Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boroka     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Boroka

What kind of party do you need to take him down?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re: Boroka

I've killed him a few times, normaly always with 6.
    2 NIN tanks are a good idea, BRD helps a lot too, then you just need about 2 mages.
    You could probably kill it with as little as 3 with some practice.
    Hate reset sucks. :(

Old Merits
    BG Level

Reckon it could be done with Nin Rdm Brd? And do you ever sleep it if stuff goes wrong or just kite?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Trio'd with NIN, RDM/NIN, THF. Quite sure NIN and RDM/NIN can duo because our RDM d/c'd once and the NIN and I(THF) nearly duo'd it ourselves by trading hate.

Not much room to kite but I do think I slept the mob with bolts a few times when it did the Boost move.

Our plan was basically use THF to trade hate between RDM and NIN and they co-tank it. Wasn't too hard.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Bring a THF if you can, it seems to increase the chances of getting a full loot pool instead of just a skulker's cape.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Alrighty, thanks everyone!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

I farmed this with a few friends, NIN,NIN,RDM. From our experiences, you are almost required to have 2 NINs, or 2 people to share hate between anyhow. THF would help a lot. Sold about 6 kotes over a 2 week span.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

During the major Xmas hike on gear and items me and a few friends had a monopoly on that mob. We kept it within a certain time of day and pretty much only killed it around then.

It kept the RMTs off us and we were able to make a lot of bank. At one point I was pulling in 24 Million Gil a month off that mob.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Trio'd with NIN, RDM/NIN, THF. Quite sure NIN and RDM/NIN can duo because our RDM d/c'd once and the NIN and I(THF) nearly duo'd it ourselves by trading hate.

Not much room to kite but I do think I slept the mob with bolts a few times when it did the Boost move.

Our plan was basically use THF to trade hate between RDM and NIN and they co-tank it. Wasn't too hard.

I REMEMBER THIS SHIT

We need to go back, I need muh earring. (And some moniez)

EDIT: I totally read your post Jud and I'm like, hahaha this reminds me of when Jud, Sol ... oh wait. >.>;

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NIN, NIN, BRD/RDM/WHM can win pretty easily if all 3 have brains in their skulls.

We'd usually go with 4 though, because lolTH and all that, but we went from like 1 pair of Kote a week to 3-4 and cut kill time pretty significantly.

p.s. Bring Bream Sushi or something cheap, Nihility Song sucks nuts, but the fight's much faster with melees eating sushi.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Two tanks is useful because he always follows up Choke Breath (Which takes 2 shadows) with Hoof Volley, which is hate reset and high damage. That said, I've killed him with just NIN and 2 mages, but if he keeps timing his Choke Breath when Ni is not up, you're going to take a lot of damage and probably wipe.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I made like 20m with that NM before gilseller get there, we were always killing it with 5. Minimale setup that doesn't involve being lucky imo is 2nin and 1 rdm/whm. That mofo will always uses 2 ws at the same time (choke breath + volley hoof), and some combo can be nasty if you are not lucky. Nin nin rdm whm blm was the setup we used, and it was always easy kill

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

One of the best money NM's out there - have 2 nin's eat food,swap hate like everyone else said etc dunno why you'd need more than 1 healer tho killed maybe 30 times?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've done before with x2 NIN/WAR and RDM/BLM.

The nin's really gotta know what to do... you want to avoid as much damage as possible. Also keep in mind this is a pretty long fight. Whenever it uses Choke Breath, or anything that he will follow up with Hoof Valley, just run away. If you stay untargeted, just be ready to take a few steps back and you can avoid any and all hoof valleys. The RDM needs to keep this in mind aswell, not just the NINs. Sometimes if you toss a regen or cure II while he's WS'ing, he'll come at the RDM and try and hoof valley him. RDM should keep Blink/SS up at all times unless you're doing rdm/nin.

NIN/THF + NIN/WHM duo can win consistantly with a couple yagudo drinks and decent merits/gear. Keep enfeebs up and bounce hate, Hoof Volley can be throat stabbed if you aren't gravitied. Doesn't hurt to carry a few Hi-Potions for emergencies, but you shouldn't take significant damage anyway. I've even seen a japanese NIN(Tatsuro) solo over 30% of it after his partner disconnected. Yea, someone is going to look at this and ask about using meds for farming.. look at it this way:
    On my server, a Hi-Potion tank is 7k(or save them from assault..) and 3 yagudo drinks = 4.5k. Horo kote is floating around 550k, a 1/3 share of that is ~183k vs 275k for a half share not mentioning that it takes less effort to get one person to show up consistantly than 2.
    Thinking about this makes me want to go back to camping it Shame we have gilsellers there now