BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Populations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sunday 4pm EST: approximately 1.8k online on Asura.

Btw why was this necrobumped?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    Sunday 4pm EST: approximately 1.8k online on Asura.

Btw why was this necrobumped?
    Because it needed it Tomassin. >.>

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's 7:30 PM EST and there are fewer than 1100 people on Lakshmi. Factor in the number of AFK players/mules (400 people in Jeuno/WG) and you almost certainly have <500 humans playing.

Has anyone noticed a bunch of people quitting in the last month? I had better luck doing Voidwatch shouts during EU primetime two weeks ago than I do during NA primetime now. The game seemed to take a big hit right around when Diabolo 3 came out (and maybe some damage from Tera as well). Is this true across servers?

The community sites are also slowing down (here, FFXIAH, and the Official Forums for sure.) The official forum has been getting fewer than one NA post per hour today. I don't typically buy into the whole "The game is dying!" panic attacks, but this is really the first time I've seen something like this. If they don't announce some exciting content at fanfest, they'd better announce a major server merge.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It's 7:30 PM EST and there are fewer than 1100 people on Lakshmi. Factor in the number of AFK players/mules (400 people in Jeuno/WG) and you almost certainly have <500 humans playing.

Has anyone noticed a bunch of people quitting in the last month? I had better luck doing Voidwatch shouts during EU primetime two weeks ago than I do during NA primetime now. The game seemed to take a big hit right around when Diabolo 3 came out (and maybe some damage from Tera as well). Is this true across servers?

The community sites are also slowing down (here, FFXIAH, and the Official Forums for sure.) The official forum has been getting fewer than one NA post per hour today. I don't typically buy into the whole "The game is dying!" panic attacks, but this is really the first time I've seen something like this. If they don't announce some exciting content at fanfest, they'd better announce a major server merge.
    I've noticed this as well. It's quite lame.

Edit: But it's also summer, so that could factor in as well.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The game was in this exact state just before Abyssea, so they really need something big to get the numbers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The majority of my LS recently quit for other games, plus various people not logging in due to diablo 3.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    The majority of my LS recently quit for other games, plus various people not logging in due to diablo 3.
    this. various people of my LS quit, or are playing diablo3 and are only loggin in for major LS events 2-4 times a week. Alot of this has to do how the game got "not fun" with voidwatch and other crap. Yeha dying faster then expected :X

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    The game was in this exact state just before Abyssea, so they really need something big to get the numbers.
    its actualyl worse. some people are fedup by SEs crap, after seeing how well they "could" do if they wanted during Abyssea-era.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think throughout all of May we've had 2 events and only one of them meaningful. We normally have 4 per week. And this has entirely been down to attendance.

We used to get 18+ for the vast majority of events and regularly had to ask people to sit out for events that were numbers limited. Throughout May we've generally gotten anywhere between 7 and 11 sign-ups, usually sub 10 though. (EDIT: This has been a sudden drop off too. We were getting 18+ in April. And the last time we had to cancel an event due to numbers was probably a good 2-3 years ago)

Although I've signed up for all the events, I think I've personally only logged in twice in all of May. Both times for only 2-3 hours and just for events. Generally events have been cancelled before I logged in and so I just haven't logged in at all.

Only a few people have officially quit in our LS but I think a fair few have unofficially quit whether they realise it or not. I actually passed on the last 5 Umbral Marrows we got because I knew my interest in playing was at an all-time low so they'd be better used on someone else. We no longer get enough to do ADL (and we have a ton of pops) but I don't regret it. I think at any other point in XI history, I'd be kicking myself at giving up my chance to 99 my relics but now i'm just completely apathetic about it.

Jem isn't even activated atm. I haven't quit, I just haven't needed/wanted to log in since it expired late last month so haven't bothered renewing it. I imagine a lot of people in my LS are in the same situation. LS members are hoping for new, interesting content and some sort of amazing announcement at Vana'fest but I honestly can't see it coming.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they dont announce somethign big, i doubt FFXI will make it longer then 1 year or so. The "death" allready started, cant even get enough people on VW shouts during EU time, only on weekends (and even there if lucky). If this keeps going on i see even the people remaining loosing interest fast, I mean whats the point hanging around when you cant find people to do shit?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I guess us slow people fear this the most. Still so much I want to do, and so much I care about, and with populations dwindling...the people who are staying are those who have done most of everything and don't care to repeat content. I'm curious to see how the game holds on over the next 12-18 months and where that leaves those of us in the middle of those who show up in the gimp/wtf/confused thread and those of you who answer the "what's better" questions.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i recently used the "welcome back" campaign in FFXIV to see what they have done there. I think i couldnt do something like /sea all there, but to me it felt like that game was far more alive now than XI ... maybe its time to switch soon <.<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'll probably be deactivating until they add some sort of rejuvenating content, I know a lot of people I know are in a similar situation. Population seems to be around the same as shortly before level cap was raised. I'd expect a server merge in the near future if anything. I don't see the game completely dying out for a while at least, I can't imagine that they would do something like that while they are still making profit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

agreed magi. i can see SE doing another server merge soon. the past moth to month and a half VW on bismarck went from shouts being spamed to barely seeing VW shouts anymore. most of my ls atm is logging in only when we do neo nyzul every couple nights atm or working on low manning some empyreans in the hopes SE makes worthwhile content by the end of the year.

In this topic: Tanaka kills all the things.

Seriously, reading all this is so very sad especially since the game was at a high point for what seems like the last 5 years. Then fell off a cliff instantly.

InspectorGadget

I was just thinking the same thing not too long ago, Lakshmi seems like a ghost town these days. I bet if SE were to do another server merge we'd be the first in line.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruch View Post
    Because it needed it Tomassin. >.>
    Hi Ruch (surprised you remember me!)

On topic - reading these new posts kind of make me sad, I have to admit that. So many people feeling so pessimistic about the game's future, and I guess I'm one of them, at least occasionally. Asura still has a fairly high population at least - just past JP midnight and 2k people online at the moment. And vwnm shouts are usually plentiful too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Phoenix: 1793. Might be the lowest population I've seen in a long time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Shiva population at midnight 6/12 going into 6/13 = 1,279

That's pretty fucking low.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hey, I'll actually log in if I can find someone to play with. :-/ All but 1 of my friends are gone!

InspectorGadget

Lakshmi was under 1000 around 8PM est on Tuesday night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast