Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

How do you farm Dynamis Tav?

Well so far we pretty much unlocked our subjobs and then killed all the Eyes on the right entrances and their pops on floor 2 then floor 3 to get the time ext. Of course after hitting the last ext everything repops and farming gets a bitch.

Do you sac the Eyes on Floor 2 to get the Extension to have more time on Floor 3 for -1 Body mobs? ..or vice versa? You use the left or right entrances? Any other tricks to cheat more Tauri outa the zone?

EDIT: ya floor 2 and 3

Re: How do you farm Dynamis Tav?

Not sure what you mean by floor 4? Do you mean the lower level of floor 3? Just for clarity sake in the following I'll take floor 1 to mean the entrance to sealion's den, floor 2 to mean hydra floor, and floor 3 to mean kindred floor.

We alternate runs Hydra armor farming with Body -1 farming. On Hydra days, after getting SJs, we go to floor 2, kill two sets of bees, one hydra eye pull, then sac the time eye. Then we farm left path of floor 3, getting the 2nd time after either clearing all 6 eyes, or if we are lower on time, as many eyes as we would need to kill so that we won't get double-ups on repops. (For instance, last run we did every eye except the stationary one at the top of the ramp on the far wall, then popped the time extension. The reason for this is because if you only have time to fight 10 pulls, you are better off doing 5 originals and 5 repops rather than 6 originals and 4 repops, since the repops have 2 taurus per pull rather than one on that side.) Then we farm the repops until we run out of time.

On body -1 days, after SJs we go to floor 3, kill the 2 sets of bees, and 2 eyes leading to time eye. Once again, sac the time eye, then go to floor 2. Kill 2 bees, first hydra pull, and time eye pull. Then farm leeches until 2-3 min left or we run out of leeches, then pop the ???, and reclear as much as possible until time runs out. One thing we tried once is camping below in the Mistmelt lady area and trying to fight our way out after repops to avoid the time spent on 2 more hydra pulls, but that ended up going badly and we had 40 minutes of dynamis trivia time while we waited to get spit out, although I think it might be possible if we camp in a different spot.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The repops aren't a problem as long as you then go back into the same hallway that you originally farmed.

That hallway will only have a single set of mobs rather than being doubled up.

... I think perhaps though that we clear the stirges after we pop the first TE too.. so that this will be the case.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/tav.html

Ok, if you look at those maps, here's how we do it:

Kill bugard
    Kill Antlion
    Kill Worm
    Go to top floor and pull 219, 222, 267, 273, 286, and 282.
    Have everyone go to middle floor, and I pop extension.
    Pull 21, 24, 45, 54, and 49.
    Kill leeches until we get 3 min warning.
    Have everyone move up to the ramp that leads to middle floor extension.
    Pop extension.
    Kill eye 89.
    Continue farming leeches until timeout.

The only problem with this is when you're on the ramp, you gotta be careful not to aggro eye 100 when it repops.

This pretty much covers farming everything. You kill 3 Taurus, about 12 bees, a crapload of kindred and hydra, and however many leeches you can get to.

That covers Beaucedine AF, Xarcabard AF, Hydra, -1 legs and -1 body.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Have everyone move up to the ramp that leads to middle floor extension.
    Pop extension.
    Kill eye 89.
    Continue farming leeches until timeout.
    This is smart, we should have done this instead of trying the mistmelt area.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That sounds nice. The spot you stand is this? Does the guy popping the extension get owned by 95 or is there a delay?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8495/tavjr2.jpg

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

No, eye 95 does not pop if you kill eye 49, so you don't have to worry about it. Basically what happens, is if you kill eye 49, the one on the opposite side will repop. So, if you kill eye 49, 116 will pop. If you kill 71, 95 will pop. At least, I think this is how it works. All I know is that eye 95 won't pop if you kill 49. Basically what I do is, for the first extension, pop the ???. The stuff will repop EXCEPT the side from which you came from. So I simply just drop glass after repopping the zone, and give myself a new one outside Tavnazia. When you're farming the 2nd floor after you've gotten the 3rd floor extension, just pop the ???, wait till eye 100 moves far north, then run back down to your group.

And yes, that circle is where you stand, maybe JUST A BIT closer to 89 because you're gonna aggro 89 when you repop anyways. What you really have to worry about is, #1 not aggroing 100, and #2 not aggroing bee repop 36 in the hallway.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I've pulled Dynamis Tav and this is the method we utalize which has worked out. Althrough I like the some of the others here we may try to see how it works.

Kill Bugard, kill antlion then worm last. Park the party at the room on the 2nd floor going towards diabolos. As pulling I pull first set of 2 bee's. the 2 eyes in the corridor, one by door and one close to the stationary eye. If we have time permitting, I would pull a few leechs. then pull the TE eye. When the eye is dead and the party is on the last mob, I would sack the ??? myself and RR out in the circle. Then we move the party to the 3rd floor. Pull the 2 sets of bee's. the eyes. and usually by this time we are close to time so we sack the TE where I exit the other end and die on the other end of the circle away from alliance. Let the mobs reset. and we continue farming the 3rd floor trying to get past the bee's. the eye in the corridor and end of the corridor and try to pull pugils. but unfortunally the 3rd floor is nasty after the TE so getting to the nightmare pugil is a pain.

what we may do next is 3rd floor TE then second floor. and farm 2nd floor more.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    No, eye 95 does not pop if you kill eye 49, so you don't have to worry about it. Basically what happens, is if you kill eye 49, the one on the opposite side will repop. So, if you kill eye 49, 116 will pop. If you kill 71, 95 will pop. At least, I think this is how it works. All I know is that eye 95 won't pop if you kill 49.
    If I'm reading your map right (black #s are original pops, red #s are repops?), then I think you've got it a bit wrong regarding 95 and 116. Both pop when you hit the ???, regardless of whether you killed 49 or 71 to pop it. Just the locations are marked incorrectly, 95 is located between 33 and 36, and 116 between 42 and 39. That's why your strat of camping on top of 89 pop will be a real time saver.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I simply use my tavnazian ring after popping the mobs . Takes 30sec to come back and you always have enough time to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I simply use my tavnazian ring after popping the mobs . Takes 30sec to come back and you always have enough time to use it.
    I typically set my HP in Tav and warp, same principle. The reason their plan for where to stand on 2nd floor repops is better isn't because of the issue of getting the time extension and getting out cleanly. It's the ability to have to clear only one eye and 3 hydra rather than 6 bees, 2 eyes, and 7 hydra before you can resume farming body -1, assuming that's your goal for the run. Most people don't do Tav for BCD AF, and for legs -1 you're always killing 12-18 mobs that drop every run anyway.

I used to just deathwarp when we did Tav, followed by an intentional suicide when I got back inthe zone to clear the 10 min weakness. It was very XP intensive