BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealing Treasure Hunter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Stealing Treasure Hunter

When there are multiple instances of Treasure Hunter in a party, the strongest effect is used. Treasure Hunter goes into effect the moment the Thief actively puts their self on the target's hate list. For the most part, once the Thief attacks a monster, they remember the effect of Treasure Hunter. If a Thief dies, they do not have to be Raised to strike the monster once again. (((((((((((However, if you lose possession of the monster and they regenerate back to full health, this information is lost.)))))))))))
    I hope this was a poor translation here, this sounds to me that if a group with TH2+2 wipes to a monster at a low percent and a solo or a group that cant normally kill it grabs claim and finishes it before it regens to 100% then they will steal the Treasure Hunter Effect as well as the mob. I know alot of servers do the whole /random to see what LS stays to pick up a wipe thing, but my server doesn't. The LSs on Phoenix don't get along and members of some LSs spam provokes(or bots) during entire fights to claim NMs as soon as they go yellow, which everyone knows happens in glitches frequently as well as death.

On the lighter side I wonder if its possible to have a thf pop a monster that he is not needed for then drop alliance for fight and still apply his Treasure Hunter.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: Stealing Treasure Hunter

This was already discussed to death in the festival thread, or one of the other ones.
    The answer is yes, most likey positively probably.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well in that case I see a new reason for THF kills, maybe RMT knew this all along. Dont bring the thf in till the end, if things go bad you wont have your TH stolen.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmm, Does it also mean that they can unequip thf knife after first attacking and tp with a better dagger?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster
    Hmm, Does it also mean that they can unequip thf knife after first attacking and tp with a better dagger?
    Yes, most likey positively probably.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

No, it's more likely that they're just retards. I *still* see them try for THF killshots on things like Serket, Behemoth, etc, sometimes to the point of nearly raging the damn thing while their gimp THF plunks away at it for 0-3 damage a hit.

I also haven't noticed any huge trend of RMTs keeping THFs outside of alliance, at least not on Lakshmi. From the fights I've watched, they're usually in there feeding the mob TP with their single-digit swings the entire fight.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Ironically, when I am in the alliance (usually on lolFafnir) on my THF, I put TH4 in at like 15% (I try to SC sometime near then, then switch my weapon and gloves out since that stuff sucks to TP in.) I have pretty much always done that more for the fact I liked hitting bigger numbers with Blau, but now it seems like a smart precaution.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeTasai
    Well in that case I see a new reason for THF kills, maybe RMT knew this all along. Dont bring the thf in till the end, if things go bad you wont have your TH stolen.
    What do you care if they get a drop after you no longer have the mob.

I think it's significant they said "party" and not "alliance."

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyupi/Kij
    I think it's significant they said "party" and not "alliance."
    This is what I find works being a thf. Kill shot is nothing more than needless time wasting, and I've noticed no difference between party kill vs THF kill, where is BLM pt vs Party kill the drops changes dramatically, of course there's wild discrepancies and what not due to luck. But I digress and this is the right answer

The answer is yes, most likely positively... probably.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

IT's funny how the fan festival gave us more questions to ask about TH. Lol. I always try to generate as much hate as possible on thief. The fan festival just lets Thf DD more, which is fine by me. :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by vagus
    IT's funny how the fan festival gave us more questions to ask about TH. Lol. I always try to generate as much hate as possible on thief. The fan festival just lets Thf DD more, which is fine by me. :D
    Yes, makes things so much more exciting than just standing around :3

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeTasai
    I would think that you would want to ensure that the THF gets on the hate list early on, in case something happens and the THF dies. Logically though, your statement makes little sense. You're dead; what difference does it make to you?