View Poll Results: Do you like to talk to the Barber/Stylist?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 26.52%
  • No

64 48.48%
  • Only my regular

25 18.94%
  • Depends if Male/female

8 6.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Do you talk to the Barber?

I always thought I was a horrible customer when it came to getting a haircut, I tip well and all that, but I'm really not super into talking to the person. I usually go to pretty decent places to get my haircut ($30-35) and I've had a couple of stylists that I kept long enough that I actually enjoyed talking to them but for the most part I like to sit and be quiet.

I used to think that stylists must hate me, but the more people I talk to the more I find I'm not the only one like this.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Do you talk to the Barber?

Depends on the stylist, if they appear to be the chatty type and in a good mood, and actually initiate the convo, I'll go along with it, otherwise, I want my damn haircut so I can get back to life.

they usually initiate but I'll talk if they talk. I usually have women cut my hair because I like to have a woman do it idk why.

I've been going to this place called Valentine's since I was 15 or so, basically if you've seen Barbershop, it's like that. Except a white dude owns it. So.. everyone in there talks to one another since if you aren't there to get a haircut, you're just there to hang out, listen to music, play pool, w/e w/e. If you're talking about like.. a Supercuts or some shit, I wouldn't really talk to the barber unless they tried to start up a conversation. If you go to the same place everytime you get a haircut, I'd probably try to chat it up just to be friendly. Get a free haircut on your birthday or some shit, I dunno.

does your girlfriend count as a barber?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire
    does your girlfriend count as a barber?
    only if you voted no

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I used to have a hard time finding barbers I liked since I moved a lot. Since college I've found a barber I like a lot and I go back to him every time and I carry conversation with him. Honestly I think it'd be weird not to talk at all, I mean I did that when I was like 12 but an adult sitting in a chair getting their hair cut, not making conversation? That's just weird to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I will talk if they talk to me. But honestly I hate making small talk with random people.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Stormscale

Voted no cause my Korean is horrible and the people that cut my hair can't speak English.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ive been going to the same place for quite a few years, and I talk a little bit with the people who own it. Mostly hows business, family and the like. Mostly just small talk.

Going to same place since i had hair, Manny rocks, we know everyone who works there too, so yeah, i do, i put only if it's my regular though, cause if i HAD to go to somewhere else for w/e reason, i'd likely not talk at all

No.

I also do not tip if they take too much off, which they have never failed to do.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I fucking hate small talk. No.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I'll respond if they inquire shit, but beyond that, I generally don't go out of my way to prolong uninteresting conversations with random middle-aged women working a low paying job who are bitter at the world.

If the person is mildly interesting, however, I'll talk a bit.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Calais Theron
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

They usually ask me if I'm in school and the usual and I answer nicely but that's about it. Like other people said, I don't care for small talk. I actually like sitting there and watching them cut my hair anyway, they make it look all fun.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I've been going to the same lady for about 10 years now since she's one of the only people who I trust to cut my hair, and I see her every 2 weeks so yes I talk to her all the time

But I've always been a talkative person, so if I'm getting something done to my hair besides cutting it then I'll almost always talk to the stylist, so I'm not sure what to vote

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Been going to the same girl now for close to 6 years almost every two weeks. Yep, we talk about everything and anything. It'd be weird if I went in there and didn't say a word to Heather.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

No unless they are talkative. It's the standard questions. Do you work? You going to school? What you going to do today? Small talk bleh..

I talked to this one barber who had huge cleavage for some reason and she was talkative/excessively smiling. I was hoping for a happy ending.

Last time I got a haircut was almost 2 years ago, before that was 4.5 years ago

Never understood the $20+ haircut, $10 + a $2-3 tip is usually fine for me

Some of you are on the metrosexual level

I like my hair long, + I dye it many colors from blonde, strawberry blonde, dark red auburn, now to intense red copper
    (Weird thing is my original baby hair color has respawned, somehow, used to be a bright red brown)

I do maintain my hair, conditioners are a plenty due to the Coscto buy 2 Shampoo get 2 free conditioners deals that often happen

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I was in the Marines, I can't seem to let go of the fact that my hair needs to be short on the sides and not touching the collar. It's not super super short but I can't stand that "mullet" of neck hair that grows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast