+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

San Fransisco (2-5) @ Atlanta (1-6)

Cincinnati (2-5) @ Buffalo (3-4) As several teams have demonstrated this season, Buffalo isn't exactly a joke of a team, but I think Cincinnati will be able to handle them.

Denver (3-4) @ Detroit (5-2) If Detroit wins this then I'll be damned.

Green Bay (6-1) @ Kansas City (4-3) I'm a big Kansas City fan (love the organization) but Green Bay seems to have the upper hand here. KC's defense has stepped up though, so it will be interesting to see if they can stop Favre.

San Diego (4-3) @ Minnesota (2-5)

Jacksonville (5-2) @ New Orleans (3-4)

Carolina (4-3) @ Tennessee (5-2)

Arizona (3-4) @ Tampa Bay (4-4)

Washington (4-3) @ New York Jets (1-7)

Seattle (4-3) @ Cleveland (4-3)

Houston (3-5) @ Oakland (2-5)

Dallas (6-1) @ Philadelphia (3-4)

Baltimore (4-3) @ Pittsburgh (5-2)

Wow, this is an incredibly boring week 9...but wait, there is one game that will be worth watching!

New England (8-0) @ Indianapolis (7-0) In all reality, all odds are stacked against the Colts in this bout. Personally, I think the Colts have a more balanced team in that they have a much better running game that New England does, but by now NE has proven that they don't need a running game. Both defenses are really good ones and both offenses are really good as well, so I predict the game will be pretty close. If NE plows through this game and demolishes Indy, then I think it's safe to say that the team is pretty unstoppable (I haven't been advocating this notion until I see the game). I think that by now Manning will have gotten used to Belichik's defensive schemes that have stopped him so many times in the past. Both QBs are playing possibly the best football they've ever played, so they are taking this particular game to a whole new level. I'm predicting Indy is going to win by a margin of a field goal.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Re: NFL Week 9 Picks *Big Game Week*

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    [b]

Wow, this is an incredibly boring week 9...but wait, there is one game that will be worth watching!

New England (8-0) @ Indianapolis (7-0) In all reality, all odds are stacked against the Colts in this bout. Personally, I think the Colts have a more balanced team in that they have a much better running game that New England does, but by now NE has proven that they don't need a running game. Both defenses are really good ones and both offenses are really good as well, so I predict the game will be pretty close. If NE plows through this game and demolishes Indy, then I think it's safe to say that the team is pretty unstoppable (I haven't been advocating this notion until I see the game). I think that by now Manning will have gotten used to Belichik's defensive schemes that have stopped him so many times in the past. Both QBs are playing possibly the best football they've ever played, so they are taking this particular game to a whole new level. I'm predicting Indy is going to win by a margin of a field goal.
    I agree this is going to be a fantastic game. I dont think the patriots will blow away indy, however I believe the patriots will win this game. I think this game will be decided by a TD from Special teams or defense.

I think Buffalo can handle Cinci. The 12th man at home in Buffalo has been incredible this year, and the Bill's defense has been getting better and better, and that was with second and third stringers because of injuries. A few key injured defensive players are making their return this week.

Also look for JP Losman to play for his job this weekend. The Cinci D isn't so good and JP's going to air it out to Evans and Parrish as often as he can.

I'm taking Buffalo.

Super Bowl XLI.V is gonna be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I think Buffalo can handle Cinci. The 12th man at home in Buffalo has been incredible this year, and the Bill's defense has been getting better and better, and that was with second and third stringers because of injuries. A few key injured defensive players are making their return this week.

Also look for JP Losman to play for his job this weekend. The Cinci D isn't so good and JP's going to air it out to Evans and Parrish as often as he can.

I'm taking Buffalo.
    I hear all that, cinci seems like a team on the verge of an implosion, while buffalo is headed entirely the other way. Plus the bills D is just getting healthier as time goes on. As long as JP dosen't chuck the ball into double coverage, I think the bills win this one to get to a once improbable .500!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wait. Colts and Pats play this weekend?! I'd have never known. I thought they were just paying eachother compliments all week for fun. Anyway~ Onto the picks

San Fransisco (2-5) @ Atlanta (1-6) - Battle of the suck.

Cincinnati (2-5) @ Buffalo (3-4)

Denver (3-4) @ Detroit (5-2) I really really doubt the Lions, but I'm picking them anyway. Who knows.. maybe it'll be a surprise.

Green Bay (6-1) @ Kansas City (4-3)

San Diego (4-3) @ Minnesota (2-5)

Jacksonville (5-2) @ New Orleans (3-4)

Carolina (4-3) @ Tennessee (5-2)

Arizona (3-4) @ Tampa Bay (4-4)

Washington (4-3) @ New York Jets (1-7)

Seattle (4-3) @ Cleveland (4-3)

Houston (3-5) @ Oakland (2-5)

Dallas (6-1) @ Philadelphia (3-4)

Baltimore (4-3) @ Pittsburgh (5-2)

New England (8-0) @ Indianapolis (7-0) I'm gonna go with Indy because I feel you are the champion until defeated. Granted I have Tom Brady on my fantasy team, I will be rooting for the Colts.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Picking Colts. Other picks are similar to yours.. but picking Oakland over Houston and Cleveland over Seattle. I won't know until around 1:30PST if I'll be able to watch the Colts/Patriots game.. hoping the Raiders don't sell out!

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by sekaran
    Picking Colts. Other picks are similar to yours.. but picking Oakland over Houston and Cleveland over Seattle. I won't know until around 1:30PST if I'll be able to watch the Colts/Patriots game.. hoping the Raiders don't sell out!
    Rofl. If you get the Raiders/Browns game... man. That'd be so sucky :/

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Indy has the advantage, they're playing here, with the 12th man (lol) Brady wont know what to do, he'll get confused and probably start bawling =/

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Killgannon
    Indy has the advantage, they're playing here, with the 12th man (lol) Brady wont know what to do, he'll get confused and probably start bawling =/
    Yeah... I don't think Brady will get confused and cry. Just a hunch.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    One of the local Bay Area news site has a poll.. 87% would rather watch the Colts/Patriots game. Haha.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

One of the local Bay Area news site has a poll.. 87% would rather watch the Colts/Patriots game. Haha.
    The other 13% are lying.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ype=sports

lol Let's hope they don't sell out the other game so you get a black out!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    San Francisco (2-5) @ Atlanta (1-6)
    Praise to be Yin ;_;

Im confident 49ers can at the very least win 5 games >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Killgannon
    Yeah... I don't think Brady will get confused and cry. Just a hunch.
    But wouldn't it be fun if he did? Something awful inside of me really hates brady for some reason, I never hated Marino during the good bills v. dolphins rivalry years, but man I'd love to see brady take a hard hit.

Edit: I'm also picking New England, would go with my heart if there wasn't money on the line, but I gotta go with my gut, and my gut says the pats are friggin' amazing

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/31/SP1HT3BRI.DTL&type=sports

lol Let's hope they don't sell out the other game so you get a black out!
    Rofl. You can pray D:

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Picking Patriots only because Wes Welker will have a bigger impact than Dallas Clark. Oh and the colts aren't stopping Randy this game unless they stay in Cover 2 and hope their safety tears him a new one.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I've gotta be a homer and go with the Pats, but it's going to be close. Not close enough for the Colts to cover though.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

San Fransisco (2-5) @ Atlanta (1-6) - bleh..

Cincinnati (2-5) @ Buffalo (3-4) - bleh, bills suck.

Denver (3-4) @ Detroit (5-2) - Denver's done for the season, and Detroit's gonna capitalize on it.

Green Bay (6-1) @ Kansas City (4-3) - This is gonna be a great game, but I think the Packers will pull it out.

San Diego (4-3) @ Minnesota (2-5) - meh..

Jacksonville (5-2) @ New Orleans (3-4) - Another close game.. NO is better than their record.

Carolina (4-3) @ Tennessee (5-2) - I don't really care about either of these teams, so I did /random.

Arizona (3-4) @ Tampa Bay (4-4) - meh.. /random

Washington (4-3) @ New York Jets (1-7) - How's it feel Mangini? You ain't losing because you're being taped, so shut up and BOHICA.

Seattle (4-3) @ Cleveland (4-3) - meh.. /random

Houston (3-5) @ Oakland (2-5) - Man you guys in SF & Houston are getting shafted out of the game of the century.

Dallas (6-1) @ Philadelphia (3-4) - I'm gonna be rooting for the Eagles anyways.

Baltimore (4-3) @ Pittsburgh (5-2) - This should be a close one, and probably a fun game to watch.

New England (8-0) @ Indianapolis (7-0) - You can't stop the rock baby. New England's offense is just too damn good, and they're gonna pick Indy apart. The ONLY ways Indy can possibly win this game is if they play to deliberately injure the Pats' players, or if Peyton Manning keeps the Colts in the game and controls the clock as much as Brady does so that they have a shot at the end.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    I've gotta be a homer and go with the Pats, but it's going to be close. Not close enough for the Colts to cover though.
    What's the spread?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast