what would give it value to begin with, the only way it would negatively impact the other players would be by taking it out completely.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The problem with buying and selling accounts is that it immediately moves the game into an monetary situation where a lot of people simply don't want to be in, and they did not agree too. Most people really don't want to help someone get an item, or participate in events to increase the final resale value of a character. In an extreme case it's like an ls sponsored relic being sold, a lot of work and faith by others being turned into a few extra bucks.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    The problem with buying and selling accounts is that it immediately moves the game into an monetary situation where a lot of people simply don't want to be in, and they did not agree too. Most people really don't want to help someone get an item, or participate in events to increase the final resale value of a character. In an extreme case it's like an ls sponsored relic being sold, a lot of work and faith by others being turned into a few extra bucks.
    Thank you, that makes a little more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    I would like to know about Bukkorosu myself. I'm sure he posted on these forums a while back. So the bukkorosu character was an original character or, that character was named furiex and the name was changed to bukkorosu?

Vid's character was being held by someone(don't remember name atm) while he was on vacation, and the douche sold it. A trade was arranged when vid got back and found out what was up, they swapped furiex for vid. He changed the name to Bukkoruso for some damned reason, but the character got banned.
    Furiex was the original character the owner quit about a year and a half ago, the above happened about a year ago. either way bukko got banned by the STF in January.

@Xiae I was asleep, but they answered it fairly well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If it's a bought account, I'll just blist them and refuse to associate with them. They don't get angry, and I don't get a headache.

by Gathzel on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:50 am

Firas_Gattz wrote:
    ^_^
    Those statements are very serious for a game, or a character in a game. Spending several years in a game is never, ever an accomplishment..its just wasting time. This is the mistake we do, spend so much time in FFXI, that we start to think that this is actually important to us, lol.
    Apologies if i offended you.

If you wanna get really philosophical about this, everything we do in life is wasting time since we'll all die in the end and the universe will keep on turning whether we exist or not. So from an objective non-spiritual standpoint all human activity is pointless.
    From a subjective standpoint, we all invest our lifetime in various activities, usually divided into work/sleep/leisure. We do things that feel meaningful to us and thus create our own reason to be. It doesn't matter if it's playing golf, collecting stamps, making home videos, raising children, knitting or playing video games, subjectively it's all equally meaningful or meaningless. If the person you were referring to (and I expect a good many other players) chose to invest a few years of lifetime into this and really put his life and soul into it, who are you to judge if it's wasting time or not?
    Not if you christian
    And uh, I'd just like to add that personally, Spending 2 bi-weekly paychecks > spending 300+ playtime on ffxi getting mutiple lvl 75 jobs and/or Ridill
    I dunno I might be crazy, but I value my time. And uh, most account buyers are experienced players that have been banned or came back from a break, I'm super serial.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by damet
    I dunno I might be crazy, but I value my time.
    try speeding and telling that to the cops.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by damet
    I dunno I might be crazy, but I value my time.
    try speeding and telling that to the cops.
    The police actually enforce the law in regards to speeding though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast