+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 127

Thread: NFL Week 10 Picks     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,717
    BG Level
    7

    NFL Week 10 Picks

    St. Louis (0-8) @ New Orleans (4-4) I feel really bad for the Rams this season. So much good offensive talent yet they haven't been able to reap the rewards

    Buffalo (4-4) @ Miami (0-8) 0-16 is looking like a real possibility for Miami this season...

    Jacksonville (5-3) @ Tennessee (6-2) Vince Young didn't exactly play a good game last week and tbh I don't expect to play a good game against the Jags either. However, the Titans defense is probably going to win this game. They have an excellent rushing D and if Quinn Gray ends up starting for the Jags again, I don't think he'll play very well. Defensive struggle go!

    Cleveland (5-3) @ Pittsburgh (6-2) I really, really like Cleveland this year. I think they are going to grow to become very good over the next couple of seasons. Derek Anderson, Kellen Winslow, and Braylon Edwards have all been playing very well. It's probably the most surprising offense of the season. Nevertheless, I think the Steelers defense will be able to keep them under control, whereas the Browns defense won't be doing the same.

    Philadelphia (3-5) @ Washington (5-3) Philadelphia simply isn't a very good team this season. Their defense isn't want it used to be and McNabb isn't wasn't he used to be. I don't think this will be a blowout like the game against Dallas, but Redskins will probably win it by a small margin.

    Atlanta (2-6) @ Carolina (4-4) This is actually a pretty tough pick, because David Carr has been playing like crap (and he will continue to play like crap). I'm just going to go on a whim here and pick Carolina because they have Steve Smith.

    Denver (3-5) @ Kansas City (4-4) If Jay Cutler is still out then I think KC is going to easily get the win here. Denver has shown an absolutely horrible rushing D this season, so I think LJ will have a fun day and the KC CBs have been playing pretty well, so they'll be able to keep the Broncos offense under control. Huard is probably going to hook up with Tony Gonzalez for a lot of completions again.

    Minnesota (3-5) @ Green Bay (7-1) You just can't count out Minnesota because of Adrian Peterson. He has been pretty much raping defenses all season and the same thing could happen to GB. However, GB has a pretty good defense and I honestly think Peterson isn't going to get another 200+ yards added to his rookie resume. Don't count out the Vikings, but I'm picking GB because they finally seem to have some kind of running game and Favre has a lot of receivers to hook up with.

    Cincinnati (2-6) @ Baltimore (4-4) Oh god my dear Bengals! You have such a great offense but your defense keeps losing games for you! Baltimore isn't any good this season either, so like the opening MNF, I'm picking the Bengals for this game. I also want Baltimore to lose so we can see Brian Billick freak out again, because that was fucking awesome.

    Detroit (6-2) @ Arizona (3-5) Detroit is one of the top 5 teams in the NFL right now record-wise...I think they might be the real deal either this season or at least the next season...

    Chicago (3-5) @ Oakland (2-6) Chicago is coming off their bye-week and getting most of their injured players back, especially the ones on defense. With a healthy defense I think they should be able to take down Oakland. If they don't, then I don't know what to say.

    Dallas (7-1) @ New York Giants (6-2) These two teams had a really close game at the beginning of the season. Analysts have been saying that Eli has been playing the best football of his career this season, but he hasn't played very well for the last couple of games (8 completions for 50 or so yards against Miami? C'mon Elijah). However, Dallas's defense has been playing kind of meh for the past few weeks whereas the Giants defense is on fire. I think this is going to be a pretty close game and I'm going to go with NYG for the upset.

    Indianapolis (7-1) @ San Diego (4-4) Will the Colts be able to recover from their loss at home against New England!?!? Yes, yes they will, because San Diego is not playing well this season. The Colts are simply the better team here.

    Seattle (4-4) @ San Fransisco (2-6) Wow, can you say "incredibly boring MNF game"?

  2. #2
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,656
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    St. Louis (0-8) @ New Orleans (4-4)

    Buffalo (4-4) @ Miami (0-8)

    Jacksonville (5-3) @ Tennessee (6-2)

    Cleveland (5-3) @ Pittsburgh (6-2)

    Philadelphia (3-5) @ Washington(5-3)

    Atlanta (2-6) @ Carolina (4-4) This is actually a pretty tough pick, because David Carr has been playing like crap (and he will continue to play like crap). I'm just going to go on a whim here and pick Carolina because they have Steve Smith.

    Denver (3-5) @ Kansas City (4-4) LJ isn't playing, but the Broncos are really iffy.

    Minnesota (3-5) @ Green Bay (7-1) I can't pick against AD right now. D:

    Cincinnati (2-6) @ Baltimore (4-4) Bengals win another game? Amazing.

    Detroit (6-2) @ Arizona (3-5) Detroit wut. Go Lions, please. D:

    Chicago (3-5) @ Oakland (2-6) Da Bears should beat the Raiders, right?

    Dallas (7-1) @ New York Giants (6-2) I agree with the Giants. History has been mean to them with the second halves of their season, but they are bound to have one good year in the second half.

    Indianapolis (7-1) @ San Diego (4-4) Go Colts. Give it to Addai.

    Seattle (4-4) @ San Fransisco (2-6) I'm gonna be watching Chuck/Heroes anyway.


    Edit: LJ is out with an ankle injury, Daahan.

  3. #3

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Is Priest Holmes getting the start this week or is there another backup?

  4. #4
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,656
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Priest Holmes and the other guy are gonna be splitting carries this week and probably for the next couple weeks.

    Edit: Adam Teicher, of The Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes is expected to fill in for RB Larry Johnson (foot), who is expected to miss two to three weeks. Holmes is expected to split the workload with RB Kolby Smith in Week 10.

  5. #5

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    I restate my claim that Roethlisberger is now the 3rd best QB in the NFL. Second highest passer rating and now the second most TD's in the NFL.

  6. #6
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    887
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    St. Louis (0-8) @ New Orleans (4-4)

    Buffalo (4-4) @ Miami (0-8)

    Jacksonville (5-3) @ Tennessee (6-2)

    Cleveland (5-3) @ Pittsburgh (6-2)

    Philadelphia (3-5) @ Washington(5-3)

    Atlanta (2-6) @ Carolina (4-4)

    Denver (3-5) @ Kansas City (4-4)

    Minnesota (3-5) @ Green Bay (7-1)

    Cincinnati (2-6) @ Baltimore (4-4)

    Detroit (6-2) @ Arizona (3-5)

    Chicago (3-5) @ Oakland (2-6)

    Dallas (7-1) @ New York Giants (6-2)

    Indianapolis (7-1) @ San Diego (4-4)

    Seattle (4-4) @ San Fransisco (2-6)

  7. #7
    Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,717
    BG Level
    7

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Ah yes I forgot about the foot injury. Well, we'll see how well Priest Holmes does against the Denver Rushing D

  8. #8

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    I finally get to watch my 49ers play a game (only the third time this season, I think). Too bad they're going to be dominated by Seattle

  9. #9
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,082
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Seattle (4-4) @ San Fransisco (2-6) Wow, can you say "incredibly boring MNF game"?
    Technically, it's San Francisco @ Seattle; not that this matters a whole lot. I'm looking forward to this game, but only because I'm a Seahawks fan. I'm really looking for some sign of life from the running game and/or the defense. They'll probably win their division and host a playoff game (and get beat up by the Lions or Giants), but it's not because they are a good team so much as everyone else in their division is worse. I'm really thinking Holmgren needs to retire, and they should just pull Alexander until he gets completely healthy. Maurice Morris is a decent backup, Alexander can ride the pines until he's back to health. If that's next year, so be it.

  10. #10
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,859
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan

    Dallas (7-1) @ New York Giants (6-2) These two teams had a really close game at the beginning of the season. Analysts have been saying that Eli has been playing the best football of his career this season, but he hasn't played very well for the last couple of games (8 completions for 50 or so yards against Miami? C'mon Elijah). However, Dallas's defense has been playing kind of meh for the past few weeks whereas the Giants defense is on fire. I think this is going to be a pretty close game and I'm going to go with NYG for the upset.
    Honestly if you watched the game in London you know that the field was a mess and the passing game was a crapshoot the entire time because of the conditions. People sliding all over the place, the ball was slick and everything, I don't think anyone could have done well passing in that situation. The thing that impresses me about Eli is that he seems to have better awareness in the pocket, he's done a great job of stepping up with the pressure comes and finding the open reciever. He's also avoided throwing picks at the wrong time. If he keeps that up, they should take it to Dallas.

  11. #11
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Cincinnatians are very evil when it comes to the Bengals. Were all supportive when Bengals win, but we critize and bash like no other if they lose. No one here has hope for them anymore this season, and if Chad is still hurting (he may be fine now, idk) they wont even have a chance. Boo Bengals boooo.

  12. #12

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Nothing like bandwagon fans in your own city...

  13. #13
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganzar
    Nothing like bandwagon fans in your own city...
    The best of the worst.

  14. #14
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    887
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    i dunno why people are picking giants over cowboys, the cowboys will win by about 14 points, cowboys defense has only gotten better with newman and ellis returning, henry is only like 70% but thats still better than shitty ass Jaques Reeves, aka the main reason the giants put up 35 in week one

  15. #15
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,390
    BG Level
    8

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by melbufrauma
    i dunno why people are picking giants over cowboys, the cowboys will win by about 14 points, cowboys defense has only gotten better with newman and ellis returning, henry is only like 70% but thats still better than shitty ass Jaques Reeves, aka the main reason the giants put up 35 in week one
    It could have something to do with the Giants defense coming together well, especially their pass rush. Combine that with the aforementioned points about Eli stepping up his game this season. I actually like the Giants in the game, to go along with a few other people. The Cowboys are a good team, but they really aren't a great team (there's only two great teams in the NFL right now, after all.) The Giants are capable of beating good teams, such as the Cowboys, especially at home.

  16. #16
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    16,043
    BG Level
    9

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    lol argue all you people want about the NFC, it doesn't matter

  17. #17

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    lol argue all you people want about the NFC, it doesn't matter
    haha so true. They really should just pick a team out of a hat to go to the superbowl. It will be the same result either way.

  18. #18
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Cowbows will get 5 yards on the ground every first down and laugh about it all the way to the blowout as they never even have to worry about that pass rush existing.

  19. #19
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,859
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Cowbows will get 5 yards on the ground every first down and laugh about it all the way to the blowout as they never even have to worry about that pass rush existing.
    The Giants are ranked 11th in defending against the rush, averaging a little over 4 yards per rush. That's counting the first couple games of the season when they were terrible. If the Cowboys try to pound the football via the rush they'd be doing exactly what the Giants want which is to prevent Romo, TO and company from controlling the game.

  20. #20
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    386
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: NFL Week 10 Picks

    People are saying that Giants have been getting better as the season goes on, but I'd contribute their success to the fact that their schedule has been easier as the season goes on. (PHI 3-5, NYJ 1-8, ATL 2-6, SF 2-6, MIA 0-8)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Week 8 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2007-10-30, 01:51
  2. NFL Week 7 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 2007-10-25, 15:21
  3. NFL Week 6 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2007-10-16, 17:55
  4. NFL Week 5 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 2007-10-11, 14:23
  5. NFL Week 4 Picks
    By melbufrauma in forum Sports
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2007-10-02, 16:04
  6. NFL Week 3 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2007-09-26, 04:14
  7. NFL Week 2 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 2007-09-19, 17:42
  8. NFL Week 1 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2007-09-13, 14:42