+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

So wtf is up with this nafta shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74VA3xU0EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwC_Ek9L328&NR=1

I remember reading something about this awhile ago, but I didnt think it was going down this much. The Amero and a new constitution??

Re: So wtf is up with this nafta shit?

All I know is Bill Hicks is the fucking man.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

im guessing this was done to combat the EU which has a similar policy in place of a "united continent". And on the NAFTA thing, as an economics student, I can say it is an undisputed fact among economists that free trade increases economic growth. We use things called PPF curves to analyze a countries potential and every single time with free trade the PPF curve will increase as free trade is introduced.

scary bananas.

kinda makes you want to protest

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    scary bananas.

What don't you like about it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    scary bananas.

How it's being kept a secret basically and extremely shady for one? The new constitution based off Soviet Russia for another? Or the fact that government will be able to track you anywhere they want.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    im guessing this was done to combat the EU which has a similar policy in place of a "united continent". And on the NAFTA thing, as an economics student, I can say it is an undisputed fact among economists that free trade increases economic growth. We use things called PPF curves to analyze a countries potential and every single time with free trade the PPF curve will increase as free trade is introduced.
    While you are correct about the aspect of economic growth stemming from free trade, there is more to consider when putting together trade policies. Have you ever taken an int'l micro class by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    scary bananas.

How it's being kept a secret basically and extremely shady for one? The new constitution based off Soviet Russia for another? Or the fact that government will be able to track you anywhere they want.
    Who says they can't do that now?

I don't see this being so much a secret as it is a plan in its infancy. It sounds unfinished to me, and it was leaked prematurely.

How exactly is the new constitution based off Soveiet Russia?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The video dates are Nov 2006 and April 2007. Why are you guys suddenly worried about it now?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If I recall, in the last meeting of the three leaders, the one that was based in Montreal, they discussed this idea as being false.

There was some dissidence about it on the Canadian side, as there should be (personally, fuck u, I don't want a fucking union with the USA).

This actually has been on and off for the past few years, usually not much comes out of it. Supposedly they had the idea a few years ago but it didn't work out but idk all the details of what happened.

I think our PM, Stephen Harper, said along the lines of "wtf u talking about" when the question came up, but I forget, it's been a few months ago since this happened.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    While you are correct about the aspect of economic growth stemming from free trade, there is more to consider when putting together trade policies. Have you ever taken an int'l micro class by chance?
    yes I have. I still have the text book. There are short term losses from the reallocation of labour, but within a short time frame more jobs will be created overall.

The only time free trade is not beneficial is when the 2 countries are produing the exact same amount of goods, which for that to happen in todays terms is nearly impossible.

Banned.

BG Level

What does it actually say?