Re: Server Populations

Ifrit: 2483

11/22/07. 10:17pm EST

ahnalia

2225 at 7 pm cst on Seraph

3672 at 11pm EST on Fenrir.
    We having a massive immigration here I think lol.

New Merits
    BG Level

I don't know how well /sea all would work unless tried and compared for each server at the exact same times in the peaks of the three main time zones of XI players...

Assuming the players of all servers had about equal interest in the event, the cross-server results of the War of the Crystal event would be a good indication of recent server population.
    Odin stands out as the most populated (it's supposedly packed with EU players with the recent migration program), followed by Bahamut and Ragnarok (long-time JP players-heavy servers?). Good/Average population: Leviathan, Cerberus, Gilga, Carby, Fenrir... Less populated: Remora, Hades, Midgarsworm, Seraph, Fairy.

The number of items sold on average for the most popular items (eg yag drink) on a server could also be a good indication of the most active servers. Just a thought.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Nashreen
    Odin stands out as the most populated (it's supposedly packed with EU players with the recent migration program), followed by Bahamut and Ragnarok (long-time JP players-heavy servers?). Good/Average population: Leviathan, Cerberus, Gilga, Carby, Fenrir... Less populated: Remora, Hades, Midgarsworm, Seraph, Fairy.
    I think the timing is the most important thing to look for when asking about people currently on the server (can kind of tell you the demographic). I see some people post from Odin saying like we broke 4000 or something like that, but I think they are checking in primarily NA times (obviously you have to be on to checK).

Last weekend, I did a check at 4 AM CST on Saturday (6 PM Saturday JST) and Odin broke 5400 players online. I think since we were one of the original servers, the JP population is tremendous here. That's really the best explanation I can offer, but I do know as crowded as NAs thing it is in their time, it's much worse in JP prime times, especially weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    I think the timing is the most important thing to look for when asking about people currently on the server (can kind of tell you the demographic). I see some people post from Odin saying like we broke 4000 or something like that, but I think they are checking in primarily NA times (obviously you have to be on to checK).

Last weekend, I did a check at 4 AM CST on Saturday (6 PM Saturday JST) and Odin broke 5400 players online. I think since we were one of the original servers, the JP population is tremendous here. That's really the best explanation I can offer, but I do know as crowded as NAs thing it is in their time, it's much worse in JP prime times, especially weekends.
    well duh we are checking in NA primetime as per the OP. Odin gained a spike in population from the exodus from hades and remora and maybe more servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy0

well duh we are checking in NA primetime as per the OP. Odin gained a spike in population from the exodus from hades and remora and maybe more servers.
    Pretty sure that exodus was FROM odin TO hades/remora because of this exact reason

or maybe i'm wrong idk

Quote Originally Posted by Leeto
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy0

Pretty sure that exodus was FROM odin TO hades/remora because of this exact reason

or maybe i'm wrong idk
    I was talking about the original when the server transfers were first opened.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

7'30 est pm 1734 on Alexander dec 6th

DAKPluto

1329 people
    5:45 PM EST
    Cerberus
    Dec. 10th 2007

Odin 13:02 GMT
    4457 found.

wow 3643 people, Carbuncle, 6.45AM GMT+1 = 00:45 EST

Mainly JP dominated server.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    1450 or so 6 PM yesterday, 2640~ or so on at 1:50 AM Saturday (all times EST) - Alexander
    I see alexander is well and truly dying... glad i made the jump. doubt I'll ever look back.

I remeber when we had 4kish on NA primetime

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

the other day during NA primetime there were 1789 on lakshmi and 103 of them were in the aery for a day 1 faffy

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

1562 earlier this evening :/ usually around 2.2k

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ragnarok, Right now (1:00 AM EST) 3342 online.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

1868 people
    Hades server
    4:42 PM EST

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

1815 @ 4:10 ish PM EST Highest I seen recently is around 2.2k.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Lakshmi 00:00 JST, Friday Night, 2650