Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 114

Thread: Treasure Hunter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    870
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Treasure Hunter

    Soooooooo, with the recent rumors or sayings and blashemy about how TH is activated being completeley upheaved, thought i would share my recent experience. My ls normally does dynamis runs with 18-20 ppl. In cities we usually come away with 180ish singles and maybe 1 or 2 hundread pieces if we are having a "god loves me" day. Last night we ran windy and we had our TH4 damage each statue before it was killed. This was the only thing we did differently, besides sacrificing that goat before we broke the glass. We walked away with 682 coins. 182 singles and 5 hundread pieces. I nearly had to change my boxers.
    Has anyone else had similar results? or is this just yet another example of the lol(insertgameconcepthere) that SE loves to shower us with?

  2. #2
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    157
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Yes. Had the same results. 2 years ago.

    THF needing to be on the mob's hate list isn't anything new.

  3. #3
    St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,808
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by nsx
    Yes. Had the same results. 2 years ago.

    THF needing to be on the mob's hate list isn't anything new.
    " "

    Yeah. It's really kind of intuitive. It wasn't really a surprise, just nice to have confirmation finally.

  4. #4
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    In one of the recent interviews, SE's development team or someone important was saying that TH is generated once the person has created a level of enmity on the particular mob. The amount of TH4's doesn't matter either. Only the single character with the highest level of TH will affect the mob.

    So, basically, have a THF hit all the mobs to accumulate the TH capability.

    Sorry, I don't have a link, but it's in one of the WoTG threads.

    Edit: I re-read your post, and realized you probably read about this already, but for those who haven't, it's a reference to those who don't know about the TH activation.

  5. #5
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,442
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by WANG
    In one of the recent interviews, SE's development team or someone important was saying that TH is generated once the person has created a level of enmity on the particular mob. The amount of TH4's doesn't matter either. Only the single character with the highest level of TH will affect the mob.

    So, basically, have a THF hit all the mobs to accumulate the TH capability.

    Sorry, I don't have a link, but it's in one of the WoTG threads.

    Edit: I re-read your post, and realized you probably read about this already, but for those who haven't, it's a reference to those who don't know about the TH activation.

    we all know thanks

  6. #6
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,958
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    The answer is yes, most likey positively probably.

  7. #7
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    the thf doesnt even have to strike any mobs.


    Step 1) type /heal.

    Congratulations, you now just stuck your TH on all the mobs.

  8. #8
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,056
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    the thf doesnt even have to strike any mobs.


    Step 1) type /heal.

    Congratulations, you now just stuck your TH on all the mobs.
    Or shit, just have the THF pull. All popped mobs will immediately aggro him!

  9. #9
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    the thf doesnt even have to strike any mobs.


    Step 1) type /heal.

    Congratulations, you now just stuck your TH on all the mobs.
    Or shit, just have the THF pull. All popped mobs will immediately aggro him!
    Those mobs link to the stone unless the thief is close enough to be sought by the monster. It's link enmity which isnt real enmity.

  10. #10

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    I was under the impression the Thief had to actually hit (or use a job ability on) the mob. /healing for hate seems a little too passive. (I love you Wafik, don't hate me.)

  11. #11

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    aggro enmity probably doesn't work b/c like what wafik said. it's a different type of enmity.
    try aggroing a mob. kite it, don't do a thing to it at all, just let it chase you and take dmg from it's hits. now have someone cure you. their cures don't generate hate.
    now do something to the mob. any cures after that will generate enmity on the mage.
    there needs to be aggressive enmity on any mob for a job trait to work. like if you farm gigas in qufim and have a afk thf in your party, there's no gilfinder effect. but if you have the thf perform a action on the mob then kill it yourself, double the gil will drop.
    but anyway. most of you probably already knew this <_>

  12. #12

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Toonshady
    there needs to be aggressive enmity on any mob for a job trait to work. like if you farm gigas in qufim and have a afk thf in your party, there's no gilfinder effect. but if you have the thf perform a action on the mob then kill it yourself, double the gil will drop.
    but anyway. most of you probably already knew this <_>
    I guess the question then is, will gilfinder activate if said afk thf is /healing next to where you fight the gigas?

  13. #13

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Today is the day where thf will sub blm for stonega (though whm, but you know... diaga + sleep don't mix that well)

    no I am no serious

  14. #14
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,056
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by lorcas
    Today is the day where thf will sub blm for stonega (though whm, but you know... diaga + sleep don't mix that well)

    no I am no serious
    Let us not forget about banishga Q_Q

  15. #15
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Could also sub BRD and spam Horde.

  16. #16
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,056
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Could also sub BRD and spam Horde.
    Even better.

  17. #17

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Or just throw a chakram or boomerang at stuff? That's what I do in Dynamis. I figure if it prevents me from hiding while the mob isn't looking at me, I'm on the hate list.

  18. #18
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Could throw a Mamoolbane or something I guess, to keep sleeping mob sleeping.

    Still think /BRD would be better. At least you could throw up a trash support song, but Ballad1 is Ballad1. Better than nothing.

  19. #19
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    We had our THF do that in the last dynamis and we got 3 100's in windy.

  20. #20
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,271
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Treasure Hunter

    Yerr! All THF/NIN should buy tools for ninjutsu enfeebles and spam on all mobs, not not mention THF/WHM banishga haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Drop Rate Analysis and Treasure Hunter
    By Mojo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 2009-02-10, 10:36
  2. A new look at Treasure Hunter
    By Gaea in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 2008-09-23, 23:36
  3. Treasure Hunter %
    By TacoTaru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2008-05-01, 05:28
  4. Treasure Hunter and 35s
    By Gaea in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 2008-04-07, 19:07
  5. Treasure Hunter in Salvage
    By Valyana in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 2008-02-01, 10:37
  6. Stealing Treasure Hunter
    By ByeByeTasai in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2007-11-07, 00:21
  7. Treasure Hunter questions
    By Treacherous in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2007-07-26, 12:06
  8. Treasure hunter impact on Dynamis
    By Kazeryushin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2006-11-15, 13:52
  9. Treasure Hunter +1 Test Results
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 2006-01-31, 14:36