BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: People who buy accounts - a question regarding them

And, let me ask, is it possible to change the name to a char, w/o shifting server?

I heard once, a guy got his char deleted and when he recreated it, ther was another player with his old name so he had to change it. Is it possible?

MaachaQ

Definitely possible, I know someone who had almost the same thing happen. His character was stolen, the guy deleted the chara after looting sellables, then created a mule with the name of the stolen chara. After lvling the mule a bit (and all the old guy's friends asking this new mule what the hell was going on), he un-deleted the old chara and had the name changed. Same server, same chara (with all ra/ex stuff intact), new name. But when the original owner got his chara back (don't ask me how, I'm not quite sure myself), he was told by GMs that he could not change his name again. Something about only allowing 1 name change per chara. If he had jumped servers perhaps he could change name again, but I'm not sure after what the GM said...

by layoneil on Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:17 pm

[quote:18sq9mlx]damet wrote:
    I dunno I might be crazy, but I value my time.
    try speeding and telling that to the cops.[/quote:18sq9mlx]

Uh, if you put it in that context, then everyone's gotten a speeding ticket and uh that's nothing to be ashamed of or looked down upon. Therefore, no one should be looking down upon people with bought accounts. In fact if someone tells you in game that the account they have is bought, then you should treat it just like if someone in real life told you he just got a speeding ticket, which is like nothing.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by damet
    Uh, if you put it in that context, then everyone's gotten a speeding ticket and uh that's nothing to be ashamed of or looked down upon. Therefore, no one should be looking down upon people with bought accounts. In fact if someone tells you in game that the account they have is bought, then you should treat it just like if someone in real life told you he just got a speeding ticket, which is like nothing.
    i don't disagree with that really, i've outlined my opinions in an earlier post (page 3).

it's not really the speeding or the actual account buying that bothers me, it's the reasons behind it or the things that could result from it.

if you're speeding because you're drunk, if you're speeding because you were just in a hit and run, i think it's fair for me to be very wary of you as a person.

in the same sense, if you bought an account because your other character got banned, than i have every right to be wary of that character and the person playing it.

if a 14 year-old was speeding, i wouldn't want to be anywhere near the street.

if someone who's highest level job was 40 and now has a 75, i wouldn't want to be in his PT.

the action itself isn't horrible, but more often than not the reason they do it makes them questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    i don't disagree with that really, i've outlined my opinions in an earlier post (page 3).

it's not really the speeding or the actual account buying that bothers me, it's the reasons behind it or the things that could result from it.

if you're speeding because you're drunk, if you're speeding because you were just in a hit and run, i think it's fair for me to be very wary of you as a person.

in the same sense, if you bought an account because your other character got banned, than i have every right to be wary of that character and the person playing it.

if a 14 year-old was speeding, i wouldn't want to be anywhere near the street.

if someone who's highest level job was 40 and now has a 75, i wouldn't want to be in his PT.

the action itself isn't horrible, but more often than not the reason they do it makes them questionable.
    Ok agian, that is kind of out of context. I mean speeding can kill, and therefore needs to be taken more seriously. In fact, we shouldn't even be comparing this with something like speeding. And in all honesty, where in the world did this idea of a noob that's highest job is >40 are the ones that buy accounts. I mean seriously, I have yet to meet a bought account where the buyer was a noob and just started playing ffxi less than 2 months ago (this excludes gilfarmers). Like I said, people that buy accounts (prob 95%) are experienced players that once had a 75 job, was banned, quit, sold his account and wants to come back, or just needs a mule to watch HNM for an LS. And somewhere in this thread I read someone saying that they wouldn't want to play with a player that botted. LOL, please get over this botting thing. And if your in an HNMLS, I don't give a shit how legit you think your LS is, someone in your LS bots. And please, FFXIapp isn't the only bot out there, and really it sucks, If FFXI wasn't laggy at all in DA, you could do just a well of a job claiming as FFXIapp, most likely better of a job. Anyways you don't even have to read/believe/understand all that shit I just wrote, the bottom line is, if you haven't learned yet, nothing in life is fair, and if you want to be the best, you have to find shortcuts, step on people, lie, and cheat (this includes reality and virtual). If you don't, others will and you will be left in the dust, and don't tell me karma will come back and haunt them lol.

Speaking of shitty analogies how can you compare a drunk driver to someone who is banned and buying an account...

Black Belt
    BG Level

Spending 2 bi-weekly paychecks > spending 300+ playtime on ffxi getting mutiple lvl 75 jobs and/or Ridill
    I dunno I might be crazy, but I value my time.
    And in all honesty, where in the world did this idea of a noob that's highest job is >40 are the ones that buy accounts.
    it's the ultimate extension of people valuing their time is it not? you're naive if you think that's never happened, i never said they were the majority but the ones that do are the ones i can't be bothered with.

Anyways you don't even have to read/believe/understand all that shit I just wrote, the bottom line is, if you haven't learned yet, nothing in life is fair, and if you want to be the best, you have to find shortcuts, step on people, lie, and cheat (this includes reality and virtual). If you don't, others will and you will be left in the dust, and don't tell me karma will come back and haunt them lol.
    i don't want to be the best nor have a desire to associate with anyone who's "the best" who act like that. and yea, you're right, i'm an absolute failure in this game because i never bought an account or gil or cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daak
    Speaking of shitty analogies how can you compare a drunk driver to someone who is banned and buying an account...
    because like damet says, they both don't give a shit about other people as long as it's most convenient to them.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I buy and sell accounts to make college cash (I myself am not a bought account though lol). Buyers are generally people who have other accounts as well and want a certain 75 job for something. Being bought or not doesn't effect my playing with them or anything. I play with the new player of the account before I make that judgement.

For linkshell applicants, We(My LS) try to base it on their jobs and the overall applicant other than it being bought. If they suck, we boot them; that easy.

Banned.

BG Level

Selling accounts compromises the rules and gameplay of FFXI. It does so in the same way botting or pos-ing does. If buying gil is like buying monopoly money, buying an account is buying your seat into the table of a game that has already been laid out for you. Doesn't matter how skillful the buyer is or if it doesn't give money to gil sellers. It is basically wrong. You could not care and be a douche, but never should it be deemed acceptable. On the internet there is anonymity, cheating isn't a big deal when you can hide your face and bury your morals.

If you're gonna quit the game you might as well sell your character. If you played this game for 3 years you spent over $500 to play so why not sell?

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Selling accounts compromises the rules and gameplay of FFXI. It does so in the same way botting or pos-ing does. If buying gil is like buying monopoly money, buying an account is buying your seat into the table of a game that has already been laid out for you. Doesn't matter how skillful the buyer is or if it doesn't give money to gil sellers. It is basically wrong. You could not care and be a douche, but never should it be deemed acceptable. On the internet there is anonymity, cheating isn't a big deal when you can hide your face and bury your morals.
    The first part of this has me kind of bewildered. I accept that account trade is against the rules the same as botting etc are, but do they really have the same detrimental affect to the game as a whole or people's enjoyment of it? It obviously differs as far as the people buying an account do, but as a hypothetical what if the person who bought the account was a veteran of FFXI, didn't cheat or participate in shady activities, and was an overall good person (in game)?

The Monopoly example kind of works, but there are fundamental differences. It would be like playing monopoly with 3000 other people (the board scaled up of course) and coming in with some properties/money/etc. Some people will be frustrated because you did no work and spent no time on acquiring them, some people will be happy to have another player, and some just won't care. In the big picture it will very rarely be any different from a player creating a new character and racing to 75 very quickly, except without the time invested part.

The morality part I agree with, it is against the rules and immoral. However on the scale of immoral things, buying an account would probably rank pretty low.

Also Firas
    BG Level

Just buy whatever you want, a character, an FFXIAPP access, a brand new copy of FFXI+expansions, a wife, a brand new sports car, a gun, a dildo. But know this, there will always be haters.

If being legit, means wasting months upon months, even years to get where i was. Then fuck being legit.

My monthly salary allows me to purchase 3-4 characters in FFXI and have enough money to eat, pay the rent, and pay for the monthly fees. 1 month in FFXI can get me 1 job to 75? counting all the money farmed/quests/missions (and thats playing religously)....you be the judge.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firas_Gattz
    Just buy whatever you want, a character, an FFXIAPP access, a brand new copy of FFXI+expansions, a wife, a brand new sports car, a gun, a dildo. But know this, there will always be haters.

If being legit, means wasting months upon months, even years to get where i was. Then fuck being legit.

My monthly salary allows me to purchase 3-4 characters in FFXI and have enough money to eat, pay the rent, and pay for the monthly fees. 1 month in FFXI can get me 1 job to 75? counting all the money farmed/quests/missions (and thats playing religously)....you be the judge.
    http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4651/palmrd0.jpg

one could make the point that since FFXI is a game, spending more money to facilitate advancement and skip certain parts of the game is retarded and contrary to the point. one could also make the point that

I don't get it. Is there no arabic word for enjoyment? You're pouring more money into something to get less out of it. On paper, it's a poor investment. In practice, it's a couple orders of magnitude more idiotic.

Also Firas
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4651/palmrd0.jpg

one could make the point that since FFXI is a game, spending more money to facilitate advancement and skip certain parts of the game is retarded and contrary to the point. one could also make the point that

It's also retarded to skip work to accomplish an objective in a game that you already have DONE before.

[quote:1if5a9hd]Location: IN DA MIDDLE EASTZ

I don't get it. Is there no arabic word for enjoyment? You're pouring more money into something to get less out of it. On paper, it's a poor investment. In practice, it's a couple orders of magnitude more idiotic.[/quote:1if5a9hd]

I can buy a character work on it for a month or so....and re-sell it for a higher value. get less out of?
    pull head out of ass please. Didn't someone say that in previous posts? buying/selling characters to fund his college? how come you never said anything about that? lol, or is it the middle east part that turned you on? or wait, perhaps you didn't read that post...either way, pretty pathetic to jump on the race, when you got nothing else to say.

Banned.

BG Level

It's also retarded to skip work to accomplish an objective in a game that you already have DONE before.
    When you work FFXI like a job, lots of things come out retarded.

I can buy a character work on it for a month or so....and re-sell it for a higher value. get less out of?
    pull head out of ass please. Didn't someone say that in previous posts? buying/selling characters to fund his college? how come you never said anything about that? lol, or is it the middle east part that turned you on? or wait, perhaps you didn't read that post...either way, pretty pathetic to jump on the race, when you got nothing else to say.
    Really? How well does that pay? Most FFXI accounts I could find on eBay ranged from 300 to 800 dollars; if you bought 4 300 dollar accounts and, over the course of a month, doubled their worth, you'd be making about 300 bucks a week, or less than U.S. minimum wage if you work 6 hours a day, or about $14.30 if you work 3 hours a day. Then, you figure in the time it takes to sell the accounts, etc etc basically you could make more waiting tables.

Which is beside the point; the guy who said he was doing this also said he was selling accounts which were jobs he leveled to 75. You specifically said you buy accounts to avoid leveling, so whatever it is you do with an account isn't going to double 3-4 accounts' worths in a month, and is incredibly subject to market saturation considering anything you do is going to require a LS.

ffxi is not a game...

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    ffxi is not a game...
    http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4252/mpdk0.jpg

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous2 View Post
    DO you guys think buying accounts etc. in Final Fantasy is still safe?
    90% of the people in this thread are banned or long gone. Buying accounts is retarded and your asking for trouble.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous2 View Post
    DO you guys think buying accounts etc. in Final Fantasy is still safe?
    GTFO.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Real talk I'm about 95% sure there are two people with bought accounts in this casual LS I have a pearl to. Fricking BroSale making a comeback!